Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 11th Nov 14:15 UK

I fear the Spurs game, our performances have been poor lately in all competitions, the opponents read our game and now they all nulify us. We have absolutely zero pace, the game is played like a slow training sesssion. Best we can hope is top 4 this year

2 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Haha good point. If he did it 5 or 6 times a match like Morata then yes I wouldn’t want him to play for the club. It’s embarrassing for everyone and it actually does the exact opposite it’s supposed to and impedes the team. 

Drogba?

Just now, BenCFC19 said:

I was referencing the fact that he said all of our signings apart from Kepa were bench warmers when Jorginho was most definitely not a bench warmer, was poorly worded on my part

Ignore that dozy f**ker, he has an embarrassing lack of football understanding. 

2 minutes ago, JPH said:

I do not understand what Kante has made to deserve place in the starting eleven. He is totally useless offencively.

Kante is the man who presses AND actually recovers the ball. His tackling is amazing. He puts us on the front foot.I can not understand why anybody would point the finger at him, of all players! Morata, however, what was he throwing a fit about? How many times can someone be caught offside. He could have held his run and still got to the disallowed goal.

2 minutes ago, General said:

FairPlay to Everton they’ve worked all week on their game plan  put out misinformation about Richarlison and stopped Jorginho in the 1st half 

2nd half we’ve perked up especially when Hazard came  alive  and could say we’ve been a tad unlucky 

last season we’d lost this kind of game, didnt  lose and still top 4  think there’s s bit of an over reaction on here for the 0-0

Last season is not some benchmark we have to follow........that sh*t was pur evil and not our standard. Lets be honest we have been crap and slow for a couple of games. Little by Little the quality of our squad will reveal itself......or lack of.

Apart from a decent start to the second half we just never really going. Far too slow and casual early on from the back. Everton were well set up but we need to play better and smarter to break these teams down. Better movement and quicker passing was needed. Apart from two great efforts from Alonso not exactly a match to get excited about.
Still a work in progress and still unbeaten so not all bad.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's irritating how Spurs have managed to win so many games while playing utter w**k, they're only one point behind us somehow. 

This is why you always need to have a striker that can give you something out of nothing. Kane is invisible most of the time for Tottenham of late, but he seems to always do something to bail them out. 

A couple of times in recent seasons we seen both Spurs and Utd struggle in the Europa, Spurs dropped out of the title race and Mourinho prioritised the Europa over the league to get a CL spot.

When we have these Eastern European ties with several hours on the plane and a time difference we might struggle.

BBC feed on Morata diving yet some offsides were close...……..

I think the improvement on last year has been more than most expected and as a result has raised expectations artificially high.

In cold truth, we’re three to five players away from threatening City. That’s how it is. Plus, as much as I like Sarri, he himself still has a lot to prove. So far he is a nearly man. Very likeable and with a good approach to the game, but he’s yet to show he can lead a team to trophies. I fancy he will, maybe even this year, but it will definitely not be the Premiership. This year is primarily a fight for Champions League qualification. Fourth will surfice, third a bonus

Just now, Scott Harris said:

This is why you always need to have a striker that can give you something out of nothing. Kane is invisible most of the time for Tottenham of late, but he seems to always do something to bail them out. 

He did it again last game, Spurs were playing absolute sh*t aswell creating nothing. They've been really bad but are still winning games, Spurs usually kick into gear around January, I don't know why so many people are looking down on them. 

Just now, mez said:

Kante is the man who presses AND actually recovers the ball. His tackling is amazing. He puts us on the front foot.I can not understand why anybody would point the finger at him, of all players! Morata, however, what was he throwing a fit about? How many times can someone be caught offside. He could have held his run and still got to the disallowed goal.

I didn't see Kante recover that many balls today. Instead I saw him loosing the ball quite often or making bad decissions with it.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Tell that to the board........they somehow saw it fit. Morata is supersub at the max.

4 minutes ago, mez said:

Morata, Willian, Kovacic. When it comes to attack, these are the players we need to be pointing fingers at. Kante isn't an attacking player, what he is asked to do he does well. If Morata could have stayed onside, he probably would have scored today, if Willian hadn't choked when he got his chance, he would have scored today, if Kovacic could create anything, we would have scored today. Blaming Kante for not offering an attacking threat is a silly argument to be making because that isn't his primary job. His job is to get around the pitch, take possession, get us out of tricky spots, and he does it well. Once he has done that, it's up to the attacking players to produce the goods, and Kovacic, Willian and Morata too often fail to do this.