Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

15 hours ago, Argo said:

Problem is Lukaku has previous, at both us and United he went off to train at Anderlect because he was told he had to fight for his place, after seeing Mount knuckle down, use our signings as motivation to make himself an untouchable (and that's before I mention Lampard/Drogba doing the same for our previous generation) do we really want someone in who believes he's entitled to the silver spoon? Tuchel won't be afraid to drop him if he's not performing to standard and he will become a serious problem in the locker room if that situation arises.

I have serious reservations due to the fact I don't believe he's good enough but I may have been talked into seeing the plus side if he had a decent attidute. He's got the ego of a bonafide superstar without the ability level to back it up. 

Do not want!

I don't want him either, but if Tommy wants this move, then surely you should be onboard as well. Hopefully it's all bollocks and Tammy stays to fight for his place, and we replace Giroud with Broja, i would like to see what Tommy can do with Broja, saving loads of money in the bargain, which we could use to eventually break the transfer record for a CB replacement for Silva in the next 12 months.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ducavis said:

I hope those calling for Aguero are watching him v Crystal Palace. I think he is finished.

I couldn't catch the game earlier, so just watched the last 10 minutes, but saw that he scored City's first and at the 88th min made a good movement in the box outpacing his markers, which shows me he may still got the legs to start and finish games.

May I ask what is it that you saw? Not disagreeing at all, just curious as I really wanted to see more of him today to evaluate his possible contribution to our team next season.

Edited by Brigadeiro

Re Lukaku, I have seen him (not in recent couple of months) at Inter on several occasions.

He can score some decent goals though never seems to fit the flow of the side, more like there is team + Lukaku rather than there is team and Lukaku is one of the players.

2 hours ago, coco said:

I don't want him either, but if Tommy wants this move, then surely you should be onboard as well. Hopefully it's all bollocks and Tammy stays to fight for his place, and we replace Giroud with Broja, i would like to see what Tommy can do with Broja, saving loads of money in the bargain, which we could use to eventually break the transfer record for a CB replacement for Silva in the next 12 months.

The thing is Lukaku is just so far out from how Tuchel likes to play it doesn't make any sense, the two biggest demands of Tuchel ball (pressing and retaining possession) are his two major weaknesses. I can't help but feel this would turn into a Bayern/Gomez situation where despite a decent goal record we'll need to drop him if we truly want to hit a further height.

I agree with the last part but I would switch Broja with Soonsup Bell, beyond convinced by that guy.

1 hour ago, Brigadeiro said:

I couldn't catch the game earlier, so just watched the last 10 minutes, but saw that he scored City's first and at the 88th min made a good movement in the box outpacing his markers, which shows me he may still got the legs to start and finish games.

May I ask what is it that you saw? Not disagreeing at all, just curious as I really wanted to see more of him today to evaluate his possible contribution to our team next season.

Aguero hasn't played many games so is probably not in top form as well. I'd be willing to give him a go but he would probably want a big contract on or near 200k and 3 years.

I'm not certain Lukaku is one of our prime targets it could just be random speculation from the media. I'm not certain but I can't remember hearing anything from any trusted sources that we are definitely interested. Ofc its not even the summer yet so we'll have to see, but £100m for a former player does not fit our MO that's more Man U.

5 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Aguero hasn't played many games so is probably not in top form as well. I'd be willing to give him a go but he would probably want a big contract on or near 200k and 3 years.

Yeah, I'd be willing to give anyone a chance, even on high wages, before spending 65m+ on Lukaku (and the same 200k wages), including spending it all on high quality protein bars for Tammy and Billy, and a new pet for Timo to regain some joy in his life. 

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

I hope those calling for Aguero are watching him v Crystal Palace. I think he is finished.

He scored and I think got the MOTM today. He’s class finisher, but I’d prefer someone younger.

With the way we set up now, might be better going for dybala, martinez, or greizmann, mobile forwards who can play across the front.

Lukaku scores goals wherever he goes, and his game looks to be more polished now, but i dont think he presses too well, so that could be an issue. 

Haaland is ideal but too expensive by the sounds of things.

Kane is complete non starter.

On 01/05/2021 at 12:14, LongtimerLurker said:

I don't disagree but, if CR7 would be willing to change his game from a floating LW to an out and out striker he could function as a target man. That's why I was saying he could be the Giroud replacement. We have the creative players just not the elite marksman to convert the chances. I'd give the possibility of us singing him at no more than 1% but would you seriously be opposed if the opportunity presented itself?

Genuinely wouldn't want him unless he's on a free, on low wages, and willing to play a Giroud-style role.

He's been playing as a 'pure' forward for a few years now - he's more static than Ibrahimovic!

I see the noises from Europe have changed over Haaland, Barca now managing a pay cut with Messi to get the funds for Haaland. Real Madrid making similar noises.

Looking less likely he will come anywhere near us. 

Don't fancy Aguero not sure why.

On 01/05/2021 at 13:45, coco said:

I've seen a bit of Broja and he looks a more natural finisher than Abraham though when I've seen him he has looked a bit sluggish, didn't see a turn a pace.  

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I see the noises from Europe have changed over Haaland, Barca now managing a pay cut with Messi to get the funds for Haaland. Real Madrid making similar noises.

Looking less likely he will come anywhere near us. 

Don't fancy Aguero not sure why.

I never genuinely thought we were in for Haaland, we’re just not a big enough club.

The Aguero ship sailed years ago for us.

Icardi anyone? 

Missed a lot of football this year through injury but at 28 is at his peak. 

Otherwise, would Danny Ings be worth a punt? 

It's hard to see who out there is going to be available and a definite upgrade on what we already have. 

A look at Europe's top goal scorers and it's the usual suspects at the top with Andre Silva of Frankfurt the only surprise name in the top 10.

19 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Icardi anyone? 

It's hard to see who out there is going to be available and a definite upgrade on what we already have. 

A look at Europe's top goal scorers and it's the usual suspects at the top with Andre Silva of Frankfurt the only surprise name in the top 10.

Nah - he's not dedicated enough ... supposed to be on the injury list at Saints, and he was playing golf at Goodwood yesterday LOL

On 01/05/2021 at 08:45, coco said:

I'm not sure why Tammy would fight for his place here.  

Don't get me wrong, Tuchel has made Chelsea a strong team and I think he's a good coach.  But one thing I just can not understand is why after watching Werner blow chance after chance. . . EASY chances that Tammy and Giroud don't get much of a shot.

I like everything else Werner brings to the table but I'm not sure how much I can stand more of this

On 02/05/2021 at 14:04, ForeverCarefree said:

Icardi anyone? 

He has been unimpressive for PSG so far tonight.

Now we are in 2 prestige finals, we are even more of a brilliant proposition, Kane must be glancing across london, and thinking, "If only i played for these bad boys",  we are going to be beating off would be suitors that  want to play for us....

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Now we are in 2 prestige finals, we are even more of a brilliant proposition, Kane must be glancing across london, and thinking, "If only i played for these bad boys",  we are going to be beating off would be suitors that  want to play for us....

Kane is undoubtedly a good striker but not sure that he is player that would flourish in out system. Marcus Rashford would probably be a better fit.