Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town (PL) Sat 2nd Feb 15:00 GMT

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Haha CHO didn't want to pass to Higuain and shot wide, then Higuain didn't want to pass to him and tried to pass to Willian and CHO wasn't happy about it.

In fairness, Willian seemed like he had a better chance- he just seems off the pace today.

1 minute ago, BadBlue said:

When cannot understand, accept, or argue politely another point of view, it is usually the weapon of the less intellectually gifted people to insult or become violent. Your post falls into that category. 

Violent by Christ. I see I touched a nerve. 

Regarding intellectual capacity,  I have no need or desire to defend myself. Fact is I do not accept the validity of what you present as your point of view, which appears to consist solely of griping and moaning about the team, the performance, the club, without even the merest hint of positivity. 

I find the way that you, and people like yourself (brakeit to name but one), choose to support the club, extremely strange, and is a major factor in why I generally don't bother posting nowadays, especially in the match day threads.

There is quite simply, just too much crap to wade through.

4 minutes ago, dustbin719 said:

Thought Kova provided a bit more “bite” to the midfield. Had 1-2 sloppy passes but tackled and covered better than Jorginho

Disagree actually. I thought Jorginho marshalled the team very well today. Kovacic did't play particulalry badly but Jorginho wasn't brought off due to performance.I thought he played very well.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Disagree actually. I thought Jorginho marshalled the team very well today. Kovacic did't play particulalry badly but Jorginho wasn't brought off due to performance.I thought he played very well.

I agree. I thought Jorginho had a good game for us today. Overall a great result and some encouraging performances. Great to see Higuain get off the mark and that should do wonders for his confidence. Also helps our GD after the dreadful result midweek. Who knows? It may even come down to GD at the end of the season.

Positive reaction is the most important thing about today's result. It answers the question whether the players are still playing for Sarri.

Given the quality of the opposition, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions, but Higuain scoring a brace and working well with others, especially Hazard, was a welcome sign. He'll find it harder to do it against better sides but his attitude and movement were impressive. Hopefully this game gives him much needed confidence, God knows we need him to keep scoring.

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

I agree. I thought Jorginho had a good game for us today. Overall a great result and some encouraging performances. Great to see Higuain get off the mark and that should do wonders for his confidence. Also helps our GD after the dreadful result midweek. Who knows? It may even come down to GD at the end of the season.

And you could see that the timing is still ever so slightly off, that telepathic link up between the players. Another couple of matches and i think Higuain will be on the same wavlength with Hazard, Kante and Jorginho, and posisbly Luiz with his raking long balls. At the moment i can't see any real mental link up with Alonso or Willian but that may well come as well.

Get in great performance, Hazard brilliant, Barkley bossing it and great to see Higuain so clinical.

Yes Huddersfield are sh*t but was a definite improvement, some Big games coming up hopefully we can kick on with some momentum now and get as many points as possible, UTC.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Not saying Jorginho had a bad game at all. I think those 2 periods where Hiddersfield pressed us hard, Jorginho got us out of alot of those situations.

Kova tackles better than Jorginho though, and seems to cover more ground defensively. I also think he’s pretty press resistant. Think he offers a different option in that position without sacrificing too much of what Jorginho brings. Would be interested to see him play there for a full game against the right opponent