Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Citeh were so poor..perhaps those easy wins against sh*te opposition of late went to their heads. The most damning thing I can say about them is they looked as dangerous as we do when hazard has played as a false nine.

and it means the apocalypse is well and truly nigh.

Edited by The Brit

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

DmKkB_LW0AUVTl-.jpg:large

I wouldn't say that it would take a bigger bottle job!

The difference is that City had two games in hand and Liverpool were much more fragile defensively and mentally. They are a better side than they were back then, especially defensively.

Edited by Scott Harris

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

City dont deserve to retain the title. Results like that are shocking.

As is Burnleys late collapse. Useless. Sarri will have to deliver the Europa league, fa cup AND the league cup in order to make may and June bearable...

Honestly if we win all 3, that's perfect ! Even just the europa is fine since this would mean UCL footy + a 6th european trophy for us ! And after all, at that point, I dont care about dippers winning it ... It would be their first PL only ! However, if spuds pull this off ... :backsaway:

Edited by Londonisblue

I think it’s time we accept that Liverpool will be winning the league. Brace yourself, it will be unbearable. The media will be all over them. 

Shame about the United result but hopefully it will be start of Ole’s new manager bounce bursting. If we win, we go 5 points clear. I’m not convinced Arsenal have it in them to finish 4th, they’re still abit inconsistent. 

12 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

If City drop points and Liverpool win, then I think that's it. I can't see Liverpool dropping 6 more points than City from now until the end of the season.

Make that 7 points now.

City lose. 

If Liverpool win tomorrow, then it's done. It would take an even bigger bottle job than in 2013 for them to blow it from being 7 points clear.

Be brave, my little soldier, this is just their little moment in the spotlight.

Read these and be relaxed, your worst fears will never happen.

https://www.90min.com/posts/5909649-ain-t-over-yet-5-of-the-best-premier-league-title-comebacks-to-inspire-man-city-s-challengers

If Pep doesn't win the title this season I would view his 3 seasons at City as a moderate failure. 

He's been given so much money to build the exact squad he wants, he's literally got no excuses for under-performing. 

Short of winning the Champions League this season if they miss out on the league and it's a rubbish return for their investment. Domestic cup successes would be little consolation.  

24 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Pep doesn't win the title this season I would view his 3 seasons at City as a moderate failure. 

He's been given so much money to build the exact squad he wants, he's literally got no excuses for under-performing. 

Short of winning the Champions League this season if they miss out on the league and it's a rubbish return for their investment. Domestic cup successes would be little consolation.  

I'd even go as far as to say that he even had the advantage of at least a seasons preparation before he even arrived in Manchester. Admittedly it's conjecture but i believe that the City owners had set up the appointment while he was in Munich if not even Spain and that he had some influence on things from afar.

I do think that if they do slip a couple of points further adrift of Liverpool that it would increase their chances of winning the EC and I expect that is probably their preference for a trophy anyway. When you look at the draw and the form of the sides in that tournament, it's not particularly difficult to see City winning it. We know though joyful experience that you don't need to have good league form to win 'old big ears'.

1 hour ago, luckywerthers said:

i think its time to accept that the unthinkable is going to happen this season, its been fun the "this is the year" days but i think this is defo the year for the scouse

You sound like a Chinese astrologer, what is it now year of the Pig. 

Shame about the United result but hopefully it will be start of Ole’s new manager bounce bursting. If we win, we go 5 points clear. I’m not convinced Arsenal have it in them to finish 4th, they’re still abit inconsistent. 

Arsenal also have to go to City this weekend. Though, City's form is all over the place at the moment. If Arsenal get a result, an out of form City would benefit us leading up to the Cup Final in Feb.