coco

Ajax v Chelsea (CL) Wed 23rd Oct 17:55 GMT

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

I just love the options we have throughout the team, the subs were superb.

Yes, there's strength in depth and real competition for places now, and that can only grow and push the team on with important players returning from injury and new players next summer.

Only saw the last 15 mins, so can't really say much about performances. Would have been happy with a draw so this is a great result and made even better with the draw in the other game.

15 minutes ago, robdog said:

btw where is that Dutch fool that said Super Frank was scared to face Ajax?

haha, robdog dude, I was just watching Frank's postmatch interview and went to matchday thread just wanting to write the same thoughts.

the joke's on you, you pretencious dutch prick. the way he got into Frank's face at the prematch conf, someone should knock him out cold.

Fantastic win. This club is building something great under Frank.

Six successive wins in all competitions😁

Edited by Jezz

44 minutes ago, mojo said:

haha, robdog dude, I was just watching Frank's postmatch interview and went to matchday thread just wanting to write the same thoughts.

the joke's on you, you pretencious dutch prick. the way he got into Frank's face at the prematch conf, someone should knock him out cold.

no violence needed - just laugh at him for being an idiot like Dan Thomas saying Chelsea had no chance in winning this match

Great result, thought the defense and midfield were excellent. Man was it a boring game though.

Ajax were rotten, falling like leafs in autumn and getting a free kick every single time. I expect more from them but they just broke the game up.

Bite them in the a** it did in the end though.

Jorginho man of the match for me. He dominated the ball and was backed up by the excellent Kovacic. Azpi was also excellent. Whole back 4 were to be fair.

CHO had a poor game, but at 18 he will have games like that. Willian offered nothing. Tammy had no supply.

Great subs. Pulisic was superb, batman doing what batman does.

Congratulations Valerie, enjoy it love. 

Btw where is the consistency? VAR against Valencia, never a pen no way it was deliberate handball, yet given. Today cleared punch of the ball, no VAR. Joke.

Defence was good in this game not just the back 4 but the defensive work from the midfield. No sloppy mistakes to speak of, maybe one bad kick from the goalie. 

cho average tonight, lots of energy but no end product and lots if mistakes. That’s ok he’s young. 

Image result for female chelsea supporter 1960s Valerie is already in at work and is at this very moment awaiting her Ajax supporting colleagues. 

Exclusive picture  ( allegedly ) of her on her way !:biggrin:

Sorry Valerie, just couldn't resist.:laugh2:

Have a very enjoyable Chelsea winning day at work. ::ChELSeAFaN::

Edited by erskblue

26 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Image result for female chelsea supporter 1960s Valerie is already in at work and is at this very moment awaiting her Ajax supporting colleagues. 

Exclusive picture  ( allegedly ) of her on her way !:biggrin:

Sorry Valerie, just couldn't resist.:laugh2:

Have a very enjoyable Chelsea winning day at work. ::ChELSeAFaN::

No lights necessary, I'm beaming up the place :bluescalf: 

Comments about VAR obviously, mutterings that a draw would have been a fair result (only the losers would say that) :laugh2:

43 minutes ago, Valerie said:

No lights necessary, I'm beaming up the place :bluescalf: 

Comments about VAR obviously, mutterings that a draw would have been a fair result (only the losers would say that) :laugh2:

Morning Valerie, glad you're enjoying your workplace this morning.

10 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Re Willian I saw a comment that after the Tadic challenge he was not the same. 

They thought the Tadic challenge was red.

Anyone recall it?

Was that the forearm in the face?

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

Was that the forearm in the face?

Might have been the comment was he looked shaken after the challenge and wasn't the same for the rest of the game.

This might have been it:

48 mins - Ajax 0 Chelsea 0

A collision between Tadic and Willian leaves both rolling around the floor and the Ajax man is given a yellow card for his part in it.

Edited by Strider6003

Absolutely ecstatic after that performance. Many of my friends support Ajax so I wouldn't have been able to remain friends with them had we lost that. They are without a doubt the most arrogant and annoying fan base around.

Naturally they all feel they were the better side and were screwed over by the ref, but I felt we were the better side on the night.

Life under Lampard is good! Exciting football with many of our own, long may it continue. UP THE CHELS!