Mike 93

Willian

I'm a fan of Willian, unstoppable on his day and yes I agree he's inconsistent, but he's put in a great service for the club over the years.  Sad if this is going through, however I think this is the right time to sell given his age and the rumoured transfer fee.  I do think this will drag on though, and that we will be trying to secure a replacement before this goes through.  Its been along time since we've bought a young fast tricky player, the kind that gets you excited for the match in the way Hazard does.  

So are we really about to f**k up getting 65m for a player who has averaged 5 goals a season for us for 5 years and been sh*t more than half of every season and is 30 years old? If we turn this down and there isn't a Martial swap in the works, then Marina needs to give her head a wobble. What is the logic behind this? I'm confused...

Just going to keep watching and see how it unfolds.

4 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

So are we really about to f**k up getting 65m for a player who has averaged 5 goals a season for us for 5 years and been sh*t more than half of every season and is 30 years old? If we turn this down and there isn't a Martial swap in the works, then Marina needs to give her head a wobble. What is the logic behind this? I'm confused...

Just going to keep watching and see how it unfolds.

To be fair, we don't know if any of it is actually true, especially the amounts they're reporting in the press. There was a story earlier saying Barca wouldn't go above 35m for a player that age. I wouldn't get angry about a deal not happening, unless one of the parties actually came out and confirmed the amounts.

I am surprised we're intent on Martial. He hasn't even scored double figures as a striker, and only got 11 goals for utd at best, albeit not as a striker. Am i missing something? What makes Martial a guaranteed 20 goal a season no.9? 

6 minutes ago, enigma said:

I am surprised we're intent on Martial. He hasn't even scored double figures as a striker, and only got 11 goals for utd at best, albeit not as a striker. Am i missing something? What makes Martial a guaranteed 20 goal a season no.9? 

The guy has a lot of potential, and if utilised correctly can have a Salah esque effect.

I think he’s capable of becoming a world class striker, all he needs is the right coach and tactics.

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Scored 17 goals in his first season under Van Gaal. 

Only had 18 starts last season in the league but still managed 9 goals and 5 assists. 

In terms of goals and assists per minutes played he's bettering 1 per game last season in the league and wasn't too far off of that the season before. 

I just think he's a player that Mourinho hasn't taken to, much like Mata, KDB, Lukaku for us. 

Jose doesn't care about selling to rivals if he deems a player surplus. They've got Rashford, Sanchez, Lingard all competing for similar positions, if Martial wants out Jose won't stand in his way. 

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

Apparently we’re holding out for £70m from Barca. 

So we should. Willian is easily worth half of what Coutinho was. In a world where Richarlison is going for £50m, it's more than fair.

Edited by enigma

11 hours ago, Kentonio said:

Obviously it's not ideal for us this year, but generally I think it was a great decision to close the window earlier. It was ridiculous having a situation where teams could be several weeks into the season and still didn't know if they were going to lose players.

I don't agree with it shutting early when the World Cup is on, yet other big leagues have their transfer window open. It is more difficult to get players during a major tournament. Everyone thinks we are ludicrous for rejecting Willian's bid from Barca, but maybe it is also because Sarri doesn't believe he has three weeks to get a like for like replacement. Then we still can lose players to other major leagues. Had there not been the World Cup on, would of been fine with it, but closing it when the season starts when majority of top players have been in Russia, is ludicrous imo.

Russian whore destroying the club for years now, filthy fraud of a a woman, stay in kitchen and leave football for men. Of course Barcelona already dropped interest in Willian already after Malcom cheapter, younger and better.

I can only laugh at the ones saying were doing a Martial - Willian swap, this Russian cum dumpster doesn't even know on what planet she lives.

3 minutes ago, Gina1100 said:

Russian whore destroying the club for years now, filthy fraud of a a woman, stay in kitchen and leave football for men. Of course Barcelona already dropped interest in Willian already after Malcom cheapter, younger and better.

I can only laugh at the ones saying were doing a Martial - Willian swap, this Russian cum dumpster doesn't even know on what planet she lives.

And we're back