Numpty Rory Jennings..

Desailly123

I'm completely new to this forum and have no idea if this has been discussed yet or not, but I want an opinion on Rory Jennings' quotes about Sarri.

He's come under a lot of criticism this season, claiming Chelsea fans who don't attend the Bridge regularly aren't true fans and anyone who didn't want Sarri out wasn't a true Chelsea fan. 

He went on another YouTuber's footballing show and said the following: Opinions are not wrong, but I just wanted to know fans on here's opinions (if they haven't heard of the guy) and see if there is a mutual feeling about the stuff he says:

Presenter: What are your thoughts on Sarri now? You are still in with a chance of top 4.

Rory: Well, nothing's changed. And this is what I find quite interesting about the people who are pro-Sarri. We beat Brighton the other day and my @s go mad and it's people going "haha are you still Sarri out?" It's like what? Because we beat Brighton you think that anything changes? If Chelsea win every game between now and the end of the season we'll finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, and I still think he needs to be sacked. 

Fellow guest: So even if Chelsea finish top 4 and win the Europa League?

Rory: He still needs to be sacked

Presenter: Why?

Rory: Because he isn't a Chelsea man

Presenter: I'm going to be honest Rory, you're not making a good argument "he isn't a Chelsea man," you need to clarify.

Rory: But that means something, people who don't get that aren't Chelsea men. Anyone who is a Chelsea man understands exactly what I'm saying. Listen, i'm not the most articulate man in the world, i'm a football fan, so when people go "you didn't make your case well," mate i'm not a lawyer. I'm just telling you, if you don't see the problem with Sarri, you aren't a Chelsea man either so anyone who's pro-Sarri, you've probably never been to Stamford Bridge mate, so your opinion is not relevant

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We have a lot of fans that are bell ends but Rory Jennings tops the list. He's 35 and acts like a 15 year old boy. Melt.

He's an actor aswell, has even been on Eastenders :laugh2:

52 minutes ago, Argo said:

He's an actor aswell, despite being on Eastenders :laugh2:

Fixed that for you.

To answer the op’s question, I have no idea who he is and couldn‘t care less about what he says on YouTube. 

23 minutes ago, Scott said:

Rory gives me the impression he started supporting Chelsea in 2012. Spoiled, know it all that has never known his club coming 12th in the 2nd division. 

Indeed it's at times like this that we wish YB would leap into the breach to say what everyone else is thinking but too polite to say. 

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Never heard of him until now. Not interested in learning anything about the man apart from what’s in this thread. Hope I never hear of him again. 

Sounds like a grade A c**t. 

That’s exactly what he is

Might disagree with pro Sarri mob but wouldn't have audacity to say they're not real chelsea fans etc...certainly wouldn't take it from a young pup who has obviously only been around in the successful years..for him to have the cheek to say what is a chelsea man or not is very cringe...

Is that the CFCFAN channel guy? Sophie Rose is the girl, right? I think that channel is ridiculous. They are so reactionary and emotional. Just look at their old videos when Conte and Mourinho were getting poor results; they were just as fickle then. 

I've seen a lot of his stuff on Twitter and the guys is a supporter that you'd be embarrassed to associate with the club.

Whether youre sarri in or out, if we finish top 4 or win the EL or better yet, do both, why should he be sacked?

Hes operating in a PL with two teams that will finish on 90+ points and the has to then beat 3 other teams to the 2 remaining spots for top 4, the PL is more competitive now than it ever has been if he gets us L:C football thats all that matters.

Rory is just an idiot and only spouting his sh*te to get a reaction and build up social media interaction to keep himself cushy.

33 minutes ago, Delnino said:

the PL is more competitive now than it ever has been 

People make this argument all the time. 

Personally I think the early to mid 2000s was when the league was at a particularly high standard. 

Chelsea, Liverpool and United were regularly getting to the latter stages of the European Cup, you had the Arsenal team going unbeaten in the league. 

Right now you've got two teams playing good football in City and Liverpool but the rest of the chasing pack has been quite poor. Us in particular, for the money we've invested in the team over the last couple of seasons for us to be struggling to break top four is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

People make this argument all the time. 

Personally I think the early to mid 2000s was when the league was at a particularly high standard. 

Chelsea, Liverpool and United were regularly getting to the latter stages of the European Cup, you had the Arsenal team going unbeaten in the league. 

Right now you've got two teams playing good football in City and Liverpool but the rest of the chasing pack has been quite poor. Us in particular, for the money we've invested in the team over the last couple of seasons for us to be struggling to break top four is ridiculous. 

I think the argument to be had is that there is more parity now than ever, which I think has a lot to do with the amount of money all of the teams are getting.  Some of these mid table sides are quite good - not that we should expect to drop points, but they are no cake walk, like they are in other leagues across Europe.

I feel dumber having read his opinion and backing up of the opinion and then I felt even dumber when I realized I've seen that opinion before here and about on the forums.

And I've read and posted some dumb stuff myself so I just know, trust me if you don't know you aren't dumb enough to know.

43 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I think the argument to be had is that there is more parity now than ever, which I think has a lot to do with the amount of money all of the teams are getting.  Some of these mid table sides are quite good - not that we should expect to drop points, but they are no cake walk, like they are in other leagues across Europe.

I feel like there's always been good mid-table sides though.

Big Sam's Bolton were a great team with players like Jay-Jay Okocha, Ivan Campo. Aston Villa for a while were a decent team, same with Berbatov era Fulham. David Moyes threatened with Everton for a couple of years, even finishing in the top 4. Spurs too are probably worthy of a token mention. 

Premier League has always been competitive from top to bottom, which is what makes it have such pull for international viewing. 

• coco changed the title to Numpty Rory Jennings..WTFHAY !

Interesting Rory tidbit. My old season ticket at the bridge (I had to give it up due to financial and work commitments which must mean i am not a proper fan anymore) Was sat directly behind Rory in the Matthew Harding lower. He became chummy with an exec at the club and now sits exclusively in a corporate area of the ground...

• coco changed the title to Numpty Rory Jennings..WTFHAY??!
5 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Interesting Rory tidbit. My old season ticket at the bridge (I had to give it up due to financial and work commitments which must mean i am not a proper fan anymore) Was sat directly behind Rory in the Matthew Harding lower. He became chummy with an exec at the club and now sits exclusively in a corporate area of the ground...

Just like a "proper" fan...……..a "real Chelsea man"...…….

Fellow Loud-Mouthed American Alex Goldberg addresses the Rory quote. It's touched a nerve as he's gotten about 300K views and counting.

Frankly, I'd never heard of Rory until Alex said something about it. I don't see any reason to start paying attention to him now. 

There's no special award for "biggest fan". Maybe we can make one up for biggest dumbass though...

Archived