Who should the club sign with potential Hazard money?

TomCFC85

Hello fellas, the topic over on the Eden Hazard thread about Real possibly scooping our boy Eden up has got me thinking.
While I love the guy and hope he stays with us forever, it does seem inevitable that one of the mega rich clubs such as PSG or Real will snap him up at some point in the next 2 years.
Personally, if Neymar can sell for £200m that at least puts up the price for Eden to around £180m I'd say, so with this in mind, who do you think the club should target as a potential replacement?
Personally, I'm a massive fan of Dybala although Ascencio has popped up from time to time.
What do you guys think? Focus efforts on signing one player (if so, who?) or use the money for a variety of cheaper players?

37 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Hello fellas, the topic over on the Eden Hazard thread about Real possibly scooping our boy Eden up has got me thinking.
While I love the guy and hope he stays with us forever, it does seem inevitable that one of the mega rich clubs such as PSG or Real will snap him up at some point in the next 2 years.
Personally, if Neymar can sell for £200m that at least puts up the price for Eden to around £180m I'd say, so with this in mind, who do you think the club should target as a potential replacement?
Personally, I'm a massive fan of Dybala although Ascencio has popped up from time to time.
What do you guys think? Focus efforts on signing one player (if so, who?) or use the money for a variety of cheaper players?

Hazard should fetch at least 200m if not higher. He's more crucial to us than Neymar is to Barca.

I'd say no to Dybala, the guy at 24 has an iffy first touch, a somewhat mediocre right foot and looks to be a bottler and moaner for me. Hazard was far more complete at his age. Has one hell of a left foot but needs the team to cover his weaknesses. A SS that'd replace Hazard's end product maybe but not sure if he fits the PL. Suits La Liga to a tee. 

I like Asensio but has dumb mistakes like an infection from shaving? Not yet proven enough for me. Could be good but who knows.

If we're selling a superstar, we should buy 1 or 2 superstar or superstar-in-the-making that fits the profile of the team to compensate. Don't do a Spurs or an Everton.

Personally, I'd say Christian Pulisic from Dortmund. Has 2 good feet, can work at the right or left wing, industrious, has a decent shot on him. Potential star in the making for me. 

I can't see us selling Hazard when he has something like four of five years (IIRC) left on his contract.

Even for 200m I would like us to reconsider it.

Dybala, Pulisic, Milinkovic Savic, Werner...

A lot of young player who could be world class. But an established one? Not many of those around.

He is irreplaceable imo. If we are forced to sell him to madrid, I would say isco has to be part of any deal. 

I doubt it's a stance the club will take though, we seem to be happy enough to grant players wishes if the price tag is met. Cech, Matic, Costa, all got the moves they wanted, so if hazard wants out, I doubt we would stand in his way, in the same way Liverpool did with coutinho. 

I have a feeling hazard will stay here long term though. 

On 11/23/2017 at 15:50, dan_cfc said:

Honestly wouldn't sell him for 500m he's that important to us. Can't see anyone good enough that we can realistically replace him with.

There is no one on the market that is as good as Hazard is that we can replace him with.  You have that absolutely right.  

Now, if we are forced to sell him for 200m, I'd make a push to bring Bale back to the prem.  And depending on how much he costs you could look for someone like James as well.  

Hazard is a top top top dribbler in the world and does for us what three people do for other teams: carry the ball from the back to the front.  Relieve pressure.  Dribble through a defense with precision.  And he does it even when other teams KNOW he is the only one on our team capable of it and kick him about all over the pitch.  I would rather us do everything we can to keep Hazard by spending our current funds on TOP players.  If we have ambition we should be looking to buy top players, not sell them.  

On 01/12/2017 at 12:03, comtrend said:

I would never sell him, only way to make up for his loss would be to sign Marco Asensio, Isco, Sergio Roberto, Alex Sandro etc.

How do those two make up for his loss? The only player who is as good as Hazard at what he does especially in terms of drilling and close control is Neymar.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

How do those two make up for his loss? The only player who is as good as Hazard at what he does especially in terms of drilling and close control is Neymar.

What I ment is that you will need to upgrade several positions in our first team to make up for a loss of Hazard, because the only ones that can replace him is Messi and Neymar and I would still prefer Hazard over those two. Messi is getting old and I think Hazard is a better team player then Neymar.

On 11/22/2017 at 10:46, BordeauxBlue said:

I can't see us selling Hazard when he has something like four of five years (IIRC) left on his contract.

Even for 200m I would like us to reconsider it.

Dybala, Pulisic, Milinkovic Savic, Werner...

A lot of young player who could be world class. But an established one? Not many of those around.

Really hope it is not with "Hazard money", but we need to talk an SMS signing into existence.  Guy is going to be top class.

22 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Really hope it is not with "Hazard money", but we need to talk an SMS signing into existence.  Guy is going to be top class.

I've been saying for some time that Milincovic Savic is going to be a worldbeater.

So far he hasn't dissapointed me. 

Top drawer.

Archived