Paul Canoville critically ill

charierre
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

59 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

He's overcome a lot of adversity in his life to date ... a hugely resilient and impressive character ... I really hope he's going to get through this latest chapter. Best wishes Paul !

100% this. He's been through incredibly tough times. Just hope he can overcome the latest setback. All the very best, Canners.

Standing in the shed back in the day, and  the game wasn't going our way, the shed would sing "wake up Chelsea, Wake up Chelsea" in frustration, then you would look across to the touchline and Canners would start to warm up, "Canoville, Canoville, Canoville would ring out, and you knew the Calvary was on its way! Sheffield Wednesday away 4-4 iconic game, Canners ripped them apart second half. Get well soon

All the best to him. I'm slightly too young to remember him as a player, but I read his biography about 10 years ago and he definitely had an eventful life. That first generation of black players had balls of steel to endure the abuse they received.

I hope that it is an exaggeration from the Daily Mail

however whatever condition you are in Paul, you been an inspiration to me and many others of my era, my thoughts are with you all the best for a quick recovery 

51 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Had to put up with mindless racism 40 years later and footballers are getting racist abuse on social media we haven't come very far have we ?.

I was at the infamous Palace game still haunts me how our fans and it wasn't a minority behaved that day.

I was at his home debut. Our crowd was shameful that day, too.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...