Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

28 minutes ago, ducavis said:

I would hope not, the 3-5-2 is a good formation to keep in our back pocket but I am not sure it would work when you are playing 60+ games in 4-5 competitions (add on the World Club Cup). Worked for Conte in a season when we were out of Europe, and if you look at Conte’s performance with Juve & Inter, his team never do well in the Cups/Europe. 
 WBs are key players in a 3-5-2, and you will hardly ever substitute them. Can’t see either James/Chiwell starting 45+ games next season and performing at an optimum level, it’s physically impossible. The drop off to the backup WBs is then huge, Azpi and either Alonso/Emerson are clear downgrades and have struggled in the role. Pep, Mourinho and even Akolo have used the 3–4-3/3-5-2 before but dropped it because of its limitations. A 4-4-3 offers you plenty of flexibility going forward as you can chop/change your wingers without too much dip in quality.

Buying a Traore for £50m is not also the solution, for one he is an average winger with bags of pace. 

I don't really follow serie a so I don't know why conte's team struggle in Europe. But when he was with us we got knocked out by Barca or to be exact by Messi. It was messi what can you do. 

Formation for me is about getting the best out of your players. 343/442/4231 really doesn't matter.  You can easily change especially offensively. But you like 433, so what is your expected lineup? 

In term wb, Alonso is a fine wb, Chillwell is a better and more complete player but no WB offer box  threat as much as Alonso. As for rwb, adama traore is a rwb so that is why I said back 5 is here to stay.

Not going to disturb you guys but we've just won the biggest european club competition almost comfortably* by using a 343 / 523..

Agreed about back-ups though. Alonso I guess would work for another season but James defo needs his rests and Azpi shouldn't play out there anymore. If CHO isn't seen as a pontential back-up then this is certainly a crucial role to adress. I'd love to see Hakimi play there - he's the best for this role - but that would mean James would have to play as a RCB (Azpi?) or RWB back-up (??) which would be criminal since he truly deserves a spot in the starting formation.

* 😉

35 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I don't really follow serie a so I don't know why conte's team struggle in Europe. But when he was with us we got knocked out by Barca or to be exact by Messi. It was messi what can you do. 

Formation for me is about getting the best out of your players. 343/442/4231 really doesn't matter.  You can easily change especially offensively. But you like 433, so what is your expected lineup? 

In term wb, Alonso is a fine wb, Chillwell is a better and more complete player but no WB offer box  threat as much as Alonso. As for rwb, adama traore is a rwb so that is why I said back 5 is here to stay.

Are we talking about Adama Traoré from Wolves? Because I don't think he is used as a RWB. He has played in the front 2 in 352 or as a RW in 4231. I don't recall seen him as a RWB as James or Azpi have been used, but then I haven't watched Wolves that much.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I dont think as well that the system is the problem or most important question.
More interesting is to get a striker who scores goals which will allow the team to sit back with a comfortable lead and manage their resources.

We could see in the last games that the team was simply tired but this is not a big surprise if you have to fight in every game until the 90th minute. I think only the Crystal Palace match was an easy one and in the next season they will need more of these easy wins if they want to make progress.

1 hour ago, RMH said:

Are we talking about Adama Traoré from Wolves? Because I don't think he is used as a RWB. He has played in the front 2 in 352 or as a RW in 4231. I don't recall seen him as a RWB as James or Azpi have been used, but then I haven't watched Wolves that much.

Adama Traoré can play rwb without any problem. 

32 minutes ago, TheGermanOne said:

I dont think as well that the system is the problem or most important question.
More interesting is to get a striker who scores goals which will allow the team to sit back with a comfortable lead and manage their resources.

We could see in the last games that the team was simply tired but this is not a big surprise if you have to fight in every game until the 90th minute. I think only the Crystal Palace match was an easy one and in the next season they will need more of these easy wins if they want to make progress.

Our problem is simple, we need to score more.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Adama Traoré can play rwb without any problem. 

Never seen him as RWB so I'll take your word for it, but we've got CHO that can be a back up to James and he is similarly an attacking player as Traoré. For me it would be a disappointing signing, especially for the quoted £50 million. I think that we should aim at getting top players not squad players, but that is just my opinion.

21 hours ago, RMH said:

Never seen him as RWB so I'll take your word for it, but we've got CHO that can be a back up to James and he is similarly an attacking player as Traoré. For me it would be a disappointing signing, especially for the quoted £50 million. I think that we should aim at getting top players not squad players, but that is just my opinion.

IMO playing cho as wb is a waste of talent, his game is too multi dimensional to only play as wb.I

However, as WB I think Traoré is better. 

16 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’ll trust Tuchel if he wants Adama, hopefully he could have an similar effect abit like how Moses were for us under Conte.

There clearly is a game changing player somewhere inside him, he just needs the right manager...

If he could unlock his football brain that is at present about 3 secs behind his legs he would be some player.

As Tuchel himself said right after he got here, he doesn't understand how he needs a long contract if you look at the the track record here in the club. We are just basically giving him more money for less time in the job 😂

I am still sure he will survive 1 more season with us. 18 months in total. Then something happens, internal sh*t and he is out. 

I am hoping that is not the case but we would be idiots to think he is long term manager for us. 

16 minutes ago, evissy said:

As Tuchel himself said right after he got here, he doesn't understand how he needs a long contract if you look at the the track record here in the club. We are just basically giving him more money for less time in the job 😂

I am still sure he will survive 1 more season with us. 18 months in total. Then something happens, internal sh*t and he is out. 

I am hoping that is not the case but we would be idiots to think he is long term manager for us. 

There is no such thing as long term in football either the player/manager need to be changed 

Guest Sindre
1 hour ago, evissy said:

That would be a real travesty if that happened.

Now we have a top, top manager that wants to stay here for the long term and I really hope we can make that happen this time. Surely there needs to be some give and take from both sides but I believe Tuchel sees a fantastic future for this squad and wants to be here for a long time. That's what turned Liverpool & City into the powerhouses they've been the last four years so I hope we can learn from that.

23 minutes ago, Sindre said:

That would be a real travesty if that happened.

Now we have a top, top manager that wants to stay here for the long term and I really hope we can make that happen this time. Surely there needs to be some give and take from both sides but I believe Tuchel sees a fantastic future for this squad and wants to be here for a long time. That's what turned Liverpool & City into the powerhouses they've been the last four years so I hope we can learn from that.

So none of his successors didn't? 

Anyway I agree he looks the part but I remember thinking all his predecessors did as well so I am not letting myself go into that trap again. I say every month after next season is a bonus. 

Guest Sindre
2 minutes ago, evissy said:

So none of his successors didn't? 

Anyway I agree he looks the part but I remember thinking all his predecessors did as well so I am not letting myself go into that trap again. I say every month after next season is a bonus. 

No I am sure they did.

But there is definitly something about Tuchel that makes me think he can break the trend. Both in terms of what he's saying and in terms of actions so far at least. Perhaps everything will go pearshaped like Conte in 2017 or Mourinho in 2015 but he's much more of a well rounded character in my view and that's what makes me hopeful.
Sarri & Lampard also had short terms obviously but one couldn't wait to get out of here and it was too soon for Lampard.

Certainly it should help that he's started off by winning the Champions League. But time will show what the future brings.

If you would've told me how this season would end back when we signed Tuchel, I wouldn't have believed you... but at the same time, I would think, "Yeah, that's something Chelsea would do!"

Hopefully, Tuchel bucks the trend and survives longer than 2 seasons. Really really really wanna see where he can take this group of players.

Will be interessting to see what formations he will try for next season, besides the 3-4-3. He has played 4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1 with Dortmund and 4-3-3 with PSG. With a proper DM (Rice or Kessie) I believe we can easily change from 3 to 2 center backs, wich will allow for more attacking lineups against teams that defend deep.