2 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

I'll just leave this here..

According to Spotrac our top four wages are:

1.Lukaku £325k.

2. Kante £290k
3. Werner £272k
4. Saul £198k

No idea if it's accurate but wow.

Looks like we signed him up on the back of a couple seasons back, not current form. I think most fans thought he'd be a great addition, but so far he's been poor. 

2 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

1.Lukaku £325k.

2. Kante £290k
3. Werner £272k
4. Saul £198k

Lol no wonder Rudiger and AC want bigger deals. Just need to point how useless Saul and Werner are.

41 minutes ago, enigma said:

Looks like we signed him up on the back of a couple seasons back, not current form. I think most fans thought he'd be a great addition, but so far he's been poor. 

The fact he was willing to come here knowing he'd have a battle on to even be first sub (not to mention Simeone letting him leave on loan) was telling, I didn't expect him to be this bad but it was pretty obvious we weren't getting anything close to his best version.

This is where having three completely established top class players in the middle works against us, no one of any note is coming here until one of those three leave/decline.

Edited by Argo

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

The fact he was willing to come here knowing he'd have a battle on to even be first sub (not to mention Simeone letting him leave on loan) was telling, I didn't expect him to be this bad but it was pretty obvious we weren't getting anything close to his best version.

This is where having three completely established top class players in the middle works against us, no one of any note is coming here until one of those three leave/decline.

Would you want to bring anyone when we have two players full of potential in Gilmour and Gallagher? Also, I'm not sure why these players are getting injured time and again, but it could it be a sign of decline?

Just now, RMH said:

Would you want to bring anyone when we have two players full of potential in Gilmour and Gallagher? Also, I'm not sure why these players are getting injured time and again, but it could it be a sign of decline?

That's probably what Saul was brought in for, some filler until one of those two came back but he hasn't been good enough to even furfill that role.

It's really odd how we've suddenly become riddled with injuries the last few years given we had a close to flawless records between the AVB and Sarri eras. Although has to be said if there was ever a "good" time to start having such problems it's now our squad is beefed up, could you even imagine what our line-up would have looked like if it happened anytime in that said era above?

Slightly less of liability at wing back, but still woeful. I know there is some complaints about Lukaku today, but the balls into the box were f**king terrible, Hudson Odoi not much better tonight either. 

Anyway send Saul back January 1st, pay the money for Tchouameni or Rice or there is no title this season, and thats not down to having bad players, its down to Kante's fitness. He has started less than half of matches available under Tuchel. We are a different team without him, and we are not recognizable with 2 or Kante, Jorginho, and Kovacic is missing.

Saul was done nothing to fill the void we all knew was there over the summer. In hindsight it wasnt great from whoever didnt get the tight player in.

It's a bit like when we signed Falcao on loan. 

He hadn't played well for a couple of years and his injury record was terrible but we went ahead and signed him anyway, presumably in the hope he would recapture his old form. 

It was widely reported that Saul's quality had massively dipped in the last two seasons but we took him on anyway, letting the sublimely talented Billy Gilmour leave on loan in the process. 

We've ended up with the inferior playing presumably paying a substantial amount in wages each week for him to be contributing less than what I would expect from a young lad plucked from the accademy. 

On 08/12/2021 at 11:00, Luca Vialli said:

1.Lukaku £325k.

2. Kante £290k
3. Werner £272k
4. Saul £198k

If this data is true, then you can certainly see why Rudiger, Christensen are standing their ground.

We are allegedly paying Saul £1M a year MORE than Rudi and Andreas COMBINED !!!

Full table here: https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/ 

So many of the contracts that the club have "negotiated" here are absolutely ridiculous money ... no wonder the players have all the power these days ... 

15 hours ago, big blue said:

Slightly less of liability at wing back, but still woeful. I know there is some complaints about Lukaku today, but the balls into the box were f**king terrible, Hudson Odoi not much better tonight either. 

Anyway send Saul back January 1st, pay the money for Tchouameni or Rice or there is no title this season, and thats not down to having bad players, its down to Kante's fitness. He has started less than half of matches available under Tuchel. We are a different team without him, and we are not recognizable with 2 or Kante, Jorginho, and Kovacic is missing.

Saul was done nothing to fill the void we all knew was there over the summer. In hindsight it wasnt great from whoever didnt get the tight player in.

No chance of getting someone like Rice in January. If there is a possibility to bring back Gilmour it's a no brainer.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

The only thing I can remember about him was that my mum fancied him 😆

The best bit of that signing is it turned out we didnt even actually sign him 😂

On 08/12/2021 at 11:00, Luca Vialli said:

1.Lukaku £325k.

2. Kante £290k
3. Werner £272k
4. Saul £198k

This is irrelevant. He’s on loan, we have to pay him his Atletico wage or an agreed % of it with them covering the rest. His salary is under their wage structure, not ours.