Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Is Sarri hiding behind the language now? To me it seems like it. Two pressers now in a row in italian. 

Him lashing out at players publically and change of language are not very positive signs. 

Now there will be huge pressure on him if Higuain flops. 

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Well there is no problem with Hazard he got the contract offer which he is happily ignoring for a month or so now.

Go ahead boycott the third manager it doesn't change the fact that as soon as the summer starts Hazard is off to Spain, he could have fought with all he's got but he prefers to once again play the big diva card, but as soon as this mentality stops the club will have the staff that are ready to once again fight for the club for real.

So it's all Hazard's fault.

Priceless :face_palm:

4 minutes ago, shedpensioner said:

Remember in the first half of the season we won the league, the football was really good? Hazard was on fire, then pragmatic Mourinho came along everything got tightened up, that’s when it went wrong.

I seem to remember Hazard pretty much single handedly dragging us to the title in the second half of that season. Certainly far away from your point that Hazard was poor due to being more rigid. If anything it was Costa, Cesc etc. that struggled.

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Well there is no problem with Hazard he got the contract offer which he is happily ignoring for a month or so now.

Go ahead boycott the third manager it doesn't change the fact that as soon as the summer starts Hazard is off to Spain, he could have fought with all he's got but he prefers to once again play the big diva card, but as soon as this mentality stops the club will have the staff that are ready to once again fight for the club for real.

Actually Sarri confirmed today that Hazard and the club are in discussions about the contract, I wouldn't call that ignoring it.

15 minutes ago, Nibs said:

So it's all Hazard's fault.

Priceless :face_palm:

If he isn't willing to play for the club and fight every third game because of some silly reason it's just excuses. And if Hazard has been ignoring the contract offer for a month it's obvious that he does think about leaving, Kante got an offer and signed it in a week or less.

The day Hazard becomes the player manager will be the day it's not his fault, otherwise I don't see how a world class player simply should refuse to play for his manager from time to time and not have the fault in that, I wonder how the world would look if doctors or teachers some days just refuse to do their jobs because you know, someone above them told them something to do different...

Sarri: "These players are hard to motivate. We don't have leaders in the squad"

Hazard: "I know I frustrate managers. I just like to play for fun. By the way, I'm still interested in Real Madrid"

Sarri: "Hazard is a great player, but.......Hazard isn't a leader. He needs to do more to fulfil his potential. He's individualistic. Part of his mind is in Madrid. I'd prefer him not to run his mouth to the press"

hmmmmm

Definitely some tension bubbling just beneath the surface. Hope HIguain means Hazard goes back to LW, which should ease things somewhat. Still.....would pay to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room this week. Star Player vs Manager at Chelsea? Hold onto your seats folks, things could get ugly real quick

Also interesting to note. Sarri feels Azpi and Luiz can become leaders...but are not at the moment. I wonder why? 

I do feel Sarri made a mistake with the whole captain thing at the beginning of the season. Didn't he faff around, said he had to take some time to decide who to give the captaincy to...and then end up going with Cahill?

IMO he should've gone with Azpi. If he had done so, maybe this "on pitch mentality" issue may not be as bad? 

Hindsight 20/20 of course

9 minutes ago, dustbin719 said:

Also interesting to note. Sarri feels Azpi and Luiz can become leaders...but are not at the moment. I wonder why? 

I do feel Sarri made a mistake with the whole captain thing at the beginning of the season. Didn't he faff around, said he had to take some time to decide who to give the captaincy to...and then end up going with Cahill?

IMO he should've gone with Azpi. If he had done so, maybe this "on pitch mentality" issue may not be as bad? 

Hindsight 20/20 of course

Pretty sure that Azpi has been the captain from the get go with Sarri, at first it seemed as a placeholder while Sarri made a final decision, but now has taken hold.  I don't think there has been an official decision from Sarri though, on who will be the captain going forward.

Nice Watch BTW, i think that was an honest opinion from him on all aspects, in the years Eden has been here i haven't noticed his leadership qualities, he sets a playing std that id pretty impossible to reach, but that's no  slur on him, Martinez sees fit to let him Captain Belgium

Fantastic analysis from Nouman on Youtube again. 

Teams know how we play, and how to stop us. Will Sarri make some adjustments for Spurs? A this point, I'm not holding my breath.  There's no plan B when Jorginho is pressed, patterns of play are far too predictable. The amount of times Alonso ends up as our striker is shocking.  This can't be all there is to Sarriball....right?

36 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Pretty sure that Azpi has been the captain from the get go with Sarri, at first it seemed as a placeholder while Sarri made a final decision, but now has taken hold.  I don't think there has been an official decision from Sarri though, on who will be the captain going forward.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/11/2/captain-cahill

Looks like Sarri announced Cahill in November, with Azpi as the on pitch captain. I know everyone says captains don't really matter anymore in modern football......until you realise you don't have one in your squad. Either way, I don't see how this arrangement helps team morale. I think only someone of Terry's stature can influence a team while not playing. Cahill's been a fantastic Chelsea player, but he's not Terry. 

1 hour ago, dustbin719 said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/11/2/captain-cahill

Looks like Sarri announced Cahill in November, with Azpi as the on pitch captain. I know everyone says captains don't really matter anymore in modern football......until you realise you don't have one in your squad. Either way, I don't see how this arrangement helps team morale. I think only someone of Terry's stature can influence a team while not playing. Cahill's been a fantastic Chelsea player, but he's not Terry. 

He was the only experienced English player in the side and had won countless trophies with us. I think Sarri's decision was a sentimental one initially, but then realised Cahill wasn't good enough to be a first team member so changed to Azpi. 

"31 and 32 is not really very old. I think that, for a striker, it's very difficult to score with continuity when they are 22, 23," Sarri added.

"So the best is from 27 to 32, 33. So I think they have the right age”

He needs to realise the PL is quicker & more physical than Serie A. 

11 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

Hazard: "I know I frustrate managers. I just like to play for fun. By the way, I'm still interested in Real Madrid"

Sarri: "Hazard is a great player, but.......Hazard isn't a leader. He needs to do more to fulfil his potential. He's individualistic. Part of his mind is in Madrid. I'd prefer him not to run his mouth to the press"

hmmmmm

Definitely some tension bubbling just beneath the surface. Hope HIguain means Hazard goes back to LW, which should ease things somewhat. Still.....would pay to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room this week. Star Player vs Manager at Chelsea? Hold onto your seats folks, things could get ugly real quick

This is out of context, Im pretty sure that's not what he said. When he said hazard is individualistic, it clearly wasn't a criticism highlighting tension. 

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

17 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

hmmmmm

@dkw What do you reckon, mate, Dipper or a Spud?  Or just a WUM?

19 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

hmmmmm

it’s just football babble. Everything gets over analysed. It’s what happens on the park that matters, not press conference titter tattle

2 hours ago, coco said:

If he continues to talk Italian to the media then people will translate it to suit.

He said it in English, but I'm not sure if 'individualistic' is the word he was even looking for, because he then turned to the interpreter, and came back with 'instinctive'. 

Obvioulsly the media will spin it in a negative light. It's been 6 months since the last chelsea in crisis nonsense, so I'm sure they are just waiting for an opportunity to stick the knife in. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

He said it in English, but I'm not sure if 'individualistic' is the word he was even looking for, because he then turned to the interpreter, and came back with 'instinctive'. 

Obvioulsly the media will spin it in a negative light. It's been 6 months since the last chelsea in crisis nonsense, so I'm sure they are just waiting for an opportunity to stick the knife in. 

Just waiting for the Abramovich still trying to sell Chelsea headlines. Its been a few weeks now. 

12 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

This is out of context, Im pretty sure that's not what he said. When he said hazard is individualistic, it clearly wasn't a criticism highlighting tension. 

Sorry guys, maybe it's just my frustration at the current Chelsea situation. This forum is my release lol

I just find the timing of this curious. If Sarri said this during preseason, I would have no issues.

However, right after 2 straight games of Hazard going AWOL in the striker position and playing as a LW instead? And also right after Hazard gives an interview saying that he frustrates Sarri and doesn't really care about achievements and trophies? 

Either way, I hope Higuain solves this issue and Hazard moves back to LW. 

Sorry if you guys think I'm trolling. I'm just a frustrated Chelsea supporter with a pessimistic streak. I don't want to see another second half capitulation and I hope Sarri sorts it out soon. I just don't think Sarri is helping himself giving these kinds of soundbytes to the media.