Daniel Sturridge

IliyaKrostin

There are no links or rumours about it, but I just wanted to hear some opinions about him. Another player that left us to play more football, and he became much better in Liverpool. His main problem was injuries, last season it affected him most. He is a good striker, in 89 games he scored 46 goals, not a bad. I remember him and Suarez bombing teams together, maybe a new partnership with players like Hazard/Willian/Pedro will bring him back to his prime. 

Not necessarily to buy him, Klopp has no plans for him and a player like him doesn't need to warm up the bench. Maybe a loan will do good for him, he can come back stronger.

We're definitely looking for a striker, seems like Lukaku is on his way to United, Sanchez is not in our plans, Belotti's situation is unsure, Llorente is a target as well. 

Your opinions about him?

2 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

There are no links or rumours about it, but I just wanted to hear some opinions about him. Another player that left us to play more football, and he became much better in Liverpool. His main problem was injuries, last season it affected him most. He is a good striker, in 89 games he scored 46 goals, not a bad. I remember him and Suarez bombing teams together, maybe a new partnership with players like Hazard/Willian/Pedro will bring him back to his prime. 

Not necessarily to buy him, Klopp has no plans for him and a player like him doesn't need to warm up the bench. Maybe a loan will do good for him, he can come back stronger.

We're definitely looking for a striker, seems like Lukaku is on his way to United, Sanchez is not in our plans, Belotti's situation is unsure, Llorente is a target as well. 

Your opinions about him?

You clearly just bantering ain't u surely 

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Your opinions about him?

Suarez made him look better than he really is, hence why when Suarez wasn't there he wasn't anywhere near as good.

Definitely wouldn't want him back here

4 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Your opinions about him?

We don't have the medical facilites set aside for Mister Crock UK. That man's insides are made of crepe paper and souffle.

I think he has the best collection of lower body injuries I've heard of from a football player.

Of the top of my head he had:

Hip, groin, hamstring, knee, ankle with varying degrees of injuries to ligaments, and bones I think.

Not sure if he's had heel injuries or ACLs before.

Either way, the guy should be patted on the back just for being able to walk at this point

How much is he? 10 million quid ? Then he's the perfect board signing.  Cheap and english to boot.  Sign him up!  No need to care about Conte's opinion as he's just the coach and the real experts know best.  Injuries? Never mind about those - cheap as chips is the motto at the club boardroom. 

• 6 months later...

A lot of people might call me crazy, but for a reasonable price, I would take Sturridge back here as a backup striker. 

If we can get him fit and motivated he's a goal machine, and very dangerous at that. He was our top goal scorer at the age of 23 while playing on the RW, he's a proven goal scorer at Liverpool. I know that's a big if, but would be interested to know what others thought. 

As people say here he is injury-prone. To be honest a very injury-prone. He could get over that quality in time. Very talented footballer. If we'd get him for peanuts I'd take him back. I think Danny's ceiling is much higher than Michy's.

What we'd need for our backup striker to do is to have some experience and a will to be a backup.

Buying Sturridge, even for a theoretically (and unrealistically) cheap transfer fee, would be a sign of desperation to me. Can you imagine any of our top four rivals signing him? Our goal this season is CL qualification and we are still on track to achieve that. I'd rather we took the time to find a RELIABLE backup/alternative to Morata in the summer rather than panic buying the first striker who happens to be available.

Archived