Cesc Fabregas

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

54 minutes ago, big blue said:

He looked better in that number 8 role than he has deputising for jorginho. 

Unless we have a replacement lined up, it seems strange to let him go midseason, especially on a free which has been mooted. 

The squad lacks goal scorers, but we also lack players that can see and play that killer ball, and fabregas was IS one of the best in business at that. 

Agree with everything here, as soon as he came on last night he made a massive difference, Barkley was offering nothing for most of the game, as soon as Cesc came on we were seeing him thread those fantastic passes and actually creating chances

The issue i dont think is the clubs, rather that Sarri doesnt actually play him. He wants to leave for more game time, not to sign a new contract and just sit on the bench. 

You could see in his little cameo yesterday how much difference he makes to a side with barely any creativity, bar hazard.

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

I think it's just a case of respecting the player's wishes. He's been a good player for us and a model professional, so if he wants to move on then I'd like to think we're not the sort of club to hold him back.

Obviously I hope he decides to stay (and signs a contract extension) and clearly Sarri does too, but I think he's already halfway out the door.

Yeah I presume you're right.

I am all for respecting the wishes of loyal servants, but first and foremost it can't be at the expense of what is best for the club. I just hope that if we are letting him go (I hope we aren't) then we have someone in mind to fill the gaping void that will be left in the squad.

Apparently its a 10 mill euro fee and hes on for a 3 1/2 year contract there. However when he leaves and IF Jorginho becomes unavailable - e.g. injury, suspension or a rest, then WTF is going to be the metronome in Sarri's untouchable 4-3-3 ? 

More baffling transfer business from the Russian Bird ? Or rewarding a loyal servant ? Or an example of how the inflexible over 30 contract policy is not serving  the club ?

1 hour ago, General said:

then WTF is going to be the metronome in Sarri's untouchable 4-3-3 ? 

I've posted before, but I like David Luiz in that spot.

Denis Suarez seems to be another name on the market, but why he'd trade Barcelona's bench for ours is a mystery.

5 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

so do I, but he can't get a game now... no way is he put into what we can think of as the most important position on the field for Sarri.

I take that point, and this is not a dig at you, but that is why I mentioned groomed for that position. For me Ampadu has the composure under pressure, skill, and passing, to operate in that position. We shall see what occurs, but I personally prefer him in midfield to defence. 

What we need is somebody with Fabregas passing range in that attacking midfield position. The way he set Morata up vs Southampton is something we are desperate for. Too many times the likes of Kovacic and Barkley take the safe option. We basically need somebody similar to Fabregas but with better mobility and a bit of pace in him.

Utter utter madness again from Chelsea!!!

take the last game. He created 2 chances from which 1 should of been taken as soon as he comes in. The team looked instantly better

all sarri golden boy does is knock hundreds of passes around with ctreating jack

nakes my piss boil this sort of short sighted bs

Well, he's definitely leaving.........I think it's a mistake. We should be waiting until the summer before letting him go. 

I hope we aren't leaving ourselves short again, we tend to do this often. We let players go and struggle to bring anybody in to replace them and then panic buy when the window is about to shut.

What happens if Jorginho get's injured? Who comes in to replace him? Also, Jorginho has really struggled of late, we have no other option but to keep playing him now.

3 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I used to hate him when he was at Arsenal. Could never imagine him wearing a Chelsea shirt, but what a wonderful signing he turned out to be. Classy man, too.

I'm going to miss him. Thanks for everything, Cesc.

I think that's what makes this even more amazing, the emotion surrounding him leaving and the fact he's so highly thought of by Chelsea fans is wonderful considering his history. 

Thanks for everything Cesc, good luck for the future.