WBA v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Sep 2020 17:30 GMT

And now it's our time to get back and win our game in the league. 

West Brom are going to play on counter attack and they have some tools in front, but their defense isn't that good. We're going to face our legendary ex Ivanovic!

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

------------- Caballero -------------

James -- Zouma -- Silva -- Chillwell

------ Kovacic --- Kante -------

CHO ----- Havertz ------- Werner

------------- Abraham ----------

I know CHO's last performance was far from being good, but if Lampard wants to win him as a player, I believe it's a good chance to give him the stage for another game.

Abraham doesn't deserve to get dropped, his link up with Havertz was incredible. Him and Werner in front could be great, Werner will join him in centre and let Chillwell enjoy on the left side with Kante giving him an assistance in defense.

Must win for us, COME ON CHELS!!!!

10 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

West Brom are going to play on counter attack and they have some tools in front, but their defense isn't that good. We're going to face our legendary ex Ivanovic!

I know CHO's last performance was far from being good, but if Lampard wants to win him as a player, I believe it's a good chance to give him the stage for another game.

Abraham doesn't deserve to get dropped, his link up with Havertz was incredible. Him and Werner in front could be great, Werner will join him in centre and let Chillwell enjoy on the left side with Kante giving him an assistance in defense.

I agree and would play this team too assuming Ziyech and Pulisic are still out.  Suspect Frank will play Mount instead of CHO though.  Thought CHO was poor tonight but would prefer Frank picked players in their natural positions.  I'd be annoyed if Mount plays on the wing or Havertz is pushed out wide.  Although Chilwell will be 1st choice, good, I have a feeling Alonso will be back for this one to give Chilwell more time to get fully fit.  Wouldn't do this myself but this is my guess with Frank's line up......

7 minutes ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

----------------Caballero--------------

James-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell

--------Kanté-------Kovacic--------

Mount------Havertz-----Werner

---------------Abraham---------------

Assuming we'll have most of the ball Mount on the wing won't be such an issue. I wonder who captains that team though...

Good lineup. I think it will be important for players to see that good performances are rewarded. Tammy played well tonight and deserves to start.

They will be stubborn without the ball. First real test for Werner against the deep block defence. Suspect we will be playing a lot of very quick back to front counter to disrupt that.

I dunno if chillwell will start. I would start him and give him at least 60 mins then possibly take him off for maybe alonso. As he probably is not completely fit yet.

Will Mendy also make his debut? If not Caballero needs to start 

the team I would go with 

Caballero 

james zouma silva Chilwell 

kante kovacic 

CHO Havertz Mount 

Werner 

subs, Mendy, alonso, tomori, azbi, Tammy , jorginho, Mount 

2 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I like this team although I'd put Werner on the right and CHO on the left. Equally I can see why you'd play Mount instead of CHO notwithstanding that Mount isn't a winger. And finally I reckon there is a case to start Barkely instead of either Kovacic or Kante. In fact I'd probably start him in front of Kante. I liked the way Kova and Barkely combined notwithstanding that Kova is not completely comfortable in the holding role. Kova has this great ability to make the forward drive that gets the team on the front foot and Barkely just looks very sharp at the moment.

------------- Mendy -------------

------ Jorginho --- Kante -------

Barkley 

Havertz             Mount

------------- Werner----------

I think Kovacic will start off the bench this game. He should. I mean he started against Liverpool, he started against Barnsley and he was the least impressive midfielder in both games. Also the rest factor should play its part.

Ross is 100% a must for this one if Frank selects his line-ups based on the performance. 

Since we are playing WBA and not Liverpool or City we can easily use Havertz and Mount behind Werner not on the wings. Let the flanks to Chilwell and Reece - they are young, energetic, offensively-minded, they could deal with it.

Get massive control over the center with huge possession = easy win. 

If we stick to the sh*tty formations and positioning like Mount on the wing with only 3 players up front or, god save us, CHO or RLC on the pitch, we will have a very hard time. 

I think Frank will go 4-2-3-1 at WBA

I think Kante and Jorginho will be the midfield two and then 

Mount Havertz CHO

and 

Werner up front.

Don't think Mendy will start or Silva or Chilwell, think he will give them another week to bed in although may appear as subs.

3 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Abraham has to play, if he gets dropped after last nights performance then that's not a good sign to the squad IMO, we know Mount will play and I would play Havertz in the number 10 role behind Abraham. Pulisic is too much of a risk to bring back quickly and I would give him some minutes in the second half.

It's a big season, we'll be playing two times a week, even three times a week a lot from now given the Corona setback. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't start against WBA, there will be plenty of games for Tammy to start. 

Just now, Slojo said:

It's a big season, we'll be playing two times a week, even three times a week a lot from now given the Corona setback. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't start against WBA, there will be plenty of games for Tammy to start. 

Tammy will be extremely disappointed if he doesn't start at the weekend, played great then gets dropped. I personally would think however good you play you wont get a chance to play in the best competitions. Playing in the EFL just means your a backup player and if you play well you are not given a chance in the better competitions. 

Willy has given Frank every reason to start him, he gave a really good display against Barnsley and Frank can point to that and say he has earned it. Also gives Mendy a bit of time to get to know the squad. A couple of others did well enough to say I earned a start from that game imo. So I would go with 

Willy

Dave

Zouma

Silva

Emerson

Kante

Barkley

CHO

Havertz

Werner

Abraham

Here's my preferred starting line-up with the 4-2-3-1.

Caballero

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Kovacic

Werner - Havertz - Mount

Abraham

If Pulisic and Ziyech are fit...

Caballero

Kante - Kovacic

Werner - Havertz - Ziyech

Abraham

Pulisic to come off the bench to replace either Ziyech or Werner when needed.

Ideally, we could also try the 4-2-2-2 again.

Caballero

Kante - Kovacic

Havertz - Ziyech

Werner - Abraham

Edited by PraetorianGuard

For crying out loud Frank please for the of God,Allah ,Uncle Bulgaria ,shedend  forum sanity DO NOT SELECT KEPA > play with Willy . I have lost full confidence with Kepa as there seems to be a Gary sprake itching to Get out of him at the moment . If i feal unsucure with Kepa between the sticks what does the back four/ three feal ? 

willy played other nite and kept a clean sheet Albeit vs Barnsley  Frank should have played Kepa in that game instead of against WBA if the case .

Manager says Mendy not ready to play !!

Fingers crossed it Big Wily in between the sticks cus we all know the alternative, imagine losing to this lot on account of a goalkeeping howler, this place will 'blow the roof off' !! 

If BW  plays I reckon it will be 2 or 3 nil to us, watching their last 2 prem games they start real strong, high press, goal threat then fade after about 15- 20 mins, its away from home but after Weds I feel we have plenty in the tank to get all 3 points.

Who does he play up front ? Good to have these kind of selection problems, and at the back I'm sure Silva & Ben will start.