Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Think you're being very kind to him there - I wouldn't be so understanding. Players have to adapt and he has been nothing but a massive disappointment with a very poor attitude. Will honestly be glad to see the back of him. 

Nibs - yes he was a disappointment we all expected more and you're right his attitude seemed to be poor on the pitch come the end, although perhaps the two goals against Forest might suggest otherwise, apart from the unenthusiastic celebrations. He didn't start off that way if you remember; from afar I would say that he was totally depressed and lost his confidence during parts of last season and this; and I would imagine depression is very difficult to get through especially where confidence is low for any professional sportsperson, hence all these psychologists being part of the larger make up of professional sports teams these days.  I just don't think he could get it back and this move is best for everyone all round.  

Of the recent players to leave us only two have I had no sympathy for and glad to see the back of..
Costa holding the club to ransom, going on strike and costing us a packet, couldn't give a toss he was sidelined by text.
And of course Morata.. I can put up with misses, i can put up with loss of form, but i can not put up with a lack of effort and a total disrespect of the fans and fellow players, not to mention non stop sitting on his arse moaning to the ref or running offside continuously. 
His attitude lately (after being given more chances than most would have been) has stunk the place out.. good riddance.

Edited by chelseablueboy

11 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Imagine if he had done anything remotely close to this during his time with us.  Showed more determination and fight on this one run than in his entire time as a Chelsea player.  Best of luck to him, but I am glad to see him go.

That is the frustrating thing with Morata. There is a good player in him, just not at Chelsea

I think Morata would be a success at Atletico. I don’t think people can say he has no spine etc when we don’t know what’s gone on inside his head. If he did suffer depression since he’s been with us I wouldn’t like to downplay the impact that can have on someone.

i wish him all the best when he goes and it’s a shame things never worked out for him with us as I still believe there’s a player in there. I genuinely don’t think our style suited him either in all honesty. I did still expect more when we signed him though.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Terrible attitude and work-rate, his style of falling over at the slightest touch will be more suited to La Liga. I wonder if he knows that they have the offside rule over there too...?

Thanks for scoring that brilliant solo goal against Stoke. Other than that, f**k off