Chelsea vs Eintracht Frankfurt (EL) Thur 9th May 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Giroud has to do more in the box. When the ball is put in there he's static.

It's the same with Higuain, Chelse MUST create better quality goal opportunities.

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm sick of the poor attitude of the players at the club. Why the f**k are they switching off in every game? Seriously, when was the last time we played a full game without switching off for large periods of a match? I don't believe this is an issue with Sarri because it's been gradually getting worse for years now.

You cannot blame Sarri for that Scott. The players are playing in an important semi final - this falls on the players and not the coach. Why do we have players that cannot keep concentration for a full 90 minutes? That’s the problem.

Edited by DannyVblue

4 minutes ago, Snedger said:

God, we are absolutely sh*t.

One or two players away from challenging for the title says Sarri. He’s completely deranged.

I assumed that was a translation issue.  Even Sarri isn't that clueless.  I think he meant with have 1 or 2 players good enough to challenge for a title.  Only 9 or 10 more to go!

This is exactly what I expected from Frankfurt. They were holding back in that first half because they didn't want to tire themselves out like they did in the first leg. The problem is that we haven't responded to it. It's a lethargic and lazy performance from us once again

Edited by Scott Harris

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

That was one of the things that struck me about the Liverpool game ... red shirts swarming all over the box when they attacked ... 5 or 6 options for the player on the ball ...

Yes. Something I have commented on this numerous times this season. And it is down to the Sarriball system. It does not allow players to be committed forward, in numbers, in front of the player in possession of the ball.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

This is exactly what I expected from Frankfurt. They were holding back in that first half because they didn't want to tire themselves out like they did in the first leg. The problem is that we haven't responded to it. It's a lethargic and lazy performance from us once again

Not helped by our shocking lack of care of the ball. This sloppy play will be do our undoing at this rate.

Just now, just said:

Yes. Something I have commented on this numerous times this season. And it is down to the Sarriball system. It does not allow players to be committed forward, in numbers, in front of the player in possession of the ball.

Yeah as much as I hate to say it I was so envious of that watching Liverpool, they flooded the box when attacking. I hate the fact we only ever have one or two players in the box.