Mike 93

Willian

If we are going to get rid of players, we need to get it done soon so we can get their replacements in.

I just can't see these types of sales happening now, not unless the club wants us to be pathetic on the field that is. Willian and Pedro will surely only be sold once we have their replacements in (well, i would hope so anyway)

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

If we are going to get rid of players, we need to get it done soon so we can get their replacements in.

I just can't see these types of sales happening now, not unless the club wants us to be pathetic on the field that is. Willian and Pedro will surely only be sold once we have their replacements in (well, i would hope so anyway)

We'll be looking at players and talking to clubs, negotiating already. We wouldn't be open to selling Willian and/or Pedro without bringing in sufficent replacements. We were linked with Bailley for a while I think, also new links to Fekir. Also a Brazilian lad who is touted as a fantastic young player. We also have Hudson-Odoi. 

37 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Willian out, Golovin in?

Golovin is a CM isn't he? If he was his replacement, i would be really disappointed. We could get a lot better for the money apparently being offered.

Edited by Scott Harris

17 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

55m is excellent money, the club will probably get more. Chelsea need to refresh the right side of the attack, or save the money and move Moses further forward :wink:

+1 on that.

Then have Zapacosta full time on the Right Back position. 

That NiNi guy on twitter/youtube says our chances of landing Martial hinge on Willian going the other way. Who knwos how true that is, but it's also said Martial would play as no.9 for us. I am not that sold on Martial tbh. 

I'm a big fan of Willian, but if he's set on a club change then its absolutely time to cash in, just not to a league rival.

Upwards of £50m is a fair valuation in my opinion. He's still at his peak, but given his biggest asset is probably his explosiveness, his age has to be taken into consideration. That and its pointless trying to hang on to a player these days when they see the door, that little drop in motivation can be all the difference between a match winning moment and a concentration/effort loss that costs us.

I think he's had a great time here, has had to deal with his fair share of ups and downs, but has played a big role in a lot of recent successes, I'd wish him well at a new club for sure.

55m is a good price + not strengthening a direct rival. Use that money to get someone more consistent and will actually improve on that right side.

I think we know next year is going to be a transition into Sarriball so i hope we sign a young player that can then have a year to mould into our brand of football with little expectation to win silverware. I.e. Bailey, Malcom etc. 

If Barca really want Willian and they offer that amount, then we can deny that. Willian is 29, I like him, he is hardworker and had good seasons with us, but if we can get Martial instead, then I'd take it.

I'd take that money and run. He works hard and has some qualities for sure but his passing/awareness is average... And his attitude sucks.

3 hours ago, big blue said:

It's reached the point now, where i think we would be mad not to sell. 

I think in a small sample size people get dazzled by his brilliant on the ball ability, and over the course of a season, I've been frustrated with his overall lack of contrbution.

My thoughts ----

“Catalan newspaper ‘SPORT’ were yesterday saying Willian was close to a Barcelona deal.

Today they report a €60 million offer from Manchester United for Willian.

#Martial #Willian”

Sure I saw a rumour that the club would be more interested in a swap deal for Martial. I don’t like the idea of swapping a proven player for a younger player but Martial has shown some good moments and looks dangerous when on the ball. Would be fit Sarri’s play?

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

“Catalan newspaper ‘SPORT’ were yesterday saying Willian was close to a Barcelona deal.

Today they report a €60 million offer from Manchester United for Willian.

#Martial #Willian”

Sure I saw a rumour that the club would be more interested in a swap deal for Martial. I don’t like the idea of swapping a proven player for a younger player but Martial has shown some good moments and looks dangerous when on the ball. Would be fit Sarri’s play?

I think Martial would do well for Sarris playstyle, but Hazard plays for us in his position. Martial is awful on the right. 

Just now, mwblue10 said:

Martial would be best as a striker or false 9 in Sarri’s system

Thats a whole other mess that I dont want to touch. Martial as our leading striker would be god awful. We have a superior striker in Batshuayi, why would we buy Uniteds outcast? 

10 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

Thats a whole other mess that I dont want to touch. Martial as our leading striker would be god awful. We have a superior striker in Batshuayi, why would we buy Uniteds outcast? 

I’m of the opinion that Jose has held Martial back and doesn’t use him correctly at all.  Besides, who are we to reject outcasts?  Our outcasts are currently terrorizing the league.