Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I gave TT a lot of credit on Thursday for beating the Victims, I am now retracting that credit as it appears anyone can beat them, even that mob from Putney 😂😂

(this is a joke before some posters leap up & down)

They'll be kicking you in your own 14 eyelet DMs....bosh

Not sure if it is because it is Monday but I have this negative view on our system. We are basically Sheffield Utd. They played this 5 at back in perfection last season. Even this season when they lost every game they played they only lost 0-1 many of them. 

If we scored 3-5 goals per game you would say this is exciting. Now it simply isn't. 

Anyway I understand 100% why Tuchel did this. He had to solidify the side with wins. He had the job to make top 4. He really didn't f**k about. He looked at the most probable (for winning) system with the crop we have. 

Next term and the summer window probably gives us more answers in terms of the football we will play under Tuchel. On a personal note I think if we do continue to play this 5 at back next season I am okay with it as long as we score more than now and keep on winning. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Not sure if it is because it is Monday but I have this negative view on our system. We are basically Sheffield Utd. They played this 5 at back in perfection last season. Even this season when they lost every game they played they only lost 0-1 many of them. 

If we scored 3-5 goals per game you would say this is exciting. Now it simply isn't. 

Anyway I understand 100% why Tuchel did this. He had to solidify the side with wins. He had the job to make top 4. He really didn't f**k about. He looked at the most probable (for winning) system with the crop we have. 

Next term and the summer window probably gives us more answers in terms of the football we will play under Tuchel. On a personal note I think if we do continue to play this 5 at back next season I am okay with it as long as we score more than now and keep on winning. 

We aren't playing 5 at the back though all game, it is a 3-4-3 with ability to have players drop back when required.

As for goals, we have had the chances but just can't take them, once the confidence is there we should be cable of scoring a minimum of two goals per game.

The last game should gave the players confidence going forward, although it was only against a Liverpool team just lost 6 on the run. We showed we could move the ball faster, play it out against fast pressing, and take chances with the passes instead of playing safe. The defence is becoming really solid, and we should be comfortable knowing we don't need 70% of the possession to keep the opposition out. I expect us to be more adventurous in attack, and just hope someone start to smash them in.

2 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

We aren't playing 5 at the back though all game, it is a 3-4-3 with ability to have players drop back when required.

As for goals, we have had the chances but just can't take them, once the confidence is there we should be cable of scoring a minimum of two goals per game.

I think even when we were playing well in the early part of the season and the players had some wind in their sails even at that point we were not very clinical, against Leeds, Newcastle & Sheffield we missed a huge number of chances before putting some of them away. The reality is that we lack a clinical striker who will take the half chance in tight games or the solitary opportunity per game however we need to create approximately 2 or 3 big chances before we convert one of them into goals.

My view on the the root cause of this issue is we have players in terms of age/experience at 2 opposite spectrums, they are either too young or too old. Strikers and forward players tend to be at their peak between the ages of 27-31 however we only have Ziyech who falls into that category: Pulisic, Werner, Mount, Tammy & CHO are all 25 or under and Giroud is mid 30's. I think as the players develop they will start becoming more clinical, but the priority in the next window should be to bring in someone elite within that age group (Lukaku?) to help us whilst the younger players get up to speed.

Indeed - I'd love to see him bring him in some top talent from France. Camavinga or Auoar..would certainly help having a coach that knows you rather well and also speaks the language. Not sure about the PSG academy youngsters that are all basically top notch since Chelsea has those already in abundance regarding quantity and quality I guess.

Read transfer interests about Konaté - wouldn't mind seeing him here as well.. 🙂

Edited by weetee

26 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

Just like Sarri brought Jorginho, and Frank brought Mason, maybe TT for his first window could do us a little favor and bring Mbappe.

He'd be an upgrade over Timo that's for sure. We still need a CB and striker though

10 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

First manager in PL history to get all clean sheets in the first 5 home games played.

Well, it’s early days but he is definitely showing some really good signs.

we look so good defensively, reminds of the the early abramovic era. Where we would basically never concede.

Makes me wonder at times what the hell  was lampard doing with the team defensively. we were pretty atrocious tbh. Probably lack of experience and slight naivety but you live and learn.

Edited by Jezq8

Probably our best all round performance under Tuchel tonight. 

Continued to look really solid defensively but created quite a lot of good goal scoring chances and showed more willingness to take on shots from distance too. 

Squad management is looking good too. He's managing the game time really well for a lot of players and resting players when he sees the opportunity. 

Well done Tommy Tactics, hopefully we can keep this up for the remainder of the season. 

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Continued to look really solid defensively but created quite a lot of good goal scoring chances and showed more willingness to take on shots from distance too. 

Squad management is looking good too. He's managing the game time really well for a lot of players and resting players when he sees the opportunity. 

Well done Tommy Tactics, hopefully we can keep this up for the remainder of the season. 

Yep, have to say I am impressed with the squad management. He seems to have a knack of selecting the right side for each game - bar the Southampton match.

And what has improved 100% is the game management. Helps when the defence is solid and you're keeping clean sheets but we are seeing games out relatively comfortably.

10/10 all round today.

::clap2::

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Looks like we learned from the Liverpool game, we need to move the ball quickly before the opposition get back into shape.

Well done TT

6 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Looks like we learned from the Liverpool game, we need to move the ball quickly before the opposition get back into shape.

Well done TT

The difference in intensity was night and day compared to our previous games. It helps our forwards a lot