Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

12 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Not sure if being light hearted but defiantly the biggest PL club and a good argument for the biggest in the world http://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-popular-football-clubs/

They have 3 Euiropean Cups compared to Barca's 5, Milan's 7 and Madrid's 10. Biggest PL club yes, but do the inflated viewership figures - which come as a result of the way the league is marketed/shown across the world - make them bigger than the others? Not for me.

Edit: we're 4th on the list you posted, we're nowhere near 4th biggest club in the world.

Edited by Samdwich

6 minutes ago, Samdwich said:

They have 3 Euiropean Cups compared to Barca's 5, Milan's 7 and Madrid's 10. Biggest PL club yes, but do the inflated viewership figures - which come as a result of the way the league is marketed/shown across the world - make them bigger than the others? Not for me.

Edit: we're 4th on the list you posted, we're nowhere near 4th biggest club in the world.

nowhere near? I would argue Madrid, Barca, Bayern and United are definitely bigger clubs. Maybe Juventus. Other than that, I can't think of any. And if anyone dares to bring up Liverpool in the 'big club' debate then it becomes a mockery. Big clubs are teams who win trophies on a consistent basis, are consistently in the later stages of european competition and are desirable clubs for big players. We definitely fit that criteria.

I read some random article about how Jose, Pep and Conte are the ruthless managers. Judging by what happened so far, I think Conte is far more 'gentle' than the other 2. He hasn't forced any players out yet, the ones have left because they wanted to leave. In the case of Cesc, Conte still picked him when the timing is right, and even the player himself acknowledged the Manager's choice in a positive way. Compare that to what happened to the former German captain, Toure, Hart etc, Conte handled the dressing room pretty well.

With signing Eduardo we have three international keepers, one world class, one very good and one decent, so we are well stocked in that area.

When Mourinho left the first time we neglected the back up positions to the point f**king Turnbull was the number two for three years, at least Conte by the looks of it isn't going to let that happen.

1 hour ago, Samdwich said:

They have 3 European Cups compared to Barca's 5, Milan's 7 and Madrid's 10. Biggest PL club yes, but do the inflated viewership figures - which come as a result of the way the league is marketed/shown across the world - make them bigger than the others? Not for me.

Think that's in terms of fans, which makes sense, they sell more shirts and hence Adidas pay them twice what they pay Real, also their value is about the same as Real and Barca 3 Billion and change whereas we are about half that in value, in any case point was he is at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

7 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Think that's in terms of fans, which makes sense, they sell more shirts and hence Adidas pay them twice what they pay Real, also their value is about the same as Real and Barca 3 Billion and change whereas we are about half that in value, in any case point was he is at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I don't disagree, they're one of the biggest but for me it's clear that Madrid and Barca occupy #1 and #2 respectively and no amount of London based Manure fans can tell me otherwise

7 hours ago, Samdwich said:

I don't disagree, they're one of the biggest but for me it's clear that Madrid and Barca occupy #1 and #2 respectively and no amount of London based Manure fans can tell me otherwise

I agree those 2 are bigger but not by far depending on how you gauge the ambiguous "big" termanology. As for London based Man U fans: I remember trying to get tickets outside Wembley for what must have been an FA cup final between us and UTD about 10 years ago and ended up watching it in a local pub, I was amazed to see how many London accents were inside in Man U shirts and how they were  literally in tears when Drog scored in extra time....baffling. Each to his own I suppose, it's not a crime even if skeev worthy.

18 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I read some random article about how Jose, Pep and Conte are the ruthless managers. Judging by what happened so far, I think Conte is far more 'gentle' than the other 2. He hasn't forced any players out yet, the ones have left because they wanted to leave. In the case of Cesc, Conte still picked him when the timing is right, and even the player himself acknowledged the Manager's choice in a positive way. Compare that to what happened to the former German captain, Toure, Hart etc, Conte handled the dressing room pretty well.

True. Plus he's an entertainment in the field while coaching. I just feel bad for Hart and Toure.

12 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

I agree those 2 are bigger but not by far depending on how you gauge the ambiguous "big" termanology. As for London based Man U fans: I remember trying to get tickets outside Wembley for what must have been an FA cup final between us and UTD about 10 years ago and ended up watching it in a local pub, I was amazed to see how many London accents were inside in Man U shirts and how they were  literally in tears when Drog scored in extra time....baffling. Each to his own I suppose, it's not a crime even if skeev worthy.

Was listening to the 606 podcast today, back-to-back Liverpool callers with home counties accents. And they call us glory hunters!

Baffling.

6 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

Was listening to the 606 podcast today, back-to-back Liverpool callers with home counties accents. And they call us glory hunters!

Baffling.

I'm from near Sheffield and have been a Chelsea fan for the last 36 years (since I was 4 years old). Am I a glory hunter?

5 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

I'm from near Sheffield and have been a Chelsea fan for the last 36 years (since I was 4 years old). Am I a glory hunter?

The biggest ::ChELSeAFaN::

Edited by Stim

On 5 September 2016 at 16:46, Argo said:

The beginning and the end of the first season was brilliant, the middle of the first season was average and the second season was a downright disaster which saw (apart from last season upto Jose being sacked) the worst football we have ever played as a club, it was truly diabolical and it was thanks to the strong mentality of the players that we managed to finish 2nd despite only playing two convincing half's off football all season. 

That season killed me so much i took a total sabbatical from football for a month, and i never do that, even in the summer i'm constantly on transfer rumours and playing fifa.

You took a month off after finishing second?  You would have been a Liverpool supporter had you been born in the seventies. 

5 hours ago, stevo said:

You took a month off after finishing second?  You would have been a Liverpool supporter had you been born in the seventies. 

My first years as a Chelsea fan were mid table finishes and i thought the 94 final was as good as it was ever going to get, yet i enjoyed those season's more than that one. The football was crap, the tactics were even worse and there appeared to be a general lack of direction about the were the club was heading.

On 9/4/2016 at 06:37, Charles Ryder said:

Some photos that reach peak Conte awesomeness levels.

aoWXFQU.jpg

Showing his support for Lecce's colourful ultras.

I+Ragazzi+della+Nord+(US+Lecce)+4.jpg

dfr.jpg

Finally, a young Toni.

6_01_Giocatore_con-pallone.jpg

Note the fake moustache on his chum.

that def jam top haha! what a g. 

4 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

City overwhelming Man U, I think Mou's systems can make teams look lethargic at times, glad we have a "footballing" manager who has made us look much faster at moving the ball and more direct, watching Man U here is bringing back bad memories. Also no point crying over spilled milk but I can't stop myself KDB what a player :face_palm:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10572638/jose-mourinho-says-manchester-united-should-have-been-awarded-two-penalties-in-city-defeat

after seeing yesterdays games, i am convinced we've got the right guy for us now. of course i would have preferred pep, but conte is the next best option and i feel he'll completely change out style for the better. hopefully he stays here for the long haul and the board work with him to achieve what he wants. 

3 hours ago, enigma said:

after seeing yesterdays games, i am convinced we've got the right guy for us now. of course i would have preferred pep, but conte is the next best option and i feel he'll completely change out style for the better. hopefully he stays here for the long haul and the board work with him to achieve what he wants. 

I prefer Conte and Simeone over Pep. Never a fan of him or his football. Great manager but not my type. 

I love the changes Conte is making to this team, we genuinely look like title contenders.

It's only four games into the season but you already can see how much we've improved and we're dominating games, it'll only take a few games till we get in full stride. What a nice change from being the most defensive counter attacking team for years, into a team that dominates games all over the pitch and creating chances every few minutes.

Imagine what we'd be like when we finally take most of our chances?! Exciting times ahead! 

One of the most pleasing aspects that I've seen from Conte is that we look hard to beat. If a team is going to beat us, they will have to match our determination. This will go a long long way. We've already seen this in action with recovering so many points from difficult positions.