Jules Kounde

Guest Sindre
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Barcelona have been working all night and have reached an AGREEMENT in principle with Sevilla for Jules Koundé.

The deal is 99% done, unless there is a huge change in the next few hours, he will be a Barça player.

(Source: @gerardromero)

Tweeted 1 hour ago. 

5 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

Not a good look for our board this. Sounds like we’re doing things by the book but just being used and taken advantage of by other clubs and agents.

Don’t think this is the case here, he will be earning half of what he will earn here at Barca. Seems Tuchel & Boehly are struggling to sell the budget to their targets.

You just know they will throw stupid money at Kimpembe & Pavard now.. ffs 🤦 

Edited by ducavis

11 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

with every signing Barcelona are making they are just digging their own grave deeper and deeper

so they might laugh now but we will laugh later

I hate to break someone's coping strategy, but you're arguing from hope rather than truth.

Spurs are in worse financial peril than Barcelona. They have the equivalent debt but with a fraction of the revenue and nowhere near as many saleable assets. Had they not made CL last year, it might have been curtains.

Just now, SydneyChelsea said:

I hate to break someone's coping strategy, but you're arguing from hope rather than truth.

Spurs are in worse financial peril than Barcelona. They have the equivalent debt but with a fraction of the revenue and nowhere near as many saleable assets. Had they not made CL last year, it might have been curtains.

Spurs have build a billion+ new stadium

barcelona haven't 

but you might be right about the coping, either way i don't think they are even that close to competing anyhow, even if you take away the financial side of things

The most amusing part of this thread is watching people get worked up over the 2020s version of a gossip columnist for grown men.

I certainly wouldn't blame Kounde for not joining Chelsea. Given our new sporting director appears to enjoy leaking every last bowel movement to the social media, I'm sure Kounde is well aware he was our 4th or 5th choice signing and i'm sure that makes him really want to come here.

1 minute ago, azpi28 said:

Spurs have build a billion+ new stadium

barcelona haven't 

but you might be right about the coping, either way i don't think they are even that close to competing anyhow, even if you take away the financial side of things

A new stadium that had massive cost blowouts and they aren't even close to leveraging the income from - it's not even close to worth what they paid for!

Barcelona's media rights alone are worth more than Spurs as a club, stadium and all. They are mortgaging their future in the same way as every other top club - borrowing money to finance transfers that will increase their on-field success and profile. None of the top clubs in the world rely on transfer 'net spend' the way we often did, hence why moves were made to rule against Granovskaia's "loan army' policy.

I agree that they've probably spent poorly, and having an inexperienced coach like Xavi heading a sub-standard team is their biggest issue. Winning the Champions League might be more realistic a target than beating Real or Atletico out over the course of a season.