Spuds v Chelsea (PL) Sun 19th Sep KO 16:30 BST

coco

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I think we need a win. If we want to win the league, we can't be falling behind. These next two games could be huge.

the title is still well within our grasp if we draw, spuds need to win, hopefully that means they come out to play and we can take advantage of their cocksure nature.

I can never be confident with Kepa in goal. 

Dont really like the line up, but not going to complain too much, because i havent liked the line up a lot in the big games under Tuchel, but we have won most them.

I don't feel this will be a classic. Hopefully we make it 3 on spin at their new stadium.

Just now, PloKoon13 said:

After seeing the lineup (and hearing about Mendy being a medium-term absentee) I've gone from quiet confidence to mild apprehension. Think this calls for a whisky...

See how easy it was for you to turn to the bottle, legend.

8 minutes ago, STATS said:

Could be wrong but just feel the team looks way too defensive. Not enough pace for me and I feel we should be doing more to pose a threat to them offensively.

This has been the case since the beginning of the season

Lads let's hope that the super cup win has given Kepa the confidence to go big when we need him this season. We were always going to have to rely on him because of the African Cup.

He's helped us win a trophy already this season let's believe in him. We dont give away too many chances anyway let's hope when he's called into action he does his job.

1 minute ago, big blue said:

I can never be confident with Kepa in goal. 

Dont really like the line up, but not going to complain too much, because i havent liked the line up a lot in the big games under Tuchel, but we have won most them.

I don't feel this will be a classic. Hopefully we make it 3 on spin at their new stadium.

Aside from the disaster of Kepa, if Kante is not quite ready it makes sense not to start him as Kova is playing really well. 

Only compliant I have is no Timo. Dier is as slow as a tank and we only have Lukakus pace against him. Much better if Timl is running at him imo.

I mean we go from relying on a solid foundation of mendy to needing to score 5 to win today perhaps. Guess that depends on how many shots Spuds get on target. 

If they get 5, 4 of them are goals lol....🤮

17 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I think we need a win. If we want to win the league, we can't be falling behind. These next two games could be huge.

Given the jammy run Utd and Liverpool are on having yet to face any real serious teams (except us in Liverpools case) a point today away from home against a top team will be a decent result...3 points now that Mendy is out would be even better. A defeat this early in the season is not going to be a disaster other than listening to Spurs fans for a week.  Although early days we don't need to be falling too far behind our immediate rivals.  

Just now, Vagabond said:

Ha! I usually just don't like to predict games, but there's no doubt in my mind we will smash them. It's Tottenham.

I like the spirit! I’m the same re predictions, but unlike you won’t make an exception today 🙂