WBA v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Sep 2020 17:30 GMT

I’m going to say what everyone is thinking even if they push it out of their heads because of loyalty and optimism....this job has come too early in franks career. 

He has attributes to be a great manager but he is still a bit naive and with the money spent and the talent in the squad he is going to need to get results or its not going to last.

We all want him to do well and the story is romantic but if that will translate into reality...we shall see, I hope so but the flaws are clear. 

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Wow putting the blame solely on the players no admission from him about his mistakes Alonso, Sliva no mentioned of Reece James errors 

So saying

"I have to take responsibility for this result because I selected Alonso, Silva, and James who are absolute sh*the"

wouldn't be blaming the players? 😂

1 minute ago, SFL82 said:

I’m going to say what everyone is thinking even if they push it out of their heads because of loyalty and optimism....this job has come too early in franks career. 

He has attributes to be a great manager but he is still a bit naive and with the money spent and the talent in the squad he is going to need to get results or its not going to last.

We all want him to do well and the story is romantic but if that will translate into reality...we shall see, I hope so but the flaws are clear. 

I agree...he has a lot of work to do

The definition of entitlement is “belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment“

WBA play in the prem not the Championship so are in fact a prem team 

there are no longer any poor teams in the league, we saw that last year when even Norwich beat the reigning champions

theres been no pre season to compare to a normal year hence lack of form, and there are still 2 new signings at 70 mill quid to take their places 

same points haul at this time last year we made Top 4; chill long way to go 

2 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

You might be right but realistically do people really expect us to win the league this year or something? We are in the middle of a major rebuild and so it makes sense to give Frank a bit of time in my opinion. If Roman just wants trophies then he may as well hire one of the top managers in Europe, and go with all big signings. At that point it will probably be the end for most if not all the youth players as there will be no patience for youth in the efforts to win things

12 minutes ago, paraphil said:

I would be happy not to see Alonso on the field again. His fault led to their first and he lost the scorer of the third just as the assist came in. Thanks for the years of service but I think his time with us is now spent.

Alonso is normally good with defensive headers though he had two men on him, one in front and one inside, think he got caught in two minds.

They were targeting him early so hopefully Chilwell comes in soon and defends better.

5 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

I hardly watched our equaliser, but radio is saying it was a nailed on handball ?

If you watched the bein sports post match coverage andy Gray points out to his side kick keys that VAR should have pulled that back for a handball by the chelsea player .

put it this way if this game was played other way round with cfc been 3-0 up and West brom scored a goal from the exact same way of play all and sundry on here would be screaming blue murder for goal to be ruled out 

2 minutes ago, forbzy said:

You might be right but realistically do people really expect us to win the league this year or something? We are in the middle of a major rebuild and so it makes sense to give Frank a bit of time in my opinion. If Roman just wants trophies then he may as well hire one of the top managers in Europe, and go with all big signings. At that point it will probably be the end for most if not all the youth players as there will be no patience for youth in the efforts to win things

What they want is not to concede 3 goals to westbrom in half an hour after having a year to work on defence. 

Expecting us to be peps Barcelona in a year might be unrealistic but to not concede 3 to relegation fodder I would say is a very minimal expectation 

Academy gave us a point today, but that's not enough. We're feeling so great that we didn't lose but we played against West Brom.

Two errors that killed us the game, we should have been dominant today. 

Defensive work must happen already from tomorrow, in 3 games, we concede 6 goals. Our defense is taking points from us.

Hudson Odoi and Mount have made the change for our game, Abraham's performance was awful but this goal can fix it all.

Among this doom and gloom.. i am really happy for CHO the lad deserves a break... this will give him massive confidence.. i dont think people understand his game a lot when they judge him.. he is not sancho .. but i would actually say a bit similar in style to Ziyech.. he can shoot well, has vision and a good passing range.. maybe a bit more pace than ziyech.. 

i dont think he is a player who will repeatedly beat his man in the dribble like pulisic but would use quick feet to make space and then shoot or try to assist.. untill lamps changed the formation he had their RB on toast..

The other player who really shone was Mount.. he and Havertz seem to be building a decent understanding.. I still think he has more potential in him and he will be more effective for us as the season goes by.. 

24 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Frank needs to do better selecting his team. Alonso is a liability as a LB but we’ve known that for 2+ years now (has frank figured that out yet??) I don’t know where Kante fits in this team at times. He doesn’t move the ball quick enough and is too eager to go backwards (That may be a little harsh and might just be my frustration showing). Maybe in a 4-2-3-1 next to Rice where he would have more freedom to roam and be a disruptive force? 

3-3 to West Brom is embarrassing. Onto the next... 

give it time... give it time. Not the finished product,,, woosah woosah 

7 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Too early for me, wait until the new keeper and Chilwell start.

I would like to say also wait until we have Rice though that may not happen.

Havertz looks like he is starting to settle and maybe Tammy should not be a starter, Frank has so many new faces it will take him a few matches to work out his preferred starters.

1 minute ago, ddrblue said:

If you watched the bein sports post match coverage andy Gray points out to his side kick keys that VAR should have pulled that back for a handball by the chelsea player .

put it this way if this game was played other way round with cfc been 3-0 up and West brom scored a goal from the exact same way of play all and sundry on here would be screaming blue murder for goal to be ruled out 

as far as i know VAR can pull back handball only by assist maker or by goal scorer.. so then Andy Gray needs to do a better job of his chosen profession and understand basic rules.

9 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I thought this when we appointed him and it may turn out to be true, but i think we just have to see if the teams grows significantly in the coming weeks when we can put out close to our best 11 every week.

Disappointing performance, and it is probably only the wolves game we played well in since that Sheffield United game. 

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

as far as i know VAR can pull back handball only by assist maker or by goal scorer.. so then Andy Gray needs to do a better job of his chosen profession and understand basic rules.

Gray said the 2 nd phase of play is maybe why the handball was not given , but whatever way you look at it handball is handball from where i look at it 

I agree with Kante comments. He’s a little lost these days. Often loses the ball, concedes lots of free kicks and always turns back. Great player just not doing it for me. Midfield looked much better when mount dropped into it. 
defense is an absolute nightmare. There are no words at this point. 
two points dropped. This team will struggle to get top four without better organization, discipline, concentration and professionalism.  I am not confident Frank will survive this season. 

18 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Did the cfc fight back keep Frank in a job ? and if we are going down that Road who is out there that could pull this team into top 4 playing team 

i dont think we are at a stage where we say frank is fighting for his job.. unless its a complete car crash in the next few months.. Well there are options available - Allegri, Nagelsmann, Ten Hag.. to name a few.. But i still believe frank will fix this.. i love the legend.. but today wasnt a great night for him..

- Mason was great today....amazing strike for the goal and should of had an assist to Werner.   And he should be taking corners for us. Reece's corners were atrocious and gave no chance. 

-Our defense isn't good enough. I dont think u can start Reece and Alonzo in your back 4 and expect to play well defensively.  Alonzo looks like he's in slow motion. Painful to watch. 

- Werner has to play up front....if your expecting Pulisic like dribbling in half spaces that's not him...look at his goal highlights all from transition in wide open spaces and link up play....and he was playing left wing?  He was wide maybe 1 or 2 times all game. 

-CHO was aggressive today....thats what  we need from him...he needs to take more chances and be brave! 

- I can not wait for our wingers to come back from injury!! Havertz at the No 10, Pulisic, Ziyech and werner/Abraham up front is gonna be awesome to watch!  

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

Andy Gray knows FA and I don’t mean the football association.

If an accidental hand ball has a series of passes after it of the ball travels a significant distance goal stands under new rules. 

It came off his chest onto him arm completely accidental their player actually cleared the ball so under new rules that stands as it did.

They moan when goals are disallowed moan when they are given but obviously any team conceding that won’t be pleased just as we wouldn’t 

3 hours ago, JPH said:

Thiago Alcantara played against us even he had signed Pool only couple of days earlier.

They had an established system with a clear way of playing. Each of their player understands their role.

Lamps is changing formations and lineups every time and even in games. Different circumstances.