Matt Miazga

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Don't understand hooking the lad at half time, especially when you're moving a midfielder into central midfield player into the defence as a consequence.

We're playing for nothing so let the younger lads learn in a competitive environment.

Alright Miazga wasn't having the best of games but honestly half the reason was Ivanovic playing a stinker... He frustrates me in that when he's at fault he gesticulates at those around him as if it's everyone else's fault but his, I certainly don't see a captain in him when things are going badly.

The 9/11 stuff, being done for assault. That's before all the "alleged" business.

RC

Not saying he hasn't completely matured now though and is a great mentor for the ki inds.

JT has never been done for assult. He was acquitted.

The 9/11 stuff was pretty minor. Read Lamps' account. No US tourists made a complaint. It was just a barman saying the players got drunk and there were upset US tourists in the hotel.

Don't understand hooking the lad at half time, especially when you're moving a midfielder into central midfield player into the defence as a consequence.

We're playing for nothing so let the younger lads learn in a competitive environment.

Alright Miazga wasn't having the best of games but honestly half the reason was Ivanovic playing a stinker... He frustrates me in that when he's at fault he gesticulates at those around him as if it's everyone else's fault but his, I certainly don't see a captain in him when things are going badly.

To stop any lasting confidence damage? the boy had a reggie, didnt see a single positive from that first half from him, would be better to get him off reassure him and take him out of the firing line, its one thing looking alright against a villa side who are basically already down and will probably stay down, then it is against a swansea side who want to make sure they stay up.

Like I said earlier im expecting the kid to go out on loan and not to be back anytime sooner either, doesnt have anything that makes him stand out from any other average centreback for me, I think this signing might be more about his nationality than his actual talent as we effectively plucked him from a league one club in the hope he may become useful eventually or sold for profit and maybe to help with our american market commitments/marketing.

The 9/11 stuff, being done for assault. That's before all the "alleged" business.

Not saying he hasn't completely matured now though and is a great mentor for the kids.

9/11 stuff was nothing made out to be something, it was literally nothing to do with 9/11.

Cleared ofv assault too. And what alleged business?

Hes no saint, hes quite obviously a d**khead at times but some of the bollocks written about him is hilarious.

I think this signing might be more about his nationality than his actual talent as we effectively plucked him from a league one club in the hope he may become useful eventually or sold for profit and maybe to help with our american market commitments/marketing.

Pretty sure the signing was more to do with his agent, Kia Joorabchian.

Joorabchian facilitated the move that got us £25m for Ramires, while we brought in 2 of his clients, Miazga & Pato. I find it hard to believe they're not linked anyway.

Pretty sure the signing was more to do with his agent, Kia Joorabchian.

Joorabchian facilitated the move that got us £25m for Ramires, while we brought in 2 of his clients, Miazga & Pato. I find it hard to believe they're not linked anyway.

Given the level of corruption that permeates football, I have to be cynical like you. Agents are up there with FIFA in corruption, and even worse many of them take advantage of young players who trust their whole careers with them because they're too young to know better.

It's like you read my mind. i haven't been saying this on the forum but it's so noticeable now. maybe he thinks it's part of a skippers remit to criticize  team mates when you're the one making mistakes.Hopefully Conte sees sense and picks players on merit, not because the owner likes them.

To stop any lasting confidence damage? the boy had a reggie, didnt see a single positive from that first half from him, would be better to get him off reassure him and take him out of the firing line, its one thing looking alright against a villa side who are basically already down and will probably stay down, then it is against a swansea side who want to make sure they stay up.

Like I said earlier im expecting the kid to go out on loan and not to be back anytime sooner either, doesnt have anything that makes him stand out from any other average centreback for me, I think this signing might be more about his nationality than his actual talent as we effectively plucked him from a league one club in the hope he may become useful eventually or sold for profit and maybe to help with our american market commitments/marketing.

It may have damaged his confidence more by taking him off. The message we are sending out to the youngsters is that if they make a mistake, they are out, i don't think that is going to help with confidence at all to be honest.

It may have damaged his confidence more by taking him off. The message we are sending out to the youngsters is that if they make a mistake, they are out, i don't think that is going to help with confidence at all to be honest.

Yup. It happened with Baba but the senior players like Ivan had howlers in near enough every match at the start of this season but played regardless.

It's double standards.

It wasnt just a mistake for the goal, all 45 minutes he looked out of his depth, lets not forget the guy has come from a mickey mouse league where he had only just broke into the first team over there! he isnt good enough at the moment and guus clocked it and done the responsible thing in hooking him and probably behind closed doors at training giving him the arm round the shoulder and reassuring him, which is a better option to take when they are obviously out of their depth.

Miazgas depth being middling championship standard as villa clearly are that poor and will not be bouncing back within a year or two they are that bad.

Edited by strong centreback

Thought the decision to hook him was justified, though think it would have been harsh had he not already been booked.

If Miazga's confidence is affected then so be it, if he channels it into a positive and comes back stronger for it he may just have the killer instinct needed to play at the highest level.

It wasnt just a mistake for the goal, all 45 minutes he looked out of his depth, lets not forget the guy has come from a mickey mouse league where he had only just broke into the first team over there! he isnt good enough at the moment and guus clocked it and done the responsible thing in hooking him and probably behind closed doors at training giving him the arm round the shoulder and reassuring him, which is a better option to take when they are obviously out of their depth.

Miazgas depth being middling championship standard as villa clearly are that poor and will not be bouncing back within a year or two they are that bad.

I think that's really harsh having watched his performance back. The worst error was when he was back near the corner flag and tried to play it to Azpi when he should've just played it out but that's inexperience. The header for their goal wasn't brilliant but TWO players let Montero get the cross in and no-one was marking the edge of the box which is just shoddy all round.

Apart from that he looked ok. He reads the play pretty well, he's got a good turn of pace on him and he seems to be good on the ball too.

Bringing him off when Azpi and Ivanovic have had equally average games seemed a little short-sighted to me, especially when you're throwing Mikel back there. I think there's got to be an understanding that young players won't be perfect and that you need to persist with them. 

I think that's really harsh having watched his performance back. The worst error was when he was back near the corner flag and tried to play it to Azpi when he should've just played it out but that's inexperience. The header for their goal wasn't brilliant but TWO players let Montero get the cross in and no-one was marking the edge of the box which is just shoddy all round.

Apart from that he looked ok. He reads the play pretty well, he's got a good turn of pace on him and he seems to be good on the ball too.

Bringing him off when Azpi and Ivanovic have had equally average games seemed a little short-sighted to me, especially when you're throwing Mikel back there. I think there's got to be an understanding that young players won't be perfect and that you need to persist with them. 

::clap2::

Totally agree that you need to persist with younger players and that you need to allow them to make mistakes to improve, I just dont see it with miazga I hope im wrong, its just I dont see any qualities of him that many others of the same age have as well he just seems abit bang average to me and his distribution for a ball playing type defender was piss poor, I mean is he really better than clarke-salter for example who is chelsea trained and progressed well through our youth ranks and is deserving of having a few 45-90 minutes between now and season end?

Call me harsh (I can be to be fair at times) but I think we may of put abit to much faith in how we apparently, if you believe the press, came to hear of the guy, being a 37yr old drogba rating him as a tough opponent, from what ive seen a prime drogba would of tore the boy a new one in minutes, he looks like an arsenal style centreback, looks like he could be good but ultimately is a middle of the roader.

Totally agree that you need to persist with younger players and that you need to allow them to make mistakes to improve, I just dont see it with miazga I hope im wrong, its just I dont see any qualities of him that many others of the same age have as well he just seems abit bang average to me and his distribution for a ball playing type defender was piss poor, I mean is he really better than clarke-salter for example who is chelsea trained and progressed well through our youth ranks and is deserving of having a few 45-90 minutes between now and season end?

Call me harsh (I can be to be fair at times) but I think we may of put abit to much faith in how we apparently, if you believe the press, came to hear of the guy, being a 37yr old drogba rating him as a tough opponent, from what ive seen a prime drogba would of tore the boy a new one in minutes, he looks like an arsenal style centreback, looks like he could be good but ultimately is a middle of the roader.

The one thing that's surprised me is his passing. I thought he'd just be a physical lump but he's got good technique and a willingness to play ambitious balls based on what we've seen so far. It's a small sample size but there's been some interesting things in there and I think the mistake where he tried to pass to Azpi was him being overly ambitious.

That doesn't mean he's going to make it because he's played just 135 minutes of top-flight football, but if he can learn from his mistakes and apply himself then he's got some decent foundations to build on. 

For me Miazga is a class above Clarke-Salter at the mo. Having seen a fair bit of him at U21 level Clarke-Salter (still only 18) is good at youth level but (like a lot of our youth imo) hasn't shown anything to suggest he might make it here. A loan to the Championship would prob be best for Miazga next season, i'd be surprised if any Championship teams go for Clarke-Salter, League 2 perhaps.

Edited by the special one

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe he's not been up to scratch in training? Its a difficult jump to go from the US to the premier league, especially at a young age in mid season.

But it is interesting to draw the contrast between the annoyance he isn't playing and the desire to see baba rahman sold after one season.