Thank You Mr Roman Abramovich

Eight Times
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Devil Dog said:

:laugh2:

20170513_132624.png

Ha ha, so we have all bowled around this sunny Saturday feeling the dogs after last night and another trophy, and poor old Cyril is Still crying, Cyril it didn't cross our mind about Russian cash and it never has, u just can't beat winning trophies, must dash my champagne is chilling!! Champions!!!!!

8 hours ago, coco said:

IMG_2583.JPG

Don't have the highest net spend tho. That graphic will change when the two Manc clubs spend 200m each and we are rolling in Costa money. 

Very telling the two lowest have as many total trophies as we have PL titles alone. Sorry not sorry

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

6 hours ago, Tibbers said:

You think treble is possible? Who was the last English team to win a treble?

United. The only English team to win a treble. Trebles are very rare. Even Real Madrid have never done it. I think only 7 clubs in the history of European football have done it, with Barca doing it twice in 2009 and 2015. Juventus might win the 2nd Italian treble this season though (first by Inter Milan courtesy of Jose).

Tough to expect a treble. I'd be happy with a league win and CL semi final tbh. A CL win would be a bonus.

Edited by Barrettinator

• 2 months later...

16/17 15/16 14/15 13/14 Net

Manchester United -£94.85 -£117.17 -£46.89 -£124.50 -£383.41

Arsenal FC -£45.05 -£87.25 -£20.40 -£77.50 -£230.20

Manchester City £101.07 -£151.00 -£124.02 -£49.00 -£222.95

Liverpool FC -£33.75 £4.25 -£30.64 -£44.34 -£104.48

Everton FC £7.00 -£21.40 -£32.40 -£32.50 -£79.30

Chelsea FC £2.10 -£20.74 -£2.50 £6.00 -£15.14

Tottenham Hotspur £68.00 -£26.00 £14.00 -£3.70 £52.30

Ranking the clubs by net spend over past 4 seasons. (Numbers in millions). 

12 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Amazing business by Tottenham. 

It was all one player, and they have nothing to show for it in terms of trophies

As for us ! Amazing and I bet our brand increases each season 

Not 100% sure on those stats but I will take them :-) 

1 hour ago, Stim said:

Arsenal outspending City haha.

Not holding my breath on United being called out for their spending.

I made an error on citeh, here is the updated one

Over 5 years city are in the red by over half a billion and are over a billion over 10 years 

16/17 15/16 14/15 13/14 Net

Manchester City -£101.07 -£151.00 -£124.02 -£49.00 -£425.09

Manchester United -£94.85 -£117.17 -£46.89 -£124.50 -£383.41

Arsenal FC -£45.05 -£87.25 -£20.40 -£77.50 -£230.20

Liverpool FC -£33.75 £4.25 -£30.64 -£44.34 -£104.48

Everton FC £7.00 -£21.40 -£32.40 -£32.50 -£79.30

Chelsea FC £2.10 -£20.74 -£2.50 £6.00 -£15.14

Tottenham Hotspur £68.00 -£26.00 £14.00 -£3.70 £52.30

Spending isn't done yet by a long way though, net spending in the premier league for the past 3 years

Still got a long way to go, especially considering the amount of TV money.

Edited by benjsross

• 6 months later...

A rare communique from Roman in the Bournemouth programme.

DU4zlwhX0AAp9Ks.jpg

At the start of 2018, I am reminded of the important milestones we have achieved together as a club since 2003. Along with the Premier League titles and other pieces of silverware we have won together, that special night in Munich cemented our place in European history and was a magnificent achievement for our wonderful football club.

We have achieved a huge amount on the field together and I am immensely thankful for your support of Chelsea, which continues to inspire us in the pursuit of success.

When I first came to Chelsea, I had two ambitions: to create world-class teams on the pitch; and to ensure the club plays a positive role in all its communities, using football as a vehicle to inspire and engage.

It has always been important to me to create a club that is welcoming to everyone. We actively celebrate our cultural and religious diversity and, through the work of the Chelsea Foundation, deliver programmes to promote equality and tackle discrimination all over the world. However, we are all too often reminded there is more to be done.

Tonight’s game is an important one. On 27 January, the world observed Holocaust Memorial Day. The Holocaust was a crime without parallel in history. We must never forget such atrocities and must do our utmost to prevent them from ever happening again. It is my honour to dedicate this match to the victims of the Holocaust and to the Jewish community.

This evening I am proud to launch an initiative to raise awareness of and to tackle antisemitism in all its forms, and hope to have your support for this work.

This is the start of an important journey and we all have a part to play. We can all do something to challenge discrimination at our club as well as within the world around us. With your help, Chelsea can play a leading role in this vital area of work and demonstrate to everybody that we are a club open to all.

• 1 month later...

Of interest:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/16/russian-oligarchs-fight-mine-battle-in-london-court

Also, that long-time Chels hater, Syed, has recently filed a column in The Times concerning our owner. I can't get round the paywall so as to read the column - could someone who does subscribe post his full column herein?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by youlots