Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

I remember looking at this run of fixtures, and thinking this could be pretty much the end of our season, but Tuchel has navigated it really well, with the only real dropped points at Soton.

Nice run of games now to cement top 4, before we again have a very tough run in, City, Arsenal, Leicester, Villa. 

So far so good.

On 05/03/2021 at 22:49, cfcwomble said:

Brutus: It's hardly football to write home about and I'd suggest not getting to carried away just yet.

Since Tuchel took charge in league games - Chelsea have scored (9)

four more goals than West Brom (5)

three more than Fulham (6) and Sheffield United (6)

Defensively we appear to have improved. 13 clean sheets this season, 7 under FL 6 under TT.

The insistence to play Werner could yet cost the club a "arsenal celebration" spot. 

Current club league top scorer Tammy Abraham...... 6 goals 2 assists 8 goal involvements from 1000 minutes: Werner 5 goals 8 assists 13 goal involvements from 2000 minutes. Giroud 4 goals

Thank Frank for Mount he's our top scorer under TT 3 in the league. Jorginho is second top scorer with 2 penalties. 

The standard of football has been dire across the league for the last month or more.

Last night definitely wasn't the best ive seen Chelsea play but I'll take the points. 

How you feeling now @cockwomble? Sorry I mean @cfcwomble

Brilliant display tonight! The front three looked so fluid. Kovacic and Jorginho were impressive again, and kante had a great cameo. The defence, especially Christensen, looked very secure. We beat a side in great form by scoring 2 with a clean sheet and if Werner topped it off by scoring the chances he should have buried it would have been perfect. 

The King is 💀.  

ELEVEN unbeaten matches later....

LONG LIVE THE KING !  🍻

seriously was miffed 11 games ago but I’m contrite and value the owners at hand judgement (in other words thank god it wasn’t another Avram or AVB).

He’s a PR dream, obviously top notch man management and tactician I can’t see much stopping Tickles managerial acumen with RA’s financial backing 

So impressed.  Haven't seen a manager this tactically astute at Chelsea for some time.  Beyond that, the players are working much hard.  We sprint a lot more during games - you can see it.

Best part is his rotation - thought Mount was first name on the team sheet and yet we breezed through today.  Other managers were lamented for the rotation.  The reason it works for Tuchel is he has a system, and not a collection of individuals.  Players know their role and they are expected to execute, or they spend some time on the sideline (or not at all, Tammy).

Bigger tests to come.  Teams fighting to relegation and one manager will find a way to nullify this system.  What does Tuchel have up his sleeve then!  Nicely done, we couldn't have asked for much more.  

Edited by PhilH930

When Lampard got sacked, I said at the time that he laid strong foundations that would allow his successor to take the squad to the next level. We're seeing the benefits of that now with Tuchel.

The way we've set up defensively is the best I've seen since Mourinho's first stint, with only 2 goals conceded in his first 11 matches.

Strong defences will win you silverware, and we seem to have that in spades at the moment so it bodes well for the future.

8 hours ago, Nibs said:

And what has improved 100% is the game management. Helps when the defence is solid and you're keeping clean sheets but we are seeing games out relatively comfortably.

That’s a good point Nibs. I like the way he is using the squad keeps the team fresh at the pointy end of the season and provides variations within the broad theme.  I like that the players mostly seem onboard. The academy grads that Lampard gave opportunity to, Tuchel is building on. There is hardly an individual looking worse. 

Guest Sindre
6 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

So impressed.  Haven't seen a manager this tactically astute at Chelsea for some time.  Beyond that, the players are working much hard.  We sprint a lot more during games - you can see it.

Best part is his rotation - thought Mount was first name on the team sheet and yet we breezed through today.  Other managers were lamented for the rotation.  The reason it works for Tuchel is he has a system, and not a collection of individuals.  Players know their role and they are expected to execute, or they spend some time on the sideline (or not at all, Tammy).

Agreed.

He's somehow managed to get everyone to buy into his ideas and to bust a gut every time they step onto the pitch. That was not the case when he first arrived or even for his first couple of games but he's showed that he's a strong leader and able to rally the troops.

Showing belief in his entire squad with his rotation and everyone getting a chance to prove themselves. Can only be a great sign for next season if you ask me. 

I'm super happy as it is and since the 343 proves to be quite versatile already all the while very successful (and always improving as is expected the more the team and TT/staff get to know each other) I don't think they're going to fix what ain't broken without having sufficent time to train it.

That said, I fully expect TT to try to diversify their playbook significantly come next season. It's a pity, imho, that we got the Euro coming summer time since the congested timetable will continue even once this season is over but still. He thinks multiple steps ahead and I guess once it seems clubs found a better way to deal with the current tactics - not an easy feat I'd say since were playing quite versatile already with an amazing squad depth with a lot of good options - he'll switch up. Sure think that the general approach of a rather meticulous playstyle with a solid defensive system will stay either way and we won't see any reckless approaches kamikaze style.

6 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Bigger tests to come.  Teams fighting to relegation and one manager will find a way to nullify this system.  What does Tuchel have up his sleeve then!  Nicely done, we couldn't have asked for much more.  

IMO Tuchel has rotated constantly for two reasons; fixture congestion and the need to learn about the players and what they can do. I'd bet he never, even in his wildest dreams, thought it would turn out as well as it has so far.

It is working atm but I can't think of any manager, anywhere, who has been successful long term with a heavy rotation policy. It will only take a couple of games where we drop points for that rotation to be viewed in a completely different light than it is now.

Tuchel picked Zouma, only difference is he's not playing in the middle of the 3, and Zouma did a good nullifying DCL, and made good passes. It's the small details that matters, and obviously this manager is all about details. He's rotating the squad well, and credit to him and the players,  everyone stepped up when called upon.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

He did look animated many times though didn't have a clue what he was saying yet good to see, if he has a plan he wants it be to executed correctly.

Yea, was talking to Havertz intensely too (..go into the "pockets" etc.) but not as rude as he was with Timo, who does have a hard time despite working his a$$ off, lol.

Half the game you'd here "Reece" too. Almost every minute at least once in the first half. I love hearing the players communicate between themselves, managers with everybody etc. - I'll admit really missing that once the "normal" status is finally back.

It's a good feeling now yet Everton had chances the Richarlison mis-kick and the melee in the box following a set piece when it could have gone anywhere.

I'm sure we will drop points somewhere though at least we are playing well and look like a team. 

I enjoyed the first goal as Alonso lifted Havertz into the air as though they had been practicing that for several hours and it had just come off. 

Looked great though on reflection perhaps just behind Kai as it lands on his toes with pace and arguably can't control it which is why it was an own goal.

On 05/03/2021 at 22:49, cfcwomble said:

Brutus: It's hardly football to write home about and I'd suggest not getting to carried away just yet.

Since Tuchel took charge in league games - Chelsea have scored (9)

four more goals than West Brom (5)

three more than Fulham (6) and Sheffield United (6)

Defensively we appear to have improved. 13 clean sheets this season, 7 under FL 6 under TT.

The insistence to play Werner could yet cost the club a "arsenal celebration" spot. 

Current club league top scorer Tammy Abraham...... 6 goals 2 assists 8 goal involvements from 1000 minutes: Werner 5 goals 8 assists 13 goal involvements from 2000 minutes. Giroud 4 goals

Thank Frank for Mount he's our top scorer under TT 3 in the league. Jorginho is second top scorer with 2 penalties. 

The standard of football has been dire across the league for the last month or more.

Last night definitely wasn't the best ive seen Chelsea play but I'll take the points. 

I find it very very strange indeed that someone so obviously not a Chelsea supporter would go to the trouble of signing up to a Chelsea forum and pretend to be one of us by posting barely concealed antagonistic rubbish that would appear to be straight out of the Spuds or Pikies book of childish insults.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you didn't sign up to forums for teenage girls with a username like Babybunny or Mandy34B and pretend that you are one of them as well.

I see you, strange man.  (or boy.  I see you haven't posted as much rubbish since the schools went back)

30 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I find it very very strange indeed that someone so obviously not a Chelsea supporter would go to the trouble of signing up to a Chelsea forum and pretend to be one of us by posting barely concealed antagonistic rubbish that would appear to be straight out of the Spuds or Pikies book of childish insults.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you didn't sign up to forums for teenage girls with a username like Babybunny or Mandy34B and pretend that you are one of them as well.

I see you, strange man.  (or boy.  I see you haven't posted as much rubbish since the schools went back)

Thanks for calling him out Yorkley. As soon as I saw the post I had to laugh. It's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read in this forum but it did give me a laugh! 

10 hours ago, Jezz said:

When Lampard got sacked, I said at the time that he laid strong foundations that would allow his successor to take the squad to the next level. We're seeing the benefits of that now with Tuchel.

The way we've set up defensively is the best I've seen since Mourinho's first stint, with only 2 goals conceded in his first 11 matches.

Strong defences will win you silverware, and we seem to have that in spades at the moment so it bodes well for the future.

I said the same thing, our squad got upgraded and the cornerstone for the future are the players that Lampard pushed further forward - James, Mount, CHO etc and the new signings of this season.

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Cool. first game I saw at Chelsea was in 1992... So on the basis of disagreeing with my posts, I go after teenage girls, and suck dick, thats more a reflection of your own thinking chaps than mine. Just saying... 

Edited by cfcwomble