Mike 93

Willian

£60m? Yes please. 

That would cover the cost of Jorginho (assuming it goes through) and with the sale of Drinkwater and one or two of the defenders we would still have money to play with to improve the squad. 

I do think we should accept it as I don't rate Willian and think we can do better but I would be interested to see how he would fare under Sarri.

If he can get Mertens, Callejon and Insigne firing then Willian should do even better.

I hate to see Willian go, but hard to pass on 60 million. The issue here is, who do they use/buy to replace Willian? Because, I'm sorry, but if they think that they can just roll Pedro out there and think Chelsea will be fine, no... no no. 

1 minute ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I hate to see Willian go, but hard to pass on 60 million. The issue here is, who do they use/buy to replace Willian? Because, I'm sorry, but if they think that they can just roll Pedro out there and think Chelsea will be fine, no... no no. 

We will probably have to fork over most of this money for Leon Bailey or another young promising winger.

Sky reporting it as £53m, either way id bite their hand for that. 

Good player on his day, but those days aren't often enough, and at 29 with 2 years left on his contract, now is the time to cash in. 

12 minutes ago, big blue said:

Good player on his day, but those days aren't often enough, and at 29 with 2 years left on his contract, now is the time to cash in. 

agreed, hopefully we negotiate an even higher price, I would love us to go for someone like Bailey if we did get that kind of money, no doubt he’d be even more expensive but it would cover a decent amount of it.

26 minutes ago, big blue said:

Yeah that's about 60m euros. Covers most of the Jorginho fee. We need a proper replacement though. Pedro won't cut it. I'd even ship Pedro himself out too if a decent offer came in. We need a proper winger. And then maybe back them up with Hodson-Odoi.

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Get Peresic, i said 2 years ago he is the dogs, now he has proved it again

I agree he’s quality but he’s 29, 30 in February. For the money Inter would want, I can’t see it happening.

1 minute ago, the special one said:

Bertrand Traore for me, reckon he's perfect for Callejon's position at Napoli.

Quite possible that we have a buy back clause or first right of refusal there, depending on the price, it could be good value

6 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Get Peresic, i said 2 years ago he is the dogs, now he has proved it again

That's a good shout, although I think Perisic plays predominantly on the left, a bit like Hazard, and his age may count against him, in terms of spending big, as he is the same age as Willian.

The one that really annoys me though is Mahrez. Talk about a missed opportunity. I know some on here don't rate him but quite frankly, they're wrong. Mahrez is class, Premiership proven, a good age, a proven winner, a real game-breaker, and crucially, we could have got him. Instead City, with their abundance of attacking talent, have taken him, while we're relying solely on Hazard, as we have been for years. No wonder we've fallen so far behind.

City buy flair, and real genuine attacking threat. It's about time we started doing the same. Instead we'll probably buy a left-back, as we have done every summer since time immemorial.

1 minute ago, mwblue10 said:

Quite possible that we have a buy back clause or first right of refusal there, depending on the price, it could be good value

Hopefully, I also think he could play in Mertens position, i.e. the "false 9" - he could also cover for Batshuayi allowing us sell for £30m+ so for me it would be a no brainer.