Spurs v Chelsea (LC) Tues 29th Sep 19:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Apart from the goal we haven't had a shot on goal or any penetration despite all the possession, have we?   

Yep pretty dull from us we are still struggling against low block teams. If spurs score the match goes to penalties.

Edited by Brutos

Half Time - rope a dope from Jose I feel.   When we do lose the ball in the middle of the park, I am scared sh*tless, as generally we only have the central defenders back as the LWB /RWB are stranded up field...as good as we are playing we are not going anywhere beyond the 18Yd box. 

Well, it was a very careful first half. Both teams didn't want to concede, we found the goal very well. 

But still our football is missing something, our possession is good by numbers but we are not creating enough from it.

Hudson Odoi is having a good game so far, he's working hard. Werner took his goal very well but his passing ability today is bad. Giroud has been anonymous. 

The game is not over yet, 1-0 is a risky score. We have to look for 2 or 3 and keep them away from our goal. If we aim to be one of the most dominant teams in the Europe we have to aim for this goals.

1 minute ago, cRyptic said:

Our left flank has been a weak point tonight so far, Chilwell totally anonymous and Werner misplacing passes.

I think Chilwell has been exceptional whenever he's had the ball actually. Werner on the other hand has been dreadful on the ball, I think he's misplaced every single pass he's had and his first touch... Jesus... If it wasn't for the goal I would be asking him to get subbed at HT. 

We have had a lot of possession, but I don't think we were all that great in that half. The defence looks erratic and scared any time Tottenham get forward, I don't think our midfield is protecting the defence well and I don't think our foward line is working well either. Zouma and Tomori need to calm down when they defend, they are panicking and rushing their clearances that just end up being hit high in the air but not out of the danger areas. Werner's touch and passing hasn't been great on the left, he would be much better playing in the middle off Giroud. Hudson-Odoi just can't beat his man on the right like he can on the left. Hudson-Odoi is only effective on this side when he receives the ball high up the pitch so he can get a cross away.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think Chilwell has been exceptional whenever he's had the ball actually. Werner on the other hand has been dreadful on the ball, I think he's misplaced every single pass he's had and his first touch... Jesus... If it wasn't for the goal I would be asking him to get subbed at HT. 

Maybe I missed it, but I honestly can't seem to recall anything notable that he's done this half.

Edited by dR3

4 minutes ago, chelseablueboy said:

Possession,  possession...

Not enough end product, far too many backwards passes.

Let's not forget this really is a spuds reserve team !

They are parking the bus here with more than capable players. This is how it looks. Look at how many players are covering CHO alone. We just need quality to finish this off. They will open up next half and give us trouble... Have you not seen Jose manage a side. This is his bread and butter. 

Just now, cRyptic said:

Maybe I missed it, but I honestly can't seem to recall anything notable that he's done this half.

I don't think he's misplaced a pass, his pass to Werner just before HT was quality. I think he looks good but yeah we need more attack coming from there.