Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, charierre said:

You'll have me convinced soon, hope Marina isn't reading the thread

Oh sh*t, erm...hes a piss head tparty animal too so no chance we should sign him. 

That should sort it. 

He has scored only 15 goals in 115 Bundesliga appearances. One of our main problems is that our  forwards don't score enough. I hope we're not just adding to the same problem.  People can argue he is young and all that, but the club is paying 58million. 

It would be great if our scouts (if we have any) could uncover talents once in a while instead of always going for hyped players. I hope the club know what they're doing, but I'm not very convinced. 

Edited by TheSage
clarity

14 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

Sorry, not sure why've quote me on this point. Your post doesn't really make a lot of sense -- maybe you can try again and explain why the user shouldn't listen to 'yahoos' on reddit who are dortmund fans, and disregard any complains. And further why it's 'throwing your toys out of the pram' rather than voicing concerns that have been echoed similarly. 

I partially quoted you.  I don't give a toss about how much or otherwise you believe reddit posts, I quoted you saying "And Chelsea fans have every right to complain"

What right do you have to complain?  Why do you think you are entitled to anything from the club other than players doing their best on the pitch?  Why does the club owe you anything?

Does that now make sense??

36 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I partially quoted you.  I don't give a toss about how much or otherwise you believe reddit posts, I quoted you saying "And Chelsea fans have every right to complain"

What right do you have to complain?  Why do you think you are entitled to anything from the club other than players doing their best on the pitch?  Why does the club owe you anything?

Does that now make sense??

What is the point in partially quoting a response that heavily relates to a bigger one? Chelseabear referred to the idea of echoing complaints about signing a player like this as 'throwing your toys out of a pram'. My counter is that Chelsea fan has every right to complain when many fans from the seller club have voice concerns and complaints that make the idea of this transfer questionable. This is beyond throwing your toys out of a pram -- it's drawing criticism of a transfer that might very possibly not work in our favour. What else do we have to go on? Simply sit and accept 'well lets see how he does' rather  than expressing disgruntlement? 

You are aware this is a forum for discussion ? 

So yes, if you want to partially quote something like that, you should perhaps examine more  carefully why a comment like that was given in the  first place so you don't make any comments that don't address what was being stated. 

I'm not sure if  I'm reading this correctly, but what in the blue hell are you even trying to suggest here? This seems like a total strawman. Nobody said anything about the club owing somebody something personally -- the remit of the Chelsea board was not what my comment was addressing. 

In any case, football exists partially as a business - of which the fans are what contribute to such a business. If there  are things that the fans are not happy about, why don't fans bare any right to express disgruntlement instead of being labelled as somebody who throws their toys out of the pram? Are you going to say that people who  spend income don't have a right to complain that Torres from before or Morata when they watch them   at a game don't contribute to the pitch in a way

that at least shows some effort 

Or that Willian is limiting the goals and chances that Chelsea can create?

Edited by MANoWAR

Chelsea board is the best in Europe when it comes to buying benched players (Kovacic,Morata), Pulisic is the best of the bench that have the talent.

Worst case scenario is Pulisic being as inconsistant as Willian.

2 minutes ago, Remodez said:

I don't really want to scroll through 8 pages of people arguing with each other so can someone please explain why we have loaned him back to Dortmund? Has this been explained anywhere?

1) They wanted 80m for him now, reason is the squad is small so want the biggest if they are to win the title. 

Edited by MANoWAR

3 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

1) They wanted 80m for him now, reason is the squad is small so want the biggest if they are to win the title. 

Right, okay. 

Guess the club wasn't confident at the chances of getting him for cheaper in the summer then. 

6 hours ago, big blue said:

It seems everyone is quick to criticise the board for not getting big deals done early, and for not planning for the future. We have managed to tie up a highly rated player for next season already, he may not be every fans first choice, but there is no doubting he is a very good player for his age, and has the potential to excel under sarri. 

His output isn't particularly impressive, but I think it's important to remember just how young he is.

I've seen this can thorgan mentioned as an alternative, but what numbers had he put up at 20? What level was he playing at? How many of his goals are penalties? Perhaps most importantly, does he even fit into our system? 

I'm pretty excited anyway, our last 4 signings have now been Pulisic, Kovacic, Kepa, Jorginho. That to me is a massive improvement in the recruitment department, compared to what has gone in the 2 years prior.

My thoughts exactly. It's either the board are horrible at spending and wait until the last minute to buy players or they are overspending. The board can never win on anything unfortunately.

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

52 minutes ago, Remodez said:

Right, okay. 

Guess the club wasn't confident at the chances of getting him for cheaper in the summer then. 

Some speculation it had to do with the potential transfer ban as well - if we get hit with a one or two window ban on signing players, this may work in our advantage (different to the Keita/Liverpool deal one poster mused, which sounds about a right).

Any scouting reports worth linking to?  Never seen him play.  (Or if some  supporters want to post their thoughts that would be nice too.)

Ex-Dortmund players haven't always moved on well - not just Kagawa and Mkhitaryan in PL, but Gotze when he went to Bayern.  Their entire model is developing youngsters for sale (and they're willing to go a few years without trophies to do it, unlike us) and it seems to work... mostly.  

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/1/2/pulisic-transfer-agreed

Chelsea Football Club and Borussia Dortmund have agreed terms for the permanent transfer of Christian Pulisic.

Pulisic will spend the rest of the campaign on loan with Dortmund before linking up with the Blues ahead of the 2019/20 season.

The USA international, who plays as a right winger, or on the left or behind a striker, said: ‘In summer I move on to Chelsea and to a new competition, the English Premier League. It’s a privilege to have signed for such a legendary club and I look forward to working hard towards being a contributor to their team of world class players.’

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are delighted to have signed one of Europe’s most sought-after young players. Christian has shown his quality during a fantastic spell in Germany and at just 20, we believe he has the potential to become an important Chelsea player for many years to come. We look forward to welcoming him to Stamford Bridge in the summer and wish him and Dortmund every success for the remainder of the season.’

Christian Pulisic is now a Chelsea player, but will spend the rest of the season back on loan at Borussia Dortmund, where he has spent his entire career so far.

The 20-year-old has signed a five-and-a-half year contract, and becomes the third American player in our history after his international team-mate, Matt Miazga, and Roy Wegerle.

Agile, quick and two-footed, Pulisic is naturally a right winger, but is also comfortable playing on the left or behind a striker.

Born in Hershey, Pennsylvania, he is the son of two former footballers, and spent time in England as a child, where he played with Northamptonshire side Brackley Town before moving back to the States.

With a number of European clubs monitoring his progress, Pulisic signed for Dortmund as a 16-year-old in early 2015, quickly rising through the academy ranks to make his senior debut a year later.
His first half-season in the Bundesliga provided nine appearances and two goals, and he became a regular under Thomas Tuchel during the 2016/17 campaign, adding more than 60 league appearances over the next two years.

A series of minor injuries have limited Pulisic’s playing time this season, but he has still made 18 appearances, scoring three times, including a Champions League winner at Club Brugge in December.

A US international, Pulisic was voted his country’s Player of the Year in 2017, and has so far earned 23 caps, scoring nine times. He also holds a Croatian passport.

Admit to not knowing anything about him before today. I wish him every success with us.