Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town (PL) Sat 2nd Feb 15:00 GMT

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

I agree. I thought Jorginho had a good game for us today. Overall a great result and some encouraging performances. Great to see Higuain get off the mark and that should do wonders for his confidence. Also helps our GD after the dreadful result midweek. Who knows? It may even come down to GD at the end of the season.

Both looked good today I think.  kovacic/Jorginho rotation makes more sense than kovacic/barkley as some of us have argued. That and some other decisions of late suggest Sarri, at a loss on how to improve things, has clearly resorted to consulting this forum for ideas. Hi Maurizio!

23 minutes ago, big blue said:

Very good day at the office. The work rate from everyone was miles better than that 2nd half at Bournemouth. if sarri is losing the dressing room, it doesn't look like it.

Hazard, and Higuian were both excellent and will rightly grab the headlines, but there were some great perfomances all over the pitch.

Barkley was fantastic especially 2nd half, Jorginho was great, and Kante was typically good.

Christiensen came in and looked like the calming influence he was when he broke though last season. 

Alonso had his best game in months aswell.

Willian was still underwhelming.

We had to win heavily today and we did. 

Very fair description. 

Huddersfield were weak and unbelievably didn't park the bus but you can only beat what's in front of you. We moved the ball faster and showed good workrate. Harder tests to come but this will help rebuild confidence.

On another thread some were saying to sell Hazard...madness sheer madness

3 minutes ago, charierre said:

Very fair description. 

Huddersfield were weak and unbelievably didn't park the bus but you can only beat what's in front of you. We moved the ball faster and showed good workrate. Harder tests to come but this will help rebuild confidence.

On another thread some were saying to sell Hazard...madness sheer madness

I think it shows the difference in scoring that 1st goal early in the game aswell. 

3 minutes ago, Upsetter said:

Violent by Christ. I see I touched a nerve. 

Regarding intellectual capacity,  I have no need or desire to defend myself. Fact is I do not accept the validity of what you present as your point of view, which appears to consist solely of griping and moaning about the team, the performance, the club, without even the merest hint of positivity. 

I find the way that you, and people like yourself (brakeit to name but one), choose to support the club, extremely strange, and is a major factor in why I generally don't bother posting nowadays, especially in the match day threads.

There is quite simply, just too much crap to wade through.

I can understand you don't accept my point of view, like I maybe don't accept yours, but there is no need for insults. You don't need to defend yourself, you showed with that post that you are unable to accept other people's views but cannot argue in a positive or constructive way an opinion you don't like.

Back to the team,  it was frustrating for me that even Hud found a way to block our laborious construction from the back and keep us in our half. Before the 3rd goal we were struggling to get out of our own half and better teams would find a way to get the ball and punish us.

Generally I don't find many of our fans that I talked to happy about our style of play, determination / motivation of key players and direction we are going, Maybe it takes time to rebuild an ageing and non motivated team but in the meantime, they give us plenty reasons to be frustrated, hence some of my ( and others ) posts. 

Great result today, if they can build on that, I would be very happy. Come on Chelsea !!  ::ChELSeAFaN::

The quick one/two touch pass and move was much better today in spells, especially up top. Hazard was brilliant, and also looked to be following instructions, by not holding onto the ball too long. Higuain has great movement in the box and is a good finisher. Without getting carried away, this was the performance needed today after midweek. Hopefully we can build on this.

Just got back from game. Played well, like others have said you can only beat what’s in front of you. If we can do this against stronger opposition then we will have turned a corner.  Our passing was quicker, some good combinations. Hazard and Higuian looked like getting an understanding. The midfield three were more positive and thought apart from not shooting when he had chances Barclay had a decent game today.

we actually used our corners today, good movement on three occasions two for Luiz and another for Jorginho, plus the goal for Luiz. I think the one thing reading through match day threads that’s interesting, is when people are typing whilst watching on tv/streaming the misplaced balls or decisions cause more frustration or anger than when at the game. 

Just now, Brutos said:

No matter how good our performance people wil moan

I do understand where @doctorblueis coming from - Barkley did mess up a couple of chances to shoot on goal but IMHO that pass to The Mighty Eden made up for his deficiencies - still The Terriers were sheep ready for the slaughter but I am happy w/ the response of the players - they needed that after that fiasco from midweek - Forward & upwards!!!  

Like watching Chelsea of old.

Lose 4-0 then win 5-0!!

Better all round. Great to see a center forward really thump the ball.

Hazard supurb , the rest apart from Willy played well inc Jourginio. 

But sterner oposition next week. But we have beat them already this season so it depends what Chelsea team turns up.

Better atmosphere than i expected.

Cant moan 5 goals no matter the oposition.

Up the Chels

I caught some on the stream that was shared and saw the first goal. I couldn't watch much for reasons I won't go into just now.

What I noticed was that the movement was generally good with players moving for each other and making themselves available for passes. Up front also we looked more lively with nice passing work down the right. I alos noticed Hazard and Willian changing wings which I think is a good idea as sometimes Hazard has four men around him.

Won 2 out of my 3 bets today though steered clear of us as thought we would win yet not by so many!

Higuain can shoot. He made lots of mistakes but still scored two. That’s a good striker. 

‘Kante and Hazard were the pick but Barkley and Chrtenson stepped up well. 

Jorginho didn’t convince me defensively at all and better teams will kill luiz/Alonso for pace. 

Great result after Wednesday but need to keep things in perspective. We weren't terrible on Wednesday, we were bad in the 2nd half, and we weren't brilliant today.

We can't keep losing the ball when most of the time it leads to a good chance for the other team to score.

Anyway, great result and good to see a change in the 2nd half...hopefully doesnt mean Rudiger is dropped for next game.

Solid win. Amazing what a difference a striker who can finish makes. He was pretty poor in general play but rifled home two great finishes. The second one was superb, can't remember the last time a striker finished from outside the box.

That said, Huddersfield were awful. They neither tried to block Jorginho or sit deep, two clear ways to beat us. We were also extraordinarily open again. Sometimes it looked like Jorginho was playing ahead of the other two midfielders. Huddersfield just lacked the skill to exploit us on the break.

It's an encouraging win but let's not get ahead of ourselves.