Mike 93

Willian

3 minutes ago, Xfaxtor said:

Yeah, Mourinho wouldnt sell us a bucket of his own piss if he thought it was a possibility that it could come in handy. No way is he goving us Martial

Mourinho is no factor there. If Eddie the Eagle decides it's a good deal, like hell he's listening to Jose.

18 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

+1 on that.

Then have Zapacosta full time on the Right Back position. 

You want bang average Zappacosta at RB full time when Azpilicueta still exists? For what reason? You realise Conte is gone now and so he doesn't have to be a makeshift CB anymore, right?

If Barca walk away from this deal with us having turned down 3 unbelievable bids, someone will need to get fired ffs. What is this madness? Willian isn't even worth 30m atm. 

You know what? Like I said before, offer Willian and 50m+ to Barca for Dembele since they don't like the kid.

48 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

If Barca walk away from this deal with us having turned down 3 unbelievable bids, someone will need to get fired ffs. What is this madness? Willian isn't even worth 30m atm. 

You know what? Like I said before, offer Willian and 50m+ to Barca for Dembele since they don't like the kid.

If Barca have made a bid of 55m, why would we add another 50 on top for Dembele......20 on top max.

2 hours ago, atomis said:

If Barca have made a bid of 55m, why would we add another 50 on top for Dembele......20 on top max.

because they paid 135 for him last year, and they aren't even looking to sell him.

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Willian isn't even worth 30m atm. 

If Barca want him he must be worth at least that. Imagine trying to buy a Barca attacker for £30m ? yeah you cant imagine it.

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Dembele is sorely overrated...

I agree. He had one good season in France and an ok season at Dortmund, he's no world beater yet. He's still just a potential top player at the moment. I don't think he's the answer if we sell Willian.

Dembele barely played this year so he would definitely be a huge risk.  Too bad he couldn’t have stayed at Dortmund (and stayed healthy there).

9 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Dembele is sorely overrated...

I honestly don't think he is. How many 20 year olds have 50 goals/assist in their first 100 games, across 3 of the top 4 leagues? 

He got bad injury at the start of last season, so it was tough year for him. 

Both footed, excellent dribbler, good end product. 

He is at a similar level to what hazard was at the same age. 

He would be a decent replacement for hazard, let alone Willian.

I reckon we have milked all we could now, anything higher Barca will pull the plug and may just leave United alone in the chase, and we are in the Matic scenario all over again. For supposedly 60M, we should get a pretty decent player even within the inflated market

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

That's what they paid for Coutinho, not Dembele, who cost 105m€.

Your right mate. 

Point still stands though, they would want at least what they paid for him last year. 

Barca are sh*tting themselves that Man Utd will get involved in the fight for Willian...reckon £60m+ can be milked from that bun fight...or a top class thrown in as a sweetener...

6 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I liked Willian a lot, but I hope we sell him now, maybe Pedro as well and start with some new names.

But where do we get their replacements from? we only have around 15 days. We take way too long to get things done, i can't see us signing two players in that time, even one player is asking a lot with the amount of time we take to complete things.

5 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Id rather do a swap deal with Utd for Martial then sell him to Barcelona. I think the swap deal with Utd could happen, dont think Mourinho rates Martial and he wants to leave.

And that is the best reason why not to sell him to Utd, IMO. We sell him to Barsa for 50-60m andMartial still wants to leave Utd, so we make an offer to them. As it has bee said on this forum for Morata, if the player doesn't want to stay, it'd be a mistake to keep him, why would Utd not accept an offer if he wants out?

Edited by RMH

1 hour ago, RMH said:

And that is the best reason why not to sell him to Utd, IMO. We sell him to Barsa for 50-60m andMartial still wants to leave Utd, so we make an offer to them. As it has bee said on this forum for Morata, if the player doesn't want to stay, it'd be a mistake to keep him, why would Utd not accept an offer if he wants out?

Because it would mean selling a young player to a team that can hurt them. It's not something United do. Even if a player was pushing to leave, i doubt they would sell to any Premier League side in the top 6, and i wouldn't blame them either, i wish we had the same attitude.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

To be fair, if Richarilson is worth £50m, we should be holding out for more.

Richarlison was very good in the first few months of the league then he faded out. I still think he is a very exciting talent and majority of his best football came under Silva in charge. Also Richarlison is not worth £50m, however he is 10 years younger than Willian which is why Everton are prepared to pay big money for him. If the transfer window closed at end of August, you would think it is a no-brainer to sell Willian for the reported amount but stupidly, the decision this season was made to close the transfer window early.

34 minutes ago, STATS said:

Richarlison was very good in the first few months of the league then he faded out. I still think he is a very exciting talent and majority of his best football came under Silva in charge. Also Richarlison is not worth £50m, however he is 10 years younger than Willian which is why Everton are prepared to pay big money for him. If the transfer window closed at end of August, you would think it is a no-brainer to sell Willian for the reported amount but stupidly, the decision this season was made to close the transfer window early.

Bang on. Richarlison is very young, came from another continent, and showed a lot of promise. The ceiling is potentially very high and that's what Everton are buying. It's a risk but the way the market is going it's one worth taking IMO.