Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Thomas Tuchel's comments of ‘It’s the same players, so why should everything change?’ after #Chelsea's 4-0 defeat to Arsenal in pre-season were received terribly by the board. They felt they had an adversary rather than a partner.

[via @draper_rob]

Bot very wise

More spin and media plants. They should all move on LOL. I guess it's just symptomatic of it all being a bit slow right now because there is no actual football for all these social media experts to create "content" with.

I'd also bet money that if it had been Potter who was telling Boehly exactly the same thing, then Boehly et all would have received that perfectly well and probably as evidence that their new man was getting to grips with the task at hand ...

I always felt Tuchel would be the one to break the cycle of short-term managers since JM's first sacking. The huge investment over the summer, and his role in advising Boehly on signings, and Boehly seeming to be supportive of his wishes, appeared to strengthen his position. But things fell apart unexpectedly quickly, and I believe there's a lot of truth in the stories circulating about his poor management of the squad.

The evidence on the pitch that things were badly wrong was glaring. His selections and substitutions were often baffling. And barely anyone was playing close to their potential. Some seemed to be visibly suffering and were totally unable to perform at the level expected: Pulisic and Ziyech particularly, but also Azpi. Gallagher and Mount and arguably Koulibalt and Mendy in recent games.

The shambolic displays at Leeds, Southampton and Zagreb were proof that things were genuinely grim, and I became convinced that TT had lost his way, just as Lamps and José did at the end of their spells.

Yes, a manager of his talents deserved more time than he's been given, but I fully understand why the board pulled the trigger and went for Potter to try and restore harmony and get the team and squad functioning again. 

Can't hope for it as it hurts the whole club but Potter being a massive failure would be everything Boehly & Eghbali deserve if it happens.

3 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

He deserved so much better. We will regret this. We’ll be scrambling for a new manager in a years time while Tuchel is winning trophies with a different club.

He genuinely is the 3rd best manager in the world, huge own goal by Boehly, jeez.

3rd? He's a good manager but not 3rd ZZ won the champions League 3 times in a row. TT is a good manager but I'll be honest that one champions League win paints him better than he actually was, pretty sure he's lost more finals than he's won? 

32 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not forgetting Avram Grant was coach when we were miles better than United and had it not been for Drogbas temper and JTs Gerrard impression he would have been a CL winner too.

Grant and Di Matteo had an elite squad of players that were extremely mentally stong as well. Tuchel won the Champions League with Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz and Werner up front, with our only world class players being a Reece James, an aging Thiago Silva and a half fit Kante.

Not to mention Di Matteo parked the bus to win the champions league, and realistically we were very fortunate to beat Barcelona and Bayer. Under Tuchel we went toe to toe with Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Man City and beat them all. Even the season after we only lost to the eventual winners in extra time.

I thought the habit of sacking managers so quickly would be over after Roman went, and to be fair in recent years Roman was a lot more lenient. The decision to sack Tuchel 6 games into the season is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

3rd? He's a good manager but not 3rd ZZ won the champions League 3 times in a row. TT is a good manager but I'll be honest that one champions League win paints him better than he actually was, pretty sure he's lost more finals than he's won? 

You give any of the managers of the top 8 clubs in the PL the squad that Zizu had and they'll have a good shot at winning the CL and La Liga. It's a great achievement, sure, but Tuchel is comfortably a better tactician and manager. Klopp is better than Zizu as well and may never win anything more than what he has already achieved. 

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

He deserved so much better. We will regret this. We’ll be scrambling for a new manager in a years time while Tuchel is winning trophies with a different club.

He genuinely is the 3rd best manager in the world, huge own goal by Boehly, jeez.

Genuinely think you are doing Potter a great disservice here.

Tuchel deserved a lot better, but at least he gets a big pay off and time to sort out his personal life, he will be back to the big league soon. Who knows what Bheoly been doing in the background? One thing is true, he f* around all summer playing the owner and DOF, dragged on our transfer window into the 11th hour, now the dust settled he's looking for a DOF.

1 hour ago, venom2011 said:

You give any of the managers of the top 8 clubs in the PL the squad that Zizu had and they'll have a good shot at winning the CL and La Liga. It's a great achievement, sure, but Tuchel is comfortably a better tactician and manager. Klopp is better than Zizu as well and may never win anything more than what he has already achieved. 

I don't believe he is, but that's the beauty we can agree to disagree. TT has been stale a while, if the take over hadn't of happened people would of been wanting him out. He was a very likeable guy and said some stuff in interviews that u could tell he loved the club, but by the end he had no idea what he was doing, 343 433 442 all in one game and didn't make a blind bit of difference, obviously his divorce didn't help him, but when you manage a top club they ain't interested in if u can keep your wife happy. All in all I liked him he gave good memory's, but the new owners were always going to get there own man in regardless.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I’ve just seen this. Surely not? Truly disgusted if so.

D8400AC3-AC7E-49D2-B0AB-959418D91B36.jpeg

Stories due to be on the front pages of all the major newspapers tomorrow morning that Boehly, Jorginho, Potter and Antony Taylor were videoed together in a Brighton Starbucks two days before the Tottenham game. 

The video was secretly taken by Mandy Conspirarty who was their Barrista that day. She has reported they were talking together in hushed voices and that Jorginho and Potter had Almond croissants with cappuccinos while Todd and Taylor had skinny lattes with Blueberry muffins. The FA have a drafted a pre-release press statement saying that they will be investigating further.