Chelsea v Ajax (CL) Tue 5th Nov 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The handball rule is moronic, as most of the changes are. We now have the farcical situation where refs on the field arent allowed to make a decision based on opinion but VAR is. 
The game was fantastic, its what football should be with 2 teams going for it. I cant see how anyone can argue the first red, its as blatant as you can get and was just stupid by Blind. Our set piece defending wasn't great but the delivery by the Ajax player was outstanding, sometimes you just have to accept the attacking play was so good the defending was incredibly difficult. 
The opinion most dutch people seem to have is that Blind was fouled by Pulisic before his challenge on Tammy.

Which is bollocks btw.

6 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

The opinion most dutch people seem to have is that Blind was fouled by Pulisic before his challenge on Tammy.

Which is bollocks btw.

The holy Ajax players would never do anything wrong, we all know that :bow: 

God, what a loathsome club.

Edited by Valerie

29 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

Which is bollocks btw.

Its actually a fair shoulder challenge by Blind on Pulisic. It puts Pulisic on the weights and he goes down. In doing so Blind loses his own balance and then as the ball runs free he then lunges for it from a unbalanced position, thus cleaning out Tammy. Clear second yellow. If he was fouled then way not play for the foul rather than last ditch lunging when already on a yellow.

Sorry, not buying that. As you say, bollocks.

One of those matches we will learn from as a team who is developing, we got the run around from a Team who played in the CL semi final last season and show's how good they are along with their manager. Expect other game's like this throughout the season as we build and get stronger. Lots to learn from but am sure Frank will know that.

5 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Have to give Ajax a lot of credit - They could have easily tried to kill the game off by time wasting, looking for free kicks, etc but they carried on playing football and attacked! Just shows their class.

I hope we and Ajax get through.

They were also feking stupid as hell!

A 4:1 lead ---> lets stop this big Chelsea attack at all cost ! ! ! *get 2 second yellows and a penalty against them* I mean they could have just let that 1 goal in and continue the game at 2:4...LOL

Quite a few negative comments about Tammy. He certainly didn't have his best night but worth noting that he provided direct assists for 2 of our 4 goals. His shot was going in for the second goal and didn't need the touch from Dave. In fact that could have cost us had the VAR decision been offside. He was also involved in the build up to the penalty and drew the challenge that saw Blind red-carded. He missed a couple of decent chances at the end but then so did Bats.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

The holy Ajax players would never do anything wrong, we all know that :bow: 

God, what a loathsome club.

like on the first Penalty. Puli was kicked twice, but their players acted like it was a nothing burger. I waited to see the replay & thought like English commentators, Stonewall Penalty.

11 minutes ago, robdog said:

like on the first Penalty. Puli was kicked twice, but their players acted like it was a nothing burger. I waited to see the replay & thought like English commentators, Stonewall Penalty.

Really given he denied Pulisic a clear shot on goal from inside the area that should have been a yellow for Veltman, then the Willian barge would have been his second yellow. Think the game was 1-2 at that point. Who knows what would have happened from there.

Player ratings imo after watching the game on Dazn last night.

Kepa 6 - Not often a keeper can get that letting in 4 but for me he could do nothing about any of them and made a top save to stop a real embarrassment of going 4-5 down.

Azpi 4 - Awful first half, brought his rating up with the way he led in the second. At fault, at least in part, for 3 of the goals we let in imo. Almost got our second chalked off needlessly when it was going in anyway.

Zouma 7 - I felt confident when he went to deal with what came his way.

Tomori 5 - Petulance led to a yellow, the 3rd goal and stopped playing without a whistle nearly let Ajax in. Got schooled by Ajax this time.

Alonso 1 - That is being generous.

Jorginho 8 - Two pressure pens cool as you like, another leader who kept it simple when we needed simple around the crazy.

Kovacic 9 - Hats of Mateo, I did not want you to be signed but am loving the humble pie. Your strength on the ball and superb runs broke up their play many times.

Pulisic 6 - Won our pen, too many plays broke down with him.

Mount 5 - Worked hard but like Pulisic picked the wrong pass far too often.

Willian 6 - Same as mason only with a bit better delivery, decent rare corner led to our 4th.

Abraham 5 - Worked hard, won the ball many times but lacked the finishing touch, bar the OG.

James 8 - Should have started, he is a tank.

CHO 6 - Need to step it up Callum, you are playing with fear, you need to play with Freedom.

Batman 5 - Harsh? Only a few minutes but got 2 very good chances and should have taken at least 1 to win it for us.

The thing I like about Abraham and Batshuayi is that they consistently get themselves in the right positions to have chances to score. If they keep doing that, we'll do fine this year. Already got 15 goals in 18 games between them ... all good strikers miss chances ... even Harry Kane in his golden boot years was only converting about 1 out of 6 ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

9 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Have to give Ajax a lot of credit - They could have easily tried to kill the game off by time wasting, looking for free kicks, etc but they carried on playing football and attacked! Just shows their class.

I hope we and Ajax get through.

Did you not notice how long it took their keeper to take any sort of kick? How we only got 4 minutes added on is beyond me!

8 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Did you not notice how long it took their keeper to take any sort of kick? How we only got 4 minutes added on is beyond me!

Oh pay attention Munky, I've already made that observation.

Kids today, brains like scrambled eggs.

Edited by Valerie

Blind made 2 fouls in the space of 2 seconds, he definitely warrented a 2nd yellow card, and it was a penalty, he was moving his hand out to the shot, you can't do that. 

As for The other red card I'm not so sure about that, it seems he was sent off for arguing with the referee about it? 

I won't lie we definitely got some fortune, but it was a poorly refereed game allround, and what the f**k 4 minutes? That's criminal. 

23 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Blind made 2 fouls in the space of 2 seconds, he definitely warrented a 2nd yellow card, and it was a penalty, he was moving his hand out to the shot, you can't do that. 

As for The other red card I'm not so sure about that, it seems he was sent off for arguing with the referee about it? 

I won't lie we definitely got some fortune, but it was a poorly refereed game allround, and what the f**k 4 minutes? That's criminal. 

Compulsory yellow for handball in own box, 2nd yellow card, correct decision by the new rules. Our only fortune was having 2 Ajax players who can't count to two, one is no problem, but two is beyond their comprehension, call it slapstick game management from Ajax.

1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

A lot of people are blind. Why did Lampard start Alonso yesternight, was Emerson injured? Gross mistake from Lampard, we had already gone 3:1 down at half time just because of Alonso. Alonso is so poor. 

Lampard basically said he didn't want to rush Emerson back because the last time we did, he got injured again. With the pace the game was playing at yesterday, it was probably the best move, even if it meant risking things playing Alonso. Having Emerson play two 90+ minute games in a week just after he has returned from an injury is pushing things a bit.

I am happy with the result but we are still in a precarious position because we lost to Valencia at home/Barkley being a dummy. If we lose to Valencia at the mestalla they will qualify due to our head to head and of course ajax will beat lille and probably get a result against Valencia. It is Imperative we dont lose at the mestalla. On a plus note if we win at the Mestalla we are practically in the next round..

52 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Getting a second yellow for being an Ajax player is a very acceptable reason for me :wink:

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Player ratings imo after watching the game on Dazn last night.

Kepa 6 - Not often a keeper can get that letting in 4 but for me he could do nothing about any of them and made a top save to stop a real embarrassment of going 4-5 down.

Azpi 4 - Awful first half, brought his rating up with the way he led in the second. At fault, at least in part, for 3 of the goals we let in imo. Almost got our second chalked off needlessly when it was going in anyway.

Zouma 7 - I felt confident when he went to deal with what came his way.

Tomori 5 - Petulance led to a yellow, the 3rd goal and stopped playing without a whistle nearly let Ajax in. Got schooled by Ajax this time.

Alonso 1 - That is being generous.

Jorginho 8 - Two pressure pens cool as you like, another leader who kept it simple when we needed simple around the crazy.

Kovacic 9 - Hats of Mateo, I did not want you to be signed but am loving the humble pie. Your strength on the ball and superb runs broke up their play many times.

Pulisic 6 - Won our pen, too many plays broke down with him.

Mount 5 - Worked hard but like Pulisic picked the wrong pass far too often.

Willian 6 - Same as mason only with a bit better delivery, decent rare corner led to our 4th.

Abraham 5 - Worked hard, won the ball many times but lacked the finishing touch, bar the OG.

James 8 - Should have started, he is a tank.

CHO 6 - Need to step it up Callum, you are playing with fear, you need to play with Freedom.

Batman 5 - Harsh? Only a few minutes but got 2 very good chances and should have taken at least 1 to win it for us.

With all due respect, Jorghy was the man of the match.

2 hours ago, coco said:

Compulsory yellow for handball in own box, 2nd yellow card, correct decision by the new rules. Our only fortune was having 2 Ajax players who can't count to two, one is no problem, but two is beyond their comprehension, call it slapstick game management from Ajax.

Exactly! just watching City game and they were aworded with a pen and a yellow for a ball hiting a player in the hand during their free kick.

anyone saying that 4:4 is a  fair result  in the end in my opinion is an idiot. I would have no sympathy for them if we won. It's a pity we didn't.

Easily the best game I have ever been to! Though saying that, the 1st half was easily one of the worst I have ever seen, but the 2nd half more than made up for it.

Alonso should never play for us again. Personally would have RJ at RB and Emerson at LB. But if Emerson gets injured again, would happily have Azpi at LB as he seems to be much better there, and have RJ at RB.

4 hours ago, mojo said:

Exactly! just watching City game and they were aworded with a pen and a yellow for a ball hiting a player in the hand during their free kick.

anyone saying that 4:4 is a  fair result  in the end in my opinion is an idiot. I would have no sympathy for them if we won. It's a pity we didn't.

We should have in the end. Now we need to win in Valencia.