WBA v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Sep 2020 17:30 GMT

2 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Andy Gray knows FA and I don’t mean the football association.

If an accidental hand ball has a series of passes after it of the ball travels a significant distance goal stands under new rules. 

It came off his chest onto him arm completely accidental their player actually cleared the ball so under new rules that stands as it did.

They moan when goals are disallowed moan when they are given but obviously any team conceding that won’t be pleased just as we wouldn’t 

It's still us clutching at straws whether it was or wasn't handball to claw back a draw against a championship team that have been here for two weeks. And we're discussing top 4!!!

1 minute ago, ddrblue said:

Gray said the 2 nd phase of play is maybe why the handball was not given , but whatever way you look at it handball is handball from where i look at it 

actually they changed the rules of handball for VAR.. there is no longer phases involved.. only check is on the goal scorer (Tammy) and assist maker (Mount).. In terms of the actual handball a west brom player deflects the ball on to Havertz's hand from 2 yards away.. Havertz' hand was not in an unnatural position.. so maybe 50-50 on that piece.. but the ref didnt call it.. But yes West Brom can feel hard done by on that play.. but i think 3 gifts from us were enough to make up for it tonight.

42 minutes ago, Jangz said:

I hope lamps learns from this.. i want to see a back 4 of Azpi, Zouma, AC, Reece.. untill chilwell is fit.. A midfield 3 of Kante and two no 8.. along with CHO and Werner and Tammy upfront... till Pulisic and Ziyech are fit... no more random rotation.. this has cost us 2 points this season..

I know James is the successor to Dave, but really the boy can't defend worth sh*t, yeah OK he's young and still learning.  Mediocre and safety first in every back pass or sideways pass he makes, which disrupts all the momentum when we are trying to attack and players running forward...but more importantly he needs some lessons on how to defend IMO.

18 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I know James is the successor to Dave, but really the boy can't defend worth sh*t, yeah OK he's young and still learning.  Mediocre and safety first in every back pass or sideways pass he makes, which disrupts all the momentum when we are trying to attack and players running forward...but more importantly he needs some lessons on how to defend IMO.

Thank you. Spot on comments. Woeful at times defensively with little spatial awareness.  Now let's grab our tin hats and wait for the barrage

Some of these errors we’ve seen before, but I don’t think people should underestimate how bad our pre-season was. With one friendly, players isolating, international break, it couldn’t have been any worse. Players are having to get sharp during the matches themselves, worst case scenario, especially when new players have been brought in too. It’s no wonder we are seeing some stupid mistakes

The most annoying thing is that they had three chances due to our mistakes that they took well, but we had three clear chances on goal (two by Tammy and one Werner) that we did not take. That was the main difference in the first half. We were crap defensively due to mistakes, but we created some chances that could have seen us go up in the score. We have to be more clinical.

15 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Some of these errors we’ve seen before, but I don’t think people should underestimate how bad our pre-season was. With one friendly, players isolating, international break, it couldn’t have been any worse. Players are having to get sharp during the matches themselves, worst case scenario, especially when new players have been brought in too. It’s no wonder we are seeing some stupid mistakes

And everyone else has had it easy?

6 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Let's not attempt at papering over the cracks...1st goal down to Willy, 2nd goal down to Silva...FL needs to pull his socks up or he'll be gone by Xmas...

1st goal down to Willy ? Did i miss some part of the play when mr.alonso was deeming his lasses skirt when he went in for that defensive header in Middle of the park 

17 minutes ago, General said:

the gaffer has dug out Silva & Alonso, pardoned Silva and dug out Alonso again for 2 of their goals hopefully we will only see him start in a 3 4 3 in this league again

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12082962/lampard-two-points-dropped

If Chilwell played today i reckon we would of won easily.

Werner is wasted out wide, bought him to be a striker, so play him as a striker, just feels like Frank’s trying to fit players in all over the place, not really working, but I’ll let him off for now because he’s short of 3 attacking options. Someone has to tell me where we go from here with defence though, am I impatient or is there f**k all change, seems to be getting worse if anything, Chilwell will at least ease the pressure on the left. 

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I would have all of our CB's over Christensen right now. I would even consider trying Azpilicueta there over him at this point. He must be the weakest CB I have ever seen. He has no strength, he can't head the ball, he's not that fast, he switches off and he's a player that can look fine one second and then somehow make a massive error. He's not even a decent option for us from corners because he doesn't have the strength or heading ability to be a threat on goal.

Thought he had an excellent gamr today. Thought bar getting sent off he was very good against Liverpool too.

Well, we rescued a point after an abysmal first half, so the team deserves some credit. But Alonso and James should not really be starting against Premier League opposition.

We spent a lot of money on attacking players but are still somehow lumbered with Kante and Kovacic in the middle. We really need to sort out that mess as soon as possible. 

Not sure Frank knows what his best side is, but it sure shouldn’t include Alonso, James, Kovacic and Kante in the same starting line-up. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

My biggest complaint is with us constantly playing sideways and backwards.  When I play pick up football I NEVER think about passing backwards (almost to a flaw).  How can professional footballers be so afraid to play foward?

SOMETIMES you  have to go back to go build again to go forward. But you're right - we do it way too much. At least in the second half, Mount and CHO were largely looking to go forward but all the sideways and back passing is very dull. Hopefully, the return of Pulicic, Ziyech and Chillwell will improve that no end.

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

SOMETIMES you  have to go back to go build again to go forward. But you're right - we do it way too much. At least in the second half, Mount and CHO were largely looking to go forward but all the sideways and back passing is very dull. Hopefully, the return of Pulicic, Ziyech and Chillwell will improve that no end.

I know sometimes you have to go back, hence why I put "almost to a flaw" in parentheses.  

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

And everyone else has had it easy?

No, but no side is trying to make as many changes under as much scrutiny/pressure as Chelsea. Too many people are judging them as a finished product now, even though three of the new signings haven’t started a league game yet.

The chelsea board don’t tend to be patient I get that, but it was obvious there were going to be teething problems in first few weeks.