Sign in to follow this  
axman2526

Philippe Coutinho

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/5/13/18617713/barcelona-expect-chelsea-approach-for-philippe-coutinho-report

Thank but no thanks Barca, would rather stick with CHO, Pulisic and RLC wherever you would intend to play Coutinho.

Knowing our people in charge of signings though we will spend 150mill plus Willian on him to make a statement lol......

Posted (edited)

Where would he play? LW or AM? I swear he is played out of position at Barca and played his best stuff at AM out on the left for Liverpool a bit further back. Would rather spend the likely £100 million on 2 other players. We could probably get Pepe and Telles for the same price.

Edited by rtwelch

38 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I’m kind of torn, he’s a phenomenal talent and would be an asset if used properly. But if we were to sign him he’d likely he over priced and would likely halt someone else’s development.

24 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Where would he play? LW or AM? I swear he is played out of position at Barca and played his best stuff at AM out on the left for Liverpool a bit further back. Would rather spend the likely £100 million on 2 other players. We could probably get Pepe and Telles for the same price.

I'd love to have him at a cut rate price. As you said he's a great talent and if Barca are so keen to get rid of him then let's get Marina haggling. 

I think he'd be great on the left where he could cut inside and combine with RLC. He stood out as a false 9 when he was at Liverpool as well. You could even have him play AM opposite of RLC if we need to chase a game. 

I'd rather see if we can get Dybala from Juventus if we can buy players. But I wouldn't turn Coutinho down for a decent price.

6 hours ago, zes said:

No thank you. Barcelona fans want him out for a reason. We need leaders and consistent performers not hollywood signings who score a 30 yarder every now and then.

Couldn't agree more. I know the guy has been out of position at Barcelona, but he shouldn't be as poor as he has been. Even at Liverpool he blew hot and cold as often as Oscar did for us.

I don't want us to go anywhere near him. He's a player that looks good in highlights shows, but if you watch him in a full match, he's often quite poor.

Posted (edited)

He was pretty damn good for Liverpool in this league. I think YouTube player is very harsh. Sometimes it doesn’t work out for players. Heck Bergkamp was w**k for Inter and phenomenal at Arsenal. 

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

He can be inconsistent but knows this league well and is a really good player when used properly.

My worry is we would be buying someone when their confidence is low again, and he wouldn't be cheap either. 

You don't get the best out of him by playing him on the wing but I don't want to see him come in and block RLC's path into the first team in an attacking midfield slot. 

If we're happy to throw £80-100m at one player I'd rather we went all in on a quality striker personally, I think that would do more to improve the team than what Coutinho offers. 

Our rumoured interest in Courtinho has been doing the rounds for quite a while now though, so I think there's quite a big chance we'll try and sign him if we avoid the ban. 

Posted (edited)

We are already a small team, so another short player wouldn't be high on my list ( 🙂 ) , especially when you look at the strides Liverpool have made since he left, and his lack of impact at Barcelona ... and how stupidly expensive he'd be (more than we are likely to get for Hazard for a player who isn't as good ... )

Edited by Sexyfootball

No thanks, didn't really see what he had to offer at Liverpool apart from the odd goal cutting in from left and curling it in. We need a couple of strikers, get rid of Higuain, Giroud, and Bats, and have two quality ones with Tammy. Then again if ban sticks we are knackered  up front.

He's just the guy Liverpool used to bring on as a last ditch attempt to do a thunderbasterd. If we needed that then we should go for James Rodriguez, cheaper and a slightly better player overall.

5 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Good player, experienced in the PL. But I'm happy with Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Exactly Ruben is and should remain the main man and his back up/competitors should be Mason Mount and Ross Barkley. I would not swap Ruben for Coutinho, even with no cash involved. The Hazard money (if we are allowed) needs to go to areas we NEED to improve in.

1. A striker, get shot of Higuain, Batman and Giroud, spend big on Jovic or someone like that and have Tammy as the competition.

2. Someone else Sarri (if he stays) is happy with as a Jorginho alternative.

3. Other true wide player options, get shot of Willian and Pedro and look at someone like Pepe or maybe Fraser to go with CHO and Pulisic.

4. A good left back, I believe I heard we are looking at Porto's Telles for 40mill. I would get rid of Emerson and keep Alonso as back up.

5. If money is let over then a quality ball playing center back. If not then we can live Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen and one of Zouma/Tomori and dave as another backup. Though that defense would rule us out of the title race imo.

I think I would prefer not to sign him. While he did play well for Liverpool he seems like a younger Pedro, except with Pedro you know he's going to play hard regardless. While we do need a winger since Hazard is all but gone, I think the addition of Pulisic lessens that a bit. Enough to where we can focus on bringing in a striker and a left back. To me, those are the two biggest areas of concern for us. It doesn't mean we don't need additional pieces but that those 2 areas are of higher need.

So Greizmann is going to Barca after they triggered his release clause. I reckon Barca are expecting us to repay that to them for this fella.

Should have just got Greizmann ourselves lol...yeah I know never was likely. Just please do not be so stupid as to sign this overrated and selfish Brazilian Marina.

23 hours ago, rtwelch said:

I dunno about that I think we have made the mistake of buying lots of mediocre players before, I believe the opposite but players that will instantly improve the squad, imagine courtinio or Barkley and kova, I’d rather have a courtinio standards player for double the price and have a youth player as his back up than 2 ok players that don’t do much