Next Chelsea Manager

xXRuufioXx
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

The first bit of news has to be Conte's departure. No pics of Sarri holding a Chelsea shirt before then. It will happen eventually now that its pretty much confirmed just am a matter of time. 

Right I missed all these posts on statistics as a measure of a player's quality.

Stats are bollocks when used on their own. Reducing a player/match to simple quantitative data and numbers is like reviewing a movie rating it 7/10 without telling me what the plot of the movie and its characters are like. You need CONTEXT for everything or it will never be informative enough to base all your decisions off of stats only.

I remember Ozil passing the ball to Sanchez only for him to dribble past 3 players and curl it into the top corner. That counted as an assist for Ozil apparently even though he made a 5 yard pass and Sanchez did all the work. 

Stats can be used to supplement and aid you in making a judgement on a player but never as the sole deciding factor. 

Edited by zes

3 minutes ago, zes said:

Right I missed all these posts on statistics as a measure of a player's quality.

Stats are bollocks. Reducing a player/match to simple quantitative data and numbers is like reviewing a movie rating it 7/10 without telling me what the plot of the movie and its characters are like. You need CONTEXT for everything or it will never be informative enough to base all your decisions off of stats only.

I remember Ozil passing the ball to Sanchez only for him to dribble past 3 players and curl into the top corner. That counted as an assist for Ozil apparently even though he made a 5 yard pass and Sanchez did all the work. 

Stats can be used to supplement and aid you in making a judgement of a player but never as the sole deciding factor. 

What stats never tell you is who were the opposition, did they have an injury crisis, did we have an injury crisis, how many games had they/us played in the run up, who was he playing alongside (due to rotation, injuries etc), was it warm, was i cold, was it wet, was it dry, had he been travelling on international duty, had he been dropped from his international side, had his wife just had a baby, had his mistress just had a baby....was it the age of aquarius.......millions and millions of modifiers that are never taken into account. Stats are something you can look at and use alongside actually watching a player, but should never ever be read in isolation.

Pre season starts in 10 days. So it should be over one way or another by then. I really cant see conte coming back for preseason before getting sacked before the season starts. I suppose you never know with chelsea. 

I was really excited for sarri coming in, but this whole saga has really dragged on. 

I understand football is a complicated business, but 6 weeks to change a manager especially, one with a buy out clause seems excessive. 

In the end, we might have saved about £3m, but surely it would've been more productive to have paid the release clause, so sarri could've got himself settled before preseason, and the club could've put it's time and energy into purchasing and selling players, and sorting out contracts. 

With the window closing at the start of the season, we seem to have a mountain of work to be done in a short space of time. I'm expecting more dead line day deals, and players taking time to adapt having not had a preseason with us. 

Hopefully with fixtures appearing quite kind, it might not be too detrimental to our season.

32 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

I look forward to one day hearing the saga of what the feck actually ?happened during this period. ?

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

It could all be done and dusted and they club are putting the background stuff together. 

Or...it’s probably not. 

I understand the delay with Sarri's deal as it's complicated by a bunch of different factors and hope it'll be done soon but why haven't we fired Conte yet? Are we hoping that by some miracle some club comes in for him between now and when we sign Sarri? 

I want to move one from last season's shambles ASAP and seeing Conte fired will go a long way in curing my 5th place finish PTSD lol

19 minutes ago, CFC_montreal said:

I understand the delay with Sarri's deal as it's complicated by a bunch of different factors and hope it'll be done soon but why haven't we fired Conte yet? Are we hoping that by some miracle some club comes in for him between now and when we sign Sarri? 

I want to move one from last season's shambles ASAP and seeing Conte fired will go a long way in curing my 5th place finish PTSD lol

Apparently the club cannot sack him as they have not got his number and cant SMS him.