Rate this transfer window out of 10

driller97
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

As the title says, rate this window out of 10.

Incomings: 9/10 at the moment. If we confirm Havertz and bring in a top GK to replace Kepa (Oblak or Donnarumma?) then it's a 10/10 for me.

Outgoings: Disappointed here as we still have so much deadwood, so only a 4/10 for me.

Overall, subject to change though: 7/10

Yes incomings, if we get Havertz and get a new keeper (any keeper will be an upgrade) 10/10 outgoings our most saleable players Pedro and Willian went for free and the rest are still kicking around so out goings are 3/10 at present, but like all fans only really interested in incoming players! Mind you regarding out goings, still only just got over selling Pat Nevin to Everton in 1987!!!

Very happy with the players who have come in.

Very disappointed with some of the players who are still at the club/on the books.

I would like for Christensen, Zouma and Rudiger all to be shipped out. Bakajoko needs to go as far as he can away from the club.

Hudson-Odoi could use a season loan somewhere. I'd like to keep him though, as not only is he English, but offers big selling potential in future.

Do we have any need for Abraham anymore? With Werner (who is miles ahead of Abraham) and Giroud here (who is also a lot better), he's become a distant 3rd choice for me. Sell him, or at least loan him. He's going to be worth quite a bit of money now.

So far so good. If we manage to sell those who are surplus to requirements it would be excellent.

Although I think it's too early to give any ratings, I'm very satisfied because of the fact we are again competitive in the market and we seem to attract top players after a few years of stagnation.

Really wouldnt worry about what players are still here, window doesnt shut until early october, im sure there will be loads of late deals, as teams start to recover financially. 

Incomings i think it is an 8 now, 9 with havertz, and 10 with havertz and a goalkeeper.

Really impressed how we have operated since lampard and cech have come in. I know marina has been given credit, and rightly so, but windows havent always gone so well with her negotiating before, so i think the former are having a big influence, in terms of persuading targets, and also having enough clout in the boardroom to make things happen fairly quickly.

Ben Chilwell - £50m

Timo Werner - £47.5m

Hakim Ziyech - £33.6m

Xavier Mbuyamba - £0

Malang Sarr - £0

Thiago Silva - £0

Kai Havertz - ?

Overall we have signed 4 players that will be in the starting 11 and 2 great youger prospects that will get their chance next season most likely, although if some defenders get injured I wouldn't be surprised to see Xavier getting his chance even earlier. Kai Havertz officially isn't signed but all big sources suggest that it's just a matter of which day he will come, he would be the 5th player that walks in the starting lineup in that case.

5 new players that are all good enough for the starting lineup makes this transfer window, for a total of just over 130m (200m if we count Havertz), a 10/10 by all means, even if we still do need a new keeper we have solved a lot of problems this summer already, feels like it's football manager really...

New keeper, New cb, Havertz, Rice. 

Out - Kepa, Christensen, Jorginho for decent money. 

With Pulisic and Ziyech having either recurring or recent injuries, I’d also like a back up winger. Someone direct and powerful like Adama but with decent end product. Even someone raw who we can develop as they won’t be first choice. CHO and new player can be developed. 

Just now, MayosNoun! said:

New keeper, New cb, Havertz, Rice. 

Out - Kepa, Christensen, Jorginho for decent money. 

With Pulisic and Ziyech having either recurring or recent injuries, I’d also like a back up winger. Someone direct and powerful like Adama but with decent end product. Even someone raw who we can develop as they won’t be first choice. CHO and new player can be developed. 

I meant to say - overall about 7 at present with potential to hit 10. 

On 29/08/2020 at 20:36, Droopy said:

Why would we rate it now? 7/7 flops and the best can easily be turn into the worst. Just wait and find out. 

The rating is for how you feel about it NOW.  Some people may rate it low because they didnt want Chilwell and an old Thiago Silva, but some people might have loved those signings and rated it higher for example.

No need to be a fence sitter and wait to analyze how everything turns out in a years time, you're allowed to have an opinion at this current moment

I'm glad I didn't have some of you as teachers... or as kids on Christmas

Havertz
Chillwell
Ziyech
Werner
Sarr
Mbuyamba
Silva

and that's a 7?

That's 5 new starters in one window.

Gracious

Put a traffic cone in goal and I'll give it a 9.5. Give me a competent GK and it's easily a 10.

This window exceeds my wildest dreams.

I think we all knew - or at least should’ve known - that getting rid of some of the extra players was going to be difficult this summer.

Hopefully some don’t get stuck bc they’re clearly not good enough for Chelsea. That doesn’t mean they’re not good enough for other clubs (ehhemm Drinkwater, Emerson, Baka etc.)

We can't fully know until later tbf, people highly rated the 2017 transfer window at the time. 

But so far so good imo, Werner and Ziyech look like two solid signings for good prices. Then we've got two good defenders on a free? Not fussed on the Chillwell transfer mind, but meh, we need a new LB. 

Edited by Slojo

8/10 so far. Ziyech, Werner and Silva are outstanding signings for me. Chilwell definitely a big improvement in the left back area and will improve as he matures. Need a quality GK to make it a 10/10. Could also do with selling a few fringe players to keep the squad mentality competitive and get back some of our outlay this year.

For me it is a solid 5/10 right now, because we are yet to sign a goalkeeper, and more importantly because none of the dead wood has been shipped out ... Frank is going to have a first team squad of 30+ at the rate we are going, especially with the unrealistically high prices allegedly being set for those we supposedly want to ship out ...

For me it is a solid 5/10 right now, because we are yet to sign a goalkeeper, and more importantly because none of the dead wood has been shipped out ... Frank is going to have a first team squad of 30+ at the rate we are going, especially with the unrealistically high prices allegedly being set for those we supposedly want to ship out ...
Yawn...

1 minute ago, evissy said:
1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yawn...

You tired fella ? Maybe go to bed a bit earlier !