Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Let's see the home table for comparison 

1. Liverpool                   P:10 W:10 D:0 L:0  F: 27 A: 9 GD: +18 = 30
  2. Leicester City           P:10 W:7 D:2 L:1  F: 19 A: 9 GD: +10 = 23
  3. Manchester City       P:10 W:7 D:1 L:2  F: 27 A: 9 GD: +18 = 22
  4. Tottenham Hotspur  P:10 W:6 D:2 L:2  F: 21 A: 10 GD: +11 = 20
  5. Manchester United   P:10 W:5 D:4 L:1  F: 20 A: 10 GD: +10 = 19
  6. Everton                      P:10 W:5 D:2 L:3  F: 12 A: 11 GD: +1 = 17
  7. Wolves                        P:10 W:4 D:4 L:2  F: 16 A: 14 GD: +2 = 16
  8. Newcastle United     P:10 W:4 D:4 L:2  F: 11 A: 9 GD: +2 = 16
  9. Brighton                     P:10 W:4 D:3 L:3  F: 14 A: 11 GD: +3 = 15
  10. Crystal Palace           P:10 W:4 D:3 L:3  F: 9 A: 9 GD: 0 = 15
  11. Burnley                      P:10 W:5 D:0 L:5  F: 13 L: 15 GD: -2 = 15
  12. Sheffield United         P:10 W:4 D:2 L:4  F: 12 A: 10 GD: +2 = 14
  13. Chelsea                      P:10 W:4 D:2 L:4  F: 11 A: 10 GD: +1 = 14
  14. Aston Villa                  P:10 W:4 D:2 L:4  F: 13 A: 14 GD: -1 = 14
  15. Arsenal                       P:10 W:3 D:4 L:3  F: 15 A: 17 GD: -2 = 13
  16. Bournemouth            P:10 W:2 D:4 L:4  F: 10 A: 14 GD: -4 = 10
  17. Watford                      P:10 W:2 D:4 L:4  F: 9 A: 13 GD: -4 = 10
  18. Norwich City              P:10 W:2 D:2 L:6  F: 16 A: 24 GD: -8 = 10
  19. Southampton             P:10 W:2 D:2 L:6  F: 10 A: 25 GD: -15 = 8
  20. West Ham United       P:9 W:2 D:1 L:6 F: 6 A: 12 GD: -6 = 7

24 minutes ago, evissy said:

That home form must really sting Frank. I feel we have 2 problems at home. 1 monkey on our back 2 parked bus. We need to sort that bus with some tactics and monkey with some wins.

And for me the answer lies in the quality in the wide areas.. we must have the most average collections of fullbacks in the league when it comes to presence in the attacking third.. all season i can only remember 1 or 2 goals via a fullback cross. This means teams can sit narrow and deep literally allow the freedom of the pitch to our fullbacks because they are confident on the lack of quality on incomng crosses. invariably then we start trying to pass our way to the goal via link-ups in very tight areas .. loose possession and bang!

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think Lamptey gives Frank a dilemma, he looks a natural right back where as James does not.

A good dilemma though.

Hope to see more of Lamptey.

Guess it will be horses for courses.

As much as I liked the look of Lamptey, he is very small and looks about 12! Could see him getting bossed by big teams whereas James is an absolute unit and will never get bossed. Hope we use both going forward with Azpi and Alonso alternating on the left until we find a long-term LB. 

48 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Guess it will be horses for courses.

As much as I liked the look of Lamptey, he is very small and looks about 12! Could see him getting bossed by big teams whereas James is an absolute unit and will never get bossed. Hope we use both going forward with Azpi and Alonso alternating on the left until we find a long-term LB. 

Agree that could work and may well happen.

10 hours ago, Jezz said:
  1. Liverpool                   P:10 W:10 D:0 L:0  F: 27 A: 9 GD: +18 = 30
  2. Leicester City           P:10 W:7 D:2 L:1  F: 19 A: 9 GD: +10 = 23
  3. Manchester City       P:10 W:7 D:1 L:2  F: 27 A: 9 GD: +18 = 22
  4. Tottenham Hotspur  P:10 W:6 D:2 L:2  F: 21 A: 10 GD: +11 = 20
  5. Manchester United   P:10 W:5 D:4 L:1  F: 20 A: 10 GD: +10 = 19
  6. Everton                      P:10 W:5 D:2 L:3  F: 12 A: 11 GD: +1 = 17
  7. Wolves                        P:10 W:4 D:4 L:2  F: 16 A: 14 GD: +2 = 16
  8. Newcastle United     P:10 W:4 D:4 L:2  F: 11 A: 9 GD: +2 = 16
  9. Brighton                     P:10 W:4 D:3 L:3  F: 14 A: 11 GD: +3 = 15
  10. Crystal Palace           P:10 W:4 D:3 L:3  F: 9 A: 9 GD: 0 = 15
  11. Burnley                      P:10 W:5 D:0 L:5  F: 13 L: 15 GD: -2 = 15
  12. Sheffield United         P:10 W:4 D:2 L:4  F: 12 A: 10 GD: +2 = 14
  13. Chelsea                      P:10 W:4 D:2 L:4  F: 11 A: 10 GD: +1 = 14
  14. Aston Villa                  P:10 W:4 D:2 L:4  F: 13 A: 14 GD: -1 = 14
  15. Arsenal                       P:10 W:3 D:4 L:3  F: 15 A: 17 GD: -2 = 13
  16. Bournemouth            P:10 W:2 D:4 L:4  F: 10 A: 14 GD: -4 = 10
  17. Watford                      P:10 W:2 D:4 L:4  F: 9 A: 13 GD: -4 = 10
  18. Norwich City              P:10 W:2 D:2 L:6  F: 16 A: 24 GD: -8 = 10
  19. Southampton             P:10 W:2 D:2 L:6  F: 10 A: 25 GD: -15 = 8
  20. West Ham United       P:9 W:2 D:1 L:6 F: 6 A: 12 GD: -6 = 7

level with Villa and 4 points above the drop. As many losses as wins. Pathetic results really.

I think we should always use James or Lampty on the right and Alonso on the left for home matches against all but the top teams.

We almost need a different set of players for our home and away matches.

Conceding 1 goal against the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth etc.. ain't even our biggest problem, it's our blunt attack and failure from wide areas.

Conceding 1 goal at home shouldn't condemn you to defeat like it does with us.

Other teams must literally have a team talk of "Force them out wide because they are no threat in the wide positions, nick a goal at some point in the 90 minutes and we have a good chance of winning".

It needs to be addressed as visiting teams will continue to use that formula until we figure out how to unlock teams at home.

27 minutes ago, 2211 said:

I think we should always use James or Lampty on the right and Alonso on the left for home matches against all but the top teams.

We almost need a different set of players for our home and away matches.

Conceding 1 goal against the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth etc.. ain't even our biggest problem, it's our blunt attack and failure from wide areas.

Conceding 1 goal at home shouldn't condemn you to defeat like it does with us.

Other teams must literally have a team talk of "Force them out wide because they are no threat in the wide positions, nick a goal at some point in the 90 minutes and we have a good chance of winning".

It needs to be addressed as visiting teams will continue to use that formula until we figure out how to unlock teams at home.

Until we sign suitable new defenders/wing backs we should only ever contemplate a back three (outside of a one off game to throw a curve ball) if we have ALL of Lamptey, Tomori and Alonso avalible with one of James and Azpi.

It simply becomes to static and predictable with three out and out CBs and a Azpi on one of the wings.

As we sit 4 points clear in 4th place i for one feel my expectations (as they were at the start of the season) have been surpassed by Frank, his team and the players.
Surely with the introduction of such a large number of very young players aided and abetted by the transfer ban to be where we are is nothing short of remarkable.
The home form against 'lesser teams' is wrongly tainting the achievement in my eyes, it's a learning process and that applies to ALL of the staff and players. We will get over this hurdle and when we do we will be contending for trophies. I think a huge step was taken by Frank against the Arse, he proved he could take hard and game changing decisions to the benefit of the result.

All is not yet rosy of course it isn't but i am proud of the club and the route it's taken, and Frank will add in Jan where we need it.... Roll on the second half !!

On 29/12/2019 at 17:40, Gentian said:

I believe Frank and Jody learned alot against Arsenal, as we all did.

For me 4-2-3-1 is the way to go and Jorginho is absolutely fundamental in this squad, not only his passing, interceptions etc but his leadership skills which none of other players possess. 

Kepa

James - Rudi - Zouma - Azpi

Jorginho - Kovacic/Kante

Willian - Mount - Pulisic/CHO

Abraham 

This is our best team and system for this group of players I think.

When defending we revert to 4-4-1-1 attacking 4-2-3-1

Our best lineup today. I am happy.

Just a mediocre manager which all you needed to make the conclusion was a look at his record as Derby manager. Nothing special and the team to concede the most goals from dominant positions in a game. A lot of hot air blown to match his supposed intelligence and just the right amount of complementary arrogance as demonstrated with his Bielsa farce. 

Edited by abister1

2 minutes ago, abister1 said:

Just a mediocre manager which all you needed to make the conclusion was a look at his record as Derby manager. Nothing special and the team to concede the most goals from dominant positions in a game. A lot of hot air blown to match his supposed intelligence and just the right amount of complementary arrogance as demonstrated with his Bielsa farce. 

:hiding:

We still have Sarri fans on here ? JFC! 

His brand of football was so tragic it made me want to slip into a coma just so that I wouldn't be able  to watch us play anymore. And this was with the great HAZARD on the pitch. 

Frank is going have teething problems. We're just going to have to grit this season out. 

7 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Please tell me if this is good enough

A5AB809A-BA74-4D2B-AF41-CD0F6AE6E6F4.png

Awww, why not post your Simeone pic again 🙄

Lampard is still trying to find his feet as a manager. He's only in his second season, his first in the EPL. I still think that his appointment has come too soon, however he should be given time. So yes, it is good enough, as we are still 4th and still in the CL. I don't know what else you were expecting from this season. 

25 minutes ago, abister1 said:

You clown. 

26 minutes ago, abister1 said:

Lmao wtf is this