Reasons for optimism

axman2526
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Boy this place is becoming a place filled with such negativity. Anyone remember Neil "Spy" Barrent in the early days of Chelsea TV and his "Reasons for Optimism"?

Well that is the idea for this thread. Having seen poor old Coco attacked for his support I thought this could be a safe space away from all the other threads the soldiers of negativity have taken over and shoot down anyone trying to offer positive support.

So here are some reasons I can put forward.

1. I may not be their biggest fans, but our owners have a clear idea what they want and are not afraid to spend to achieve that. The ruthless pursuit of Enzo being a key example.

2. We were under threat last year of going out of business. Fans could not buy tickets, the club shop was closed, we were hemeraging money. Now we are secure again. Todd and Co made mistakes to be sure but the fire sale of Chelsea FC left them little time to get things going by the first window, now they have football people to help them.

3. We are getting in some very talented young players to develop and build upon, and already have a top academy.

4. Both our front men owners, Todd and the Eggman, have spoke about the importance of success on the pitch. So they will give Potter time, however if he ends up being the wrong man for the job, as many have said on here, they will act, I am sure of that.

5. Our women's side remain a joy to watch and are receiving further support from the owners.

So those are the top 5 that come to mind for me, for those wanting to keep it upbeat please fell free to add yours. 🙂

Carefree, KTBFFH.

Edited by axman2526

Hey @axman2526. Hard to think of a thread that will beat this one for low engagement than this one... obvs would be great if that were to change!  It also amuses me that you of all people are the most optimistic person on here.

Not sure I can add much for now, except to say - of our last three games, if you eliminate the most recent one, things were looking a fair bit better. Southampton is really being treated as though it’s the whole picture, but maybe it isn’t.
It was also a notorious PL game after a CL midweek match, which are often poor even in the best times.

more generally - I don’t like being a pessimist when it feels too easy, as it does now. I find often this level of doom and gloom can mark turning points. Some nasty “fans” have emerged in all this too and are getting cocky. How long do so many aholes get to be right? 

11 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

1. We have Enzo Fernandez. 

/Thread. 

Yeah I figured people would not take the spirit the thread is made in. Cause here come the negatives with their agendas.

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

Hey @axman2526. Hard to think of a thread that will beat this one for low engagement than this one... obvs would be great if that were to change!  It also amuses me that you of all people are the most optimistic person on here.

Not sure I can add much for now, except to say - of our last three games, if you eliminate the most recent one, things were looking a fair bit better. Southampton is really being treated as though it’s the whole picture, but maybe it isn’t.
It was also a notorious PL game after a CL midweek match, which are often poor even in the best times.

more generally - I don’t like being a pessimist when it feels too easy, as it does now. I find often this level of doom and gloom can mark turning points. Some nasty “fans” have emerged in all this too and are getting cocky. How long do so many aholes get to be right? 

That you Dean, that is more the spirit I was going for. I don't expect much engagement other than more negatives, as most of my comments and threads tend to draw little interest anyway lol.

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

Edited by axman2526

Our defence looks good with Silva and Badiashile.

Havertz and Sterling looked like JFH and Eidur during the second half against Soton

Gallagher winning that ball in the opposition half late on suggests there is fight in the squad. 

Enzo with a fit Kova or Zakaria should start pulling strings in midfield soonish once they get used to each other. 

32 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Regardless of the current helmsman the project does look, exciting.  At least pretty much all of the pieces are here they just need putting together.

True, manager aside the January signings look great so far. We really should have poached Vivell in the summer.

5 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

True, manager aside the January signings look great so far. We really should have poached Vivell in the summer.

We tried, RB would notmlet him go until they did.

9 minutes ago, RMH said:

Blimey axman, you’re very brave to open a thread like this in this place at this moment in time!

mel gibson braveheart GIF

Everyone and his dog (Spot) knows that we are doomed 

End Of The World Oops GIF by The Gregory Brothers

Thanks mate. I saw the embattled @cocoin the GP thread and felt I should do my part to try and lighten the mood.

I know people like @Deanexpect me to bring the positivity and light around thus place 🙂

Good idea this thread @axman2526! This forum is so bleak. 

We have about 10 new players that are far from integrated to either Chelsea or England. I am sure many of them will be successful. We are heading towards some brilliant times

The next goal and next win will probably feel very good. 

Players like Felix and Enzo are very exciting to see. Most of the teams in the world would love to have them. They are playing for us.

1 minute ago, evissy said:

Good idea this thread @axman2526! This forum is so bleak. 

We have about 10 new players that are far from integrated to either Chelsea or England. I am sure many of them will be successful. We are heading towards some brilliant times

The next goal and next win will probably feel very good. 

Players like Felix and Enzo are very exciting to see. Most of the teams in the world would love to have them. They are playing for us.

Thank you mate. Not forgetting Mudryk who stopped playing in November and is still not match fit.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Yeah I figured people would not take the spirit the thread is made in. Cause here come the negatives with their agendas.

Coming from Mr. Pessimistic himself, that's rich. 😄

1. Our new owners are very ambitious. 

2. We've set up a very promising infrastructure. 

3. We've signed Enzo f**king Fernandez

4. Manager transition. We have a talented squad that's only further going to be strengthened in the summer, so if Potter does get sacked the new manager can come in and have a bloody good team to work with. 

5. Andrey Santos. 

5 minutes ago, Snedger said:

And out injured again nearly as soon.

Damn, I just couldn’t manage optimism.

Erm, we’re too good to go down. How’s that?

Ah come on you can do better 😉

2 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Coming from Mr. Pessimistic himself, that's rich. 😄

Don't know what you are talking about... 😛

4 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

1. Our new owners are very ambitious. 

2. We've set up a very promising infrastructure. 

3. We've signed Enzo f**king Fernandez

4. Manager transition. We have a talented squad that's only further going to be strengthened in the summer, so if Potter does get sacked the new manager can come in and have a bloody good team to work with. 

5. Andrey Santos. 

You mention two players and not include Reece James, another positive!