Willian

Mike 93
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

17 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

But they wanted Griezmann

True but then again this Barca board is just as haphazard at spending money as our board. They bought Paulinho, Coutinho, Dembele, Arda Turan etc in recent years and all of them barely improved the squad. The difference is they're spending money on top talent whilst ours spent money on average-decent players.

6 minutes ago, Deino said:

True but then again this Barca board is just as haphazard at spending money as our board. They bought Paulinho, Coutinho, Dembele, Arda Turan etc in recent years and all of them barely improved the squad. The difference is they're spending money on top talent whilst ours spent money on average-decent players.

If only Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Barkley could improve to average!

Has liked a post on Instagram (his preferred social media platform) of a story linking him to Barca.

Hopefully a deal for him to join can be agreed for a good fee, maybe Golovin will be used in an advanced position if he does sign.

Willian has in the space of a few years gone from being the most underrated player in our squad to the most overrated.

At the start people focused too much on what he couldn't go while playing down what he could do, now it's gone well, well too far the other way, it will only get worse if he goes United as the grass is greener sh*te will kick in to go with it!!!

If Willian goes, who would everybody like to see replace him. Some may laugh at me for saying this name, but what about Memphis Depay? He's like a changed player for Lyon. 22 goals, 16 assists and a whole load of good performances last season. It looks like he has finally got his head down and is becoming the player people expected him to be. We keep saying we need somebody to take the pressure off Hazard, he could be that player to do it.

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

If Willian goes, who would everybody like to see replace him. Some may laugh at me for saying this name, but what about Memphis Depay? He's like a changed player for Lyon. 22 goals, 16 assists and a whole load of good performances last season. It looks like he has finally got his head down and is becoming the player people expected him to be. We keep saying we need somebody to take the pressure off Hazard, he could be that player to do it.

I'd like Depay. Got Mourinho'd at Utd but was great before that move and as you say has been great after. My only issue was i thought he preferred the left/middle of the pitch similar to Hazard. That Lozano looks alright too at the world cup and put up pretty good numbers last season. 

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Cheeky bid for Sterling who might see himself sidelined a bit this season after City's signing of Mahrez. 

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would actually take Sterling. Fantastic work rate and finishing is getting better.

It's as bad as ever. He's missed 3 sitters for England during the world cup. He get's goals for City because of the way they play, most of his goals are tap ins. He works hard and makes the right runs, but for every goal he scores, he misses another 10.

Edited by Scott Harris

20 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's as bad as ever. He's missed 3 sitters for England during the world cup. He get's goals for City because of the way they play, most of his goals are tap ins. He works hard and makes the right runs, but for every goal he scores, he misses another 10.

No denying it hasn't improved from previous years though. As i said, its getting better. He can fill the Callejon role nicely for us.  

Really don't rate Sterling. Massively over-hyped player in my opinion. 

Has great stats last season (playing for a free-flowing & high scoring City side who pissed all over the league), but prior to that he hasn't exceeded 11 goals in all competitions in a season. 

He is the level of a Malouda/Kalou type in my opinion, nothing more. 

He has great movement & pace but no end product. 

Genuinely think Willian is a better all-rounder. 

21 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

What about Zaha?

I have never been sold on Zaha. He has his moments, but like Willian, he's not consistent enough. He has a lot of games where he struggles to stay on his feet when running and just smashes everything over the bar. Then he will have a run of good games and people think he's brilliant again. I don't think he's a top level player and probably never will be. I think he's a Europa League player at best. If we want to get back into the Champions League then i think we need to aim higher.

So who are the 10 best wide players in the world right now? 

I don't really watch much football outside of Chelsea I don't really know... You've got players like Bale, Neymar, Mbappe who are top tier, talking over £100m value which is probably more than we're ever going to spend but outside of those players who's playing well and putting in consistent performances and scoring frequently?

Chelsea are in talks for Rugani, Golovin and Alisson. Will listen to offers for Willian, Courtois & Morata. Drinkwater for sale at £30m. Jorginho seen as a good start by Hazard, who Chelsea will keep this summer. [Telegraph.]

4 hours ago, Brutos said:

Sterling I would take him or Leon Bailey

Bailey could turn into an animal out on the right. Don’t think City would consider selling us Sterling, particularly because we seem about to pull the rug out from under them on their Jorginho deal.

19 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Depay plays like a striker/forward more than a winger, at least that's what my Utd friends said. I don't know if him playing as a winger at RW is going to get the best out of him

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

Depay plays like a striker/forward more than a winger, at least that's what my Utd friends said. I don't know if him playing as a winger at RW is going to get the best out of him

The videos of him i have seen from Lyon show's him on the wing cutting inside more than anything. It's similar to how Hazard plays.