Chelsea vs Man Utd (FA) Mon 18th Feb 19:30 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I can't even blame the determination of the players today, it's not that they aren't giving their all, It's just individual mistakes and poor tactics that is costing us. By persisting with the exact same tactics in every game, Sarri is inviting other coach's to take advantage of his weaknesses. 

Screw Sarri's Napoli side, that was Serie A, this is English football. You don't have anywhere near the amount of time on the ball that you get in Italy. The only reason why Sarri's system worked in Italy is because of the lack of intensity. English football always has and always will be about intensity off the ball and quick and direct attacks when on the ball.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 minutes ago, DiegoCostaLegend said:

I just don’t get it. Sarri‘s Napoli was a great team, what has he done here?

He had better and more comitted players, they always knew exactly what the game plan was. Besides Chelsea has been having a terrible player signing strategy for a while despite having a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, coco said:

everyone is under performing, everyone is making mistakes, but lets blame the gaffer.

Ofc, at this point everyone is to be blamed. An even 50:50 game and suddenly 2 goals in our net after 2 shots, time after time again this season. No defense, attack predictable and slow. 

Dont think it matters if we lose this one by 8 and to city in the final by 10. Roman is not going to act. He is not as involved and, dare I say, does not care as much anymore. Sadly the rival fans were right in predicting he would become bored with us.

I think sarri stays until we have no chance of CL next year.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Yeah, and they have done for months now and the manager is still playing the same system, the same underperforming players and done nothing tactically.

He's the damn man who's in charge of changing things when its not working. 

Right so name the replacement players? Or a new manager imposing his system should scrap that because players gone though a dip as they have under different managers, and just try something new contest to his philosophy that worked a treat at Napoli and either for us early in the season 

3 minutes ago, DiegoCostaLegend said:

I just don’t get it. Sarri‘s Napoli was a great team, what has he done here?

This is the challenge that no one seems to have anticipated. It's a different league with different demands. Teams are disciplined and don't break their structure, they are also more physical and more willing to wait and counter. 

Sarriball is a busted flush in English football.

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

I thought Jorginho has been very good.

When I saw Jorginho in our pre-season games I thought he would give us lots of trouble.  He is sloppy, his vision is not that good, he is weak in one-to one contacts, he is very slow and has no appetite for attack.

But Sarri insists playing him, so we are stuck.

Once again school boy from experienced (so called) players. Luiz on that second goal was going away from the ball, not towards it. How much sense does it take to run towards Rashford close him down? Stupidity.

I gotta shake my head at our defenders. Azpilicueta can't beat the first man with his cross, Alonso doesn't put in crosses AT ALL, and Luiz showing no football IQ in regards to defending. 

We have had chances to score at least one, but haven't been clinical. Hazard needs to start cutting in more to shoot as he's wasting his ability keep trying to beat his man and put a left footed cross in. 

We have played pretty well up until 2nd goal imo. We seriously lack a goal scorer in midfield like, well, Pogba tbh. Too many defensive players in midfield with very little creativity. 

Two standouts, the first goal none of our m/f was following Hereira's run.

Higuaín had broke through and was tackled on his 2nd touch why the hell didn't he hit it after the 1st touch.

Ref has been decent in booking two united players though not sure Rashford has taken two head injures or is faking it.