Mike 93

Willian

28 minutes ago, BeaverWarrior said:

All I notice is the same fat 40 years old communists sitting on this forum and permanently banning users that are younger and admittedly harsh

The funniest thing about this is the nickname. Beaver Warrior - hahahahaha...

The second funniest thing is where someone slips up and - trying to come up with an embarrassingly old age - says 40. "I'm gonna insult them with how old they are. What would be a good, somewhat exaggerated, really old age? When do people get properly decrepit and senile? Around 40, right?"

Edited by Ilya

Just now, enigma said:

Willian can't go to Utd if he doesn't want to go though. I understand wanting to go to Barca, but doubt he'll want to go to Utd willingly. 

Maybe he want's to go though, seems to have a good relationship with Jose. United are still the biggest club in England so I could see him wanting to move if indeed there is something in that.

21 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Maybe he want's to go though, seems to have a good relationship with Jose. United are still the biggest club in England so I could see him wanting to move if indeed there is something in that.

Possibly, but Willian is going to end up playing the same position as he does here. Makes no sense of his part. 

If it comes out we indeed did refuse this 60-65m offer for Willian, then we just shot ourselves once Again. What were we thinking? The dude wants out.....a more than decent offer on the table....wtf man? Now Barca has malcom. coutinho, dembele etc.....no need for Willie. We ourselves have made sure he goes to stinking utd.......we all damn well know Jose will come for him and he will gladly go there.

17 minutes ago, atomis said:

If it comes out we indeed did refuse this 60-65m offer for Willian, then we just shot ourselves once Again. What were we thinking? The dude wants out.....a more than decent offer on the table....wtf man? Now Barca has malcom. coutinho, dembele etc.....no need for Willie. We ourselves have made sure he goes to stinking utd.......we all damn well know Jose will come for him and he will gladly go there.

Or it could all have been media bollocks and they never bid for him in the first place. :smile:

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

They may be the biggest club but not that many players really see the size of United as a pull for some reason, certainly not to the same scale as they see Madrid, Barca and too an extent Bayern anyway. We have beaten them to many players and Jose doesn't even look half as happy with them as he did with us.

Edited by Argo

I don't think it is given he is going to go. 

It was wildly reported that if conte stayed, he would look to leave, hence the childish trophy incident.

Now sarri is here, I'm not sure he would be pushing for a transfer. 

From the club's perspective, I can't imagine hazard would want to see him leave, he is obviously rated highly amongst his team mates, after winning players' player of the year. So perhaps the club will keep him to please hazard? 

It would be nice to have a new right winger, but what's to say we don't see a better Willian under sarri? 

I would like to a big signing in the attacking department though just to freshen things up. I still think fekir at £50m is an absolute steal.

Jorginho

Kante                    

Fekir

Willian  (a Striker that finish his dinner) Hazard 

13 minutes ago, big blue said:

I would like to a big signing in the attacking department though just to freshen things up. I still think fekir at £50m is an absolute steal.

Fekir isn't a steal at £50m. I watched most Lyon games last year, and while he's their talisman it's worth remembering the quality level in France is considerably less than the PL. Fekir on fire can be an awesome thing, but he's very insistent, dives like a fecker and can be guaranteed to collect cards like nobodies business. He's lots of fun, but he's certainly a high risk.

57 minutes ago, atomis said:

It could be that the timing was all wrong. The money on offer is good (if true) but if we don't have a guaranteed replacement lined up, then it's a risk we can't afford to take.

17 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Fekir isn't a steal at £50m. I watched most Lyon games last year, and while he's their talisman it's worth remembering the quality level in France is considerably less than the PL. Fekir on fire can be an awesome thing, but he's very insistent, dives like a fecker and can be guaranteed to collect cards like nobodies business. He's lots of fun, but he's certainly a high risk.

When Richarlison is going for the same price after half a decent season, Fekir is a good price. 

He has great ability, he's comfortable picking the ball up anywhere in the attacking third, he can drop deep, and he can finish, which is what makes him a cut above what we have already. 

He's at a good age now aswell, so I think he could gain some consistency under sarri, and surrounded by quality players.

21 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

I suspect if Klopp wanted him, he was confident he could turn him into a fearsome attacking threat. Have you seen much of Malcolm? Young, can shoot from outside the box, pace, and crucially, left-footed. I'm surprised we weren't in for him.

13 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

I suspect if Klopp wanted him, he was confident he could turn him into a fearsome attacking threat. Have you seen much of Malcolm? Young, can shoot from outside the box, pace, and crucially, left-footed. I'm surprised we weren't in for him.

Nah, I've only been watching Lyon games so I haven't seen much of Malcolm. I can only speak about Fekir, and maybe he'd improve with Klopp, but I know 100% that he'd frustrate the feck out of us, even while producing moments of brilliance. He's the kind of player we'd end up loving but at least a third of the time you'd be pulling your hair out.

1 hour ago, Kentonio said:

Or it could all have been media bollocks and they never bid for him in the first place. :smile:

Ohh yeah you keep believing that everytime mate........more than likely they have bid and more than likely Willie have wanted out for some time.

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It could be that the timing was all wrong. The money on offer is good (if true) but if we don't have a guaranteed replacement lined up, then it's a risk we can't afford to take.

Could be......but there are plenty options out there mate. Dembele, Fekir, Pulisich, Baily etc etc.........

21 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I don't really care any longer about the transfer window, its a circus at the Bridge who ever is in charge....let's just start the season and move on with whoever we end up with in the starting 11.  

Ohh man you said it.......a cluster-f**k of a Circus show, may lady luck be with us.