Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

1 minute ago, Batshuayi said:

I don't think anyone played 'that well', but he was the best of an average bunch for me.

You need your top scorer to come up with the goods in games like that and he did, that's why we're in such a better position to that first season under Mourinho where we didn't have a number 9. Struggled on with an aging Eto'o, a fumbling Torres and an average Demba Ba.

I think he is the difference into what makes this and any time a 'title winning' side. You can have all the creativity/solid defence in the world but if nobody's sticking it in the back of the net then you're nowhere.

Yeah I said he does the most important thing and that's all that matters.

None of our attacking players played all that well yesterday, Costa scored but apart from that his play wasn't great although as you say no one in the final third was.

His goals are vital and even when not playing well he is scoring and that's what the very best players do.

On 1/23/2017 at 09:57, Batshuayi said:

I don't think anyone played 'that well', but he was the best of an average bunch for me.

You need your top scorer to come up with the goods in games like that and he did, that's why we're in such a better position to that first season under Mourinho where we didn't have a number 9. Struggled on with an aging Eto'o, a fumbling Torres and an average Demba Ba.

I think he is the difference into what makes this and any time a 'title winning' side. You can have all the creativity/solid defence in the world but if nobody's sticking it in the back of the net then you're nowhere.

If Eto'o didn't get injured against Arsenal we would have won the title.

lets just suppose the media made the whole thing up, they after all despise Chelsea (esp. The Guardian & Daily Fail), not wholly unbelievable

in this new 'post-truth/ alternative facts' world we all find ourselves in.

if so then the manager was truthful all along & DC's goal celebration vs Hull inferred that (on another day he could of had a hat trick)

so my alternative story - is tehre is no story and no leaving in the summer but a renewed contract with CFC

It would be a huge blow but so long as he helps us to the title this season I won't be that annoyed. I knew it wasn't a long term deal with Diego...however I find it strange he would go to China when it#'s Spain he's talked about for over a year now. Money talks I suppose. It would be career suicide but that's just my IMO.

IF true I hope we are trying to get Greizmann under United noses.

Why are The Sun reporting this, outside of the transfer window, a day before a game? Obvious they want to disrupt our season, if you think the journo's are unbiased and professional, you're giving them too much credit. They couldn't let the China story drop, they want us to fail, but surely no one believes a word from the sun, they're all vermin and I hope if they read this forum and see how many people think they're a bunch of c**ts. But guess what? The mind games don't work.

Why are The Sun reporting this, outside of the transfer window, a day before a game? Obvious they want to disrupt our season, if you think the journo's are unbiased and professional, you're giving them too much credit. They couldn't let the China story drop, they want us to fail, but surely no one believes a word from the sun, they're all vermin and I hope if they read this forum and see how many people think they're a bunch of c**ts. But guess what? The mind games don't work.

I kept saying no matter if there is no smoke without fire these journalist want us to collapse and fail but it will not happen only the gullible fans who thought we had rats will suck this up

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

How do you the journos are talking sh*t? It's pretty obvious something happened, what no one knows. My guess is if Chelsea can get a replacement Costa will be off in the summer.