Mike 93

Willian

22 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

The bloke's 53 years old.  He's not going to  improve.

AGEIST! 

Willian has been excellent this season, I would say he's certainly improved, I think he's got another year left in him. I'm not expecting him to start games, but he'll be a good squad player. 

His performance today is why people get so pissed off with him. He just didn't look interested.

Awful wing play throughout, he couldn't be bothered to take on his man all day, no matter how many 1v1's he had. He would just pass it back to a midfielder every time. The chance he had and should have scored from just summed his whole day up. A dogsh*t performance from Willian today, and as the most senior member of our team, he should be setting a better example. The only thing we can't criticise him for was his usual awful corner kicks, because we had Hudson-Odoi on them, who was probably even worse than Willian usually is from them.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

His performance today is why people get so pissed off with him. He just didn't look interested.

Awful wing play throughout, he couldn't be bothered to take on his man all day, no matter how many 1v1's he had. He would just pass it back to a midfielder every time. The chance he had and should have scored from just summed his whole day up. A dogsh*t performance from Willian today, and as the most senior member of our team, he should be setting a better example. The only thing we can't criticise him for was his usual awful corner kicks, because we had Hudson-Odoi on them, who was probably even worse than Willian usually is from them.

I thought he played better than CHO, but CHO looked like he wanted to set the pace, Willian looked quite disinterested, his head didn't look in it at all. He had a good 15 minutes at the end of the first half, besides that, really poor. 

Has been better lately but was really poor today.

At the end of the day he gets around 5 goals and 5 assists per season.

This is the low standard we have set for ourselves so we reap what we sow.

Edited by 2211

57 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This

Not just willian for this, but we got 3v2 or 3v3 quite a few times in the second half, and the movement and pass selection was terrible, didn't even end in a shot on goal. 

Standard willian performance that we have seen over the years, some glimpses, but not enough quality at times. 

Still better than mount, and Cho though. 

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

is performance today is why people get so pissed off with him. He just didn't look interested.

At least today was the exception for this season instead of the rule. 

That he is considered our #10 and a crucial player is indiciitive of our place in the table and our results. That's not Willian's fault. He is who he is... 

57 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

awful attitude today , so easy to play against When in this mood, should have been hooked 

What's your twitter handle, so I can unfollow. 

Back to his normal self. Had more of a purple patch this season bit this is the Willian we have seen through most of his Chelsea career.

I still personally hope this is his last season with us.

I’m sure the club are tempted from a financial position to sell but at this late stage, we can’t bring anyone decent in to replace 

maybe with dembele coming the other way. 

Seriously though, why would Barcelona offer £20m for a player they dont need, and who is available on a free in 6 months. 

More bs i think

On 15/01/2020 at 04:42, Boyne said:

Rangers have commissioned a study to look at increasing the capacity of Ibrox. One of the suggestions is about replacing the big screens at both ends of the Sandy Jardine stand with seats and increasing the capacity by about 6,000. Current capacity is just under 51,000. Given the current demand for tickets those extra seats would soon be taken.

I'll still never get a ticket.

5 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

He’s going to end up at Barcelona one way or another. They’ve wanted him for so long, wouldn’t be surprised to see him there next season.

How does anyone know if Barca have wanted him? It's only ever been reports in the news and if Barca wanted him that bad he would have been playing there by now, 20m or a free so I wouldnt be surprised if the deal happened as his cheap.

Edited by Ernie_blue

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lol more barca BS. It were serious bite their hands off. 

20mill now or free in the summer. Is a no brainer lol.

What's 20 million if we lose one our best players in a position we barely have any options in? 

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

He’s going to end up at Barcelona one way or another. They’ve wanted him for so long, wouldn’t be surprised to see him there next season.

Not if Chelsea offer another contract. He said he's happy at Chelsea. 

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lol more barca BS. It were serious bite their hands off. 

20mill now or free in the summer. Is a no brainer lol.

Not when we lose 50m in revenue from missing out on the CL if he leaves in this window.