Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

I enjoy watching the few still trying to discredit Tuchel.

That performance yesterday was up there with some of the best, you can only beat what’s put in front of you and Tuchel has done that.

I remember before these run of games some saying this is test he will get found out Blah Blah Blah Blah Beal 😂😂

Brutus: It's hardly football to write home about and I'd suggest not getting to carried away just yet.

Since Tuchel took charge in league games - Chelsea have scored (9)

four more goals than West Brom (5)

three more than Fulham (6) and Sheffield United (6)

Defensively we appear to have improved. 13 clean sheets this season, 7 under FL 6 under TT.

The insistence to play Werner could yet cost the club a "arsenal celebration" spot. 

Current club league top scorer Tammy Abraham...... 6 goals 2 assists 8 goal involvements from 1000 minutes: Werner 5 goals 8 assists 13 goal involvements from 2000 minutes. Giroud 4 goals

Thank Frank for Mount he's our top scorer under TT 3 in the league. Jorginho is second top scorer with 2 penalties. 

The standard of football has been dire across the league for the last month or more.

Last night definitely wasn't the best ive seen Chelsea play but I'll take the points. 

Edited by cfcwomble

14 hours ago, Slojo said:

Yeah one thing for sure, I don't think Mount would've been at this level if it wasn't for Frank. 

He was good for Derby, but he never looked Chelsea material just yet, still had ways to go. People on here were surprised at first with how often he was playing to start with. We expected the likes of Abraham, CHO and Reece to play. 

He probably wouldn't have been at this level under Frank. But ... changing coaches, adapting to different tactics, learning new things, makes you a more mature player. I said earlier that I don't think Frank played him in the right position, but even so, I don't know how many coaches would have given Mount so many matches. Now we  probably have the future captain of the team in the years to come. We have seen other players who have shown us that they can do very well as long as they are not too exposed . We rediscovered players like Kovacic, Jorginho, Rudiger, Alonso or Christensen. But let's not go into a Frank vs Tuchel discussion again. Things look good, we look with confidence and smile at the next games, we have great chances in 4th place and to further qualify in UCL.

The team looks good, has confidence, has results. Let's hope we finish the season well because I am very confident that we will look much better after the summer training.

8 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

Brutus: It's hardly football to write home about and I'd suggest not getting to carried away just yet.

Defensively we appear to have improved. 13 clean sheets this season, 7 under FL 6 under TT.

The insistence to play Werner could yet cost the club a "arsenal celebration" spot. 

Current club league top scorer Tammy Abraham...... 6 goals 2 assists 8 goal involvements from 1000 minutes: Werner 5 goals 8 assists 13 goal involvements from 2000 minutes. Giroud 4 goals

Thank Frank for Mount he's our top scorer under TT 3 in the league. Jorginho is second top scorer with 2 penalties. 

The standard of football has been dire across the league for the last month or more.

Last night definitely wasn't the best ive seen Chelsea play but I'll take the points. 

Christ! What does it take to impress you? We need to win each game 4-0 otherwise 'you don't see any improvement'? 

What an overly negative summary of Tuchels progress. It's sad to see people like you actually want him (which means ultimately the club) to fail. 

Can you not clearly see the progress the club is gradually making? Can't tell if your comments are a parody or sarcastic. 

Only been here a short time but he’s made such a big impact on the team tactically given us an identity and style of play getting the best out of the players we have and is an interesting character in press conferences and in general,  I’d love to see him finally be the one to build here long term if possible but doubtful with our board and his previous fallouts elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Itsintheblood89 said:

Christ! What does it take to impress you? We need to win each game 4-0 otherwise 'you don't see any improvement'? 

What an overly negative summary of Tuchels progress. It's sad to see people like you actually want him (which means ultimately the club) to fail. 

Can you not clearly see the progress the club is gradually making? Can't tell if your comments are a parody or sarcastic. 

There has been very little progress in the goal scoring department, which blighted conte, sarri, Lampard and now Tuchel. The club brought in Werner who simply doesn't have a finish. In fact, im not sure Ive seen a worse finisher at the bridge. The Ghost of Robert Flack is haunting him already. I dont care about the managers they dont last more than 18 months, the club has failed to win anything since Sarri. So what progress are you talking about? Lampard and sarri both got the club to the "Arsenal celebration" spot. Cheer away because if this is the football being served up under tuchel, Im going to keep my money in my back pocket and spend it on something else, like a holiday than go to the bridge. 

Goals win games, goals make football entertaining goals make people cheer, clean sheets do not. I want entertaining football. The other night was not entertaining. 

12 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

Are you from Yorkshire? A lot of selective stats there. For sure it’s better to be scoring 2 goals a game than 1  and we can than Frank for lots of things including mount. Personally I think mount is playing better under tt as are most if not all players other than Tammy and maybe Zouma. In my mind that’s because they have bought into the system and the system works and the results are on the board. Some of the one touch passing moves against Liverpool were just good.  I suspect that in time the goals will come. Statistically managers don’t make much difference to teams, or at least nowhere near as good a predictor of results as a club wages bill. However in this case I think that there are lots of average managers and a few good ones. I am hoping tt can be one of those. I am a fan of Tammy but I don’t think he should start in front of Werner. Werners work rate and his pace put him well in front in my view. Tammy is better in the box for sure. Tammy is competing with Ziyech i reckon but maybe you see it differently. 

4 minutes ago, ozboy said:

It’s not just goals that make football entertaining. Is basketball more entertaining than football? As for worse finishers I don’t think you must watch much. You probably preferred morata or kalou or flo or higuain. 

Im not sure whats selective about the football stats goals scored v goals conceded. Basketball isnt football so isnt a comparison.

Tammy is by far a more effective striker. Statistics show that... if you think Werner is better, that's an emotional response and entirely up to you. We're shocking In front of goal regardless of who Is upfront or in the dug out, have been for years. TT hasn't changed anything yet, just got the squad functioning as it was under previous managers... good enough for the "arsenal celebration" spot looking up our noses at the teams 30 points away. Thin is he wont be given his own signings or be able to close the gap on city who can spend 200 million a season on fullbacks, defenders and Fifa bribes. 

Guest Sindre
11 minutes ago, cfcwomble said:

Tammy is by far a more effective striker. Statistics show that..

Batshuayi was our best striker in terms of goals/mins at some point too. And he was and is a brutally poor striker.

Doesn't mean anything.

On 05/03/2021 at 12:41, Slojo said:

It's nerve wrecking and you brick it, especially when Mendy is on the ball, he's almost had a few slip ups as it is. But it really is an effective tactic, and I don't think we as fans give the players enough credit for it. Sometimes in the matchday thread I see complaints about how poor we are playing it from the back and I just don't understand, if you think this is poor, go watch another team try it, they can't do it as well as we do, not even Arsenal, only City are better. 

I still remember how annoyed Bruno Fernandes was against us the game before, he was constantly chasing shadows and he eventually got fed up and stopped running around the 70th minute. 

As evident by the goal Burnley just scored. Comical 😆

11 hours ago, ozboy said:

It’s not just goals that make football entertaining. Is basketball more entertaining than football? As for worse finishers I don’t think you must watch much. You probably preferred morata or kalou or flo or higuain. 

Don't ever mention Flo alongside those others, bloke was/is a hero to those that grew up in the 90s!

12 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

There has been very little progress in the goal scoring department, which blighted conte, sarri, Lampard and now Tuchel. The club brought in Werner who simply doesn't have a finish. In fact, im not sure Ive seen a worse finisher at the bridge. The Ghost of Robert Flack is haunting him already. I dont care about the managers they dont last more than 18 months, the club has failed to win anything since Sarri. So what progress are you talking about? Lampard and sarri both got the club to the "Arsenal celebration" spot. Cheer away because if this is the football being served up under tuchel, Im going to keep my money in my back pocket and spend it on something else, like a holiday than go to the bridge. 

Goals win games, goals make football entertaining goals make people cheer, clean sheets do not. I want entertaining football. The other night was not entertaining. 

What progress am I talking about? Well he's made about as much progress as one can make in 6 weeks. He can't win a trophy until the season ends at the earliest you doughnut! 

17 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

There has been very little progress in the goal scoring department, which blighted conte, sarri, Lampard and now Tuchel. 

You could have Haaland or Lewandowski here and the scoring record would be the same. I'm very impressed with what Tuchel has done in an attacking sense given the time frame. If you can't be entertained by a great 0-0 or 0-1, then football may not be for you.

TT - 'In the moment it is a lack of precision, not a lack of opportunities or lack of touches in the box. It is a lack of quality in decision-making'

I remember screaming at my TV when these two chances amounted to nothing (both delayed passes down the flank), as they have countless times this season. Swap Hazard on the ball and these are both 1v1 vs the keeper for Timo.

c1.png

c2.png

21 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

I dont care about the managers they dont last more than 18 months, the club has failed to win anything since Sarr

Yes that's eons ago isn't it and we would have won the FA Cup if it wasn't for the most incompetent refereeing performance of all time.

On 05/03/2021 at 23:49, cfcwomble said:

Wow you're so angry... Haven't read so much contempt against the status quo of the club in a long time:

- Forget about being second in the Premier League form table since Tuchel joined, we've actually been performing slightly above relegation level. In a dire league

- defensively we "appear" to have improved - but wait, no, actually, Frank had even more clean sheets than Tuchel! So that's debunked as well

- And yesterday's win Frank certainly deserves most of the credit for, Mason scored after all

I know it's pointless but here we go.

Football is a bit more complicated than comparing goals per game ratios. Get this: under Frank we had to outscore our opponents to win games, under Tuchel we don't. We've met every every opponent on at least eye level and look to be way more in control. We've probably spent more than 50% of our minutes under Tuchel being one goal up and haven't lost a single point from there.

Don't get me wrong, our attack needs to improve, because eventually not scoring the second goal will cost us. But ultimately numbers don't tell you the full story. 10 weeks ago we beat West Ham 3-0 at Stamford Bridge. Anyone who watched that game knows it wasn't half as comfortable as our 1-0 at Anfield this week

23 hours ago, Sindre said:

Batshuayi was our best striker in terms of goals/mins at some point too. And he was and is a brutally poor striker.

Doesn't mean anything.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Don't think she played for Chelsea 😆

Image result for roberta flack young

would have played better than fleck.... 

1 hour ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

Wow you're so angry... Haven't read so much contempt against the status quo of the club in a long time:

No, Im just bored having the same conversations when the players decide to have a slump. Club changes manager, little changes same problems remain we struggle to score goals and then players have a slump. Club changes manager, little changes same problems remain and we struggle to score goals... hit repeat. 

Football is about enjoyment Glad you enjoy the entertainment outline above. 

25 minutes ago, cfcwomble said:

would have played better than fleck.... 

No, Im just bored having the same conversations when the players decide to have a slump. Club changes manager, little changes same problems remain we struggle to score goals and then players have a slump. Club changes manager, little changes same problems remain and we struggle to score goals... hit repeat. 

Football is about enjoyment Glad you enjoy the entertainment outline above. 

This makes me smile. Stay bored  Life is short and you might as well spend it being bored. Personally and I say this seriously. I way, way prefer the team reforming and doing well under Tuchel moving up the table and looking like a proper outfit. Will it go on for ever. Not bloody likely but that’s sport. I am getting old and I don’t have time to be bored. Every minute is precious and watching Chelsea playing like a close to top of the table team is not boring to me. I am starting to really look forward to the next game for the first time in a while. 

10 hours ago, venom2011 said:

You could have Haaland or Lewandowski here and the scoring record would be the same. I'm very impressed with what Tuchel has done in an attacking sense given the time frame. If you can't be entertained by a great 0-0 or 0-1, then football may not be for you.

TT - 'In the moment it is a lack of precision, not a lack of opportunities or lack of touches in the box. It is a lack of quality in decision-making'

I remember screaming at my TV when these two chances amounted to nothing (both delayed passes down the flank), as they have countless times this season. Swap Hazard on the ball and these are both 1v1 vs the keeper for Timo.

c1.png

c2.png

This!! It's funny how we only pass forward to break the lines when we play a high press but are reluctant against a low block when we catch them in transition and there's finally space in behind. Occasionally we do but no where near as often as is needed to create enough 1v1s centrally.

Even then some of our opportunities last game were not taken but, I'm hoping after the Liverpool game the team understands that playing the ball earlier and using our pace will be a great weapon going forward.

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

This!! It's funny how we only pass forward to break the lines when we play a high press but are reluctant against a low block when we catch them in transition and there's finally space in behind. Occasionally we do but no where near as often as is needed to create enough 1v1s centrally.

Even then some of our opportunities last game were not taken but, I'm hoping after the Liverpool game the team understands that playing the ball earlier and using our pace will be a great weapon going forward.

To be fair though, if we had Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz all fit, firing, and adjusted - that would solve a lot. Havertz, in particular, has the skillset to really hurt teams in these situations. Onwards and upwards! 

Its true and that's why I would prefer we play Werner though the middle more often. It allows us to play another creative player next to Mount to maximise opportunities in attack.

2 hours ago, venom2011 said:

To be fair though, if we had Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz all fit, firing, and adjusted - that would solve a lot. Havertz, in particular, has the skillset to really hurt teams in these situations. Onwards and upwards!