James Rodriguez

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just another agent story trying to up the price on the back of ChelseaFC...over priced and over hyped...just a knee jerk vanity purchase by RM when they had a Galactios policy...if he was that good how come he couldn't get a game in Spain? Next...yawn...

19 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Just another agent story trying to up the price on the back of ChelseaFC...over priced and over hyped...just a knee jerk vanity purchase by RM when they had a Galactios policy...if he was that good how come he couldn't get a game in Spain? Next...yawn...

Yeah you're right. We should go all out for Sanchez....

Assuming this continually resurfacing rumour is just his agent/RM trying to engineer some sort of interest at anywhere near the money Madrid wasted on him. Can't see why we'd be remotely interested in him (or any AM, given the number of other positions needing strengthened).

He's not an upgrade on Oscar, who was deemed surplus. The position he fills doesn't exist in our system, and if it did we have at least 3 players suitable for it (and in my eyes considerably better for it than Rodriguez).

We need a RF, he has a great eye for goal (World Cup golden boot) and will sell shirts, he brings something different, goal threat, good shot from outside the box, creative, if we pay 65 it's only 5 on top of oscar and has to be an upgrade 

9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Current rumour is he'd replace Fabregas, who AS are saying has been told he can leave.

Would rather keep Cesc personally.

Ideally, the team needs both. An advanced and deep-lying playmaker to keep the opponents guessing. 

I hope the board doesn't allow Fab to leave, the quality of football improves when he plays

We would need to change the formation and Cesc would leave, I personally don't see the point. As Jose once said, we need two players in every position, with Bakayoko (probably), I think we have enough. The striker position is the one that needs resolving, possibly a centre back too. 

Surely Bakayoko is a replacement for the outgoing Matic? I don't see us having Bakayoko, Matic and Kante competing for two positions. And replacing Bakayoko with Cesc won't be on the cards, completely different players. 

Therefore I think Conte would see James as one of the attacking 3 as opposed to a midfield 2/3 option, which means his signing shouldn't be dependent on Cesc's future. More so Willian/Pedro's.

57 minutes ago, OverAndOut said:

If Fab leaves it will be an absolute travesty. One of our worst personnel decisions in recent memory.

Totally agree. He's been a vital weapon for us this season and has the most assists in the squad. Sell him and we lose so much. We need a big squad, we shouldn't be selling players of the quality of Fabregas. If we sell him we won't be able to replace him, his passing is up there with the very best in the world, how do you replace that ? 

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Apparently we aint interested in Res £70 million valuation, and so we shouldn't, remember to tell them Hazard won't be let gone for £120 million :biggrin:

Tbh if they see us wanting to spend more on Lukaku then they would be mugs to not want us to pay that kind of money for a far better footballer 

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Apparently we aint interested in Res £70 million valuation, and so we shouldn't, remember to tell them Hazard won't be let gone for £120 million :biggrin:

Hazard must be worth 200m in this climate if Mbappe goes for 130

No way in hell a reserve is a better player then 1 of the best striker in PL. And Lukaku grow every single season. I didn`t see James improve at all.

Lukaku > James in every way.

James right now not worth more then 40mln. And Real Madrid should be in hurry to sell him. His price won`t get higher, it`s going to fall and fall day after day.

So no chance they get more then 40-50mln. for him.

If they give him for 40mln. then we have a deal, if not, he can rot there.

We should have go for Federico Bernardeschi. Younger and a lot hunger for the game. I prefer him to James.

6 minutes ago, brakeit said:

No way in hell a reserve is a better player then 1 of the best striker in PL. And Lukaku grow every single season. I didn`t see James improve at all.

Lukaku > James in every way.

Lukaku's playing at Everton and James is at Real Madrid. One's a plain and simple battering ram and the other is a creative attacking player. It's a bit like comparing a Humvee to a Porsche.

21 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Slightly off topic but on valuation, some Valuations of the most valuable players in Europe, (in some of the daily rags) Neymar 1st, Messi 4th, just don't choke whenl you see who are 2 and 3,:dead_horse:

Tottenham scum