Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It does seem there was a break down in relationship between players and coach. He does have the reputation of falling out with players and boards so this seems like it would of ended this way anyway so Todd decided to pull the trigger early.

After a day of thinking it may well turn out to be the right decision.

Having read and heard thousands of words uttered by the great and the good over TT's sacking (even those who know NOTHING whatsoever about Chelsea Football Club) I am now completely convinced that Boehly and the Board had the sacking planned or at the least, well discussed from the minute they took over the Club. They must have seen or heard something they did not like from TT and with the pressure to work round the clock to bring in much needed signings, simply did not have the time to also interview potential replacements. I am certain that whoever we are lining up as the Director of football, WILL have had an input in recruiting Graham Potter. The Brighton Board all spoke very highly of his intellect, work ethic and communication skills with everybody at the Amex from top to bottom and there was an interview with Tony Bloom on Talksport where he reiterated all of this. I think that he knew then that Chelsea were sniffing around, maybe had even asked what the release clause value was, so knew it was only a matter of time before we made an approach. The very poor start to this Season, refusal to accept Ronaldo and frequent whinging, has given Todd the reasons (he doesn't think he needs an excuse) to move on sacking TT. We will probably never know what it was Todd and Clearlake did not like about TT, but we have to trust their judgement and experience in dealing with similar situations across several huge sporting franchies.

Its funny how the twitter pundits are suddenly coming out with "he lost the dressing room", "player were talking about his personal life", "he didn't want part of a bigger role at the club", etc etc. I'd say what the f**k. All of them are just f**king around for some clickbait. Very few inside the club knew what was going on and none of us knew either. The new owners have been banging on about a "fresh start and new approach". We would very much like Todd and the owners to come clean about the reasons for this. The owners isolating themselves from the fans like Utd is the last thing we need.

Matt Law has just done a podcast in the London is Blue podcast on the sacking. Haven’t had chance to listen to it but I’m sure he will reveal more information. Apparently most journalists had heard things about it being an unhappy camp and Tuchel/Bohley. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/london-is-blue-chelsea-fc-soccer-podcast/id914691565?i=1000578763433

Maybe I'm being nit picky here but these empty gesture social media posts by the players are pissing me off. "Thanks for everything gaffer" "thank you and good luck mister" none of these guys has more to say than that? After they downed tools and let down the coach that led them to a champions league?

I hope behind closed doors players like Mount, Havertz, Mendy, Pulisic etc feel sh*t that they let Tuchel down. They either let him down or Tuchel had them all playing above their usual capability in his first 6 months, whatever it is he deserves better.

Edited by timetowaste

26 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Maybe I'm being nit picky here but these empty gesture social media posts by the players are pissing me off. "Thanks for everything gaffer" "thank you and good luck mister" none of these guys has more to say than that? After they downed tools and let down the coach that led them to a champions league?

I hope behind closed doors players like Mount, Havertz, Mendy, Pulisic etc feel sh*t that they let Tuchel down. They either let him down or Tuchel had them all playing above their usual capability in his first 6 months, whatever it is he deserves better.

What can they say without pissing of the new owner and being transferred next window. I'm pretty sure the main team was behind Tuchel except for the forwards (what a coincidence that Zyiech, Pulisic, Harvertz, haven't posted any goodbyes). They all think they are better than they are. It's not on Tuchel even in the best of times they missed so much chances. And none of them proofed to be an elite premier league player. I don't think Potter will suddenly make them world class players. They are just not good enough. Same with Werner. They are not bad players but nothing for the Top 4 and ball-possession football. They need space to shine.

Edited by jony92

It seemed like a good portion of the team wanted to leave this summer — many of the defenders and forwards. Even the captain wanted to leave.

The product on the field was boring. TT was not a good people manager. He didn’t have a good working relationship with his bosses. I don’t care how smart you are, you won’t survive the culmination of all these problems. 

4 minutes ago, JM7 said:

5 of the 7 attacking players wanted to leave this summer. I think that sums it up. Unfortunately he seemed to isolate and fallen out with key players. 

5 of the 7 attacking players needed to leave this summer because they're not talented enough to play at this level.

I think it's telling that both Ziyech and Pulisic were avaliable all summer and there were no offers for them.

Surely if these were talented players being misused by Tuchel at least one other club would see that and want to take them at a low price to rebuild their careers.

The next manager will have to remove them anyway.

Edited by HazardousChoice

7 minutes ago, HazardousChoice said:

5 of the 7 attacking players needed to leave this summer because they're not talented enough to play at this level.

I think it's telling that both Ziyech and Pulisic were avaliable all summer and there were no offers for them.

Surely if these were talented players being misused by Tuchel at least one other club would see that and want to take them at a low price to rebuild their careers.

The next manager will have to remove them anyway.

Liverpool and Juventus wanted Pulisic. Boehly didn't want to sell. 

Ziyech was representing himself and wanted a move back to Ajax. The club slapped a 40m price tag and didn't want to loan. 

8 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Liverpool and Juventus wanted Pulisic. Boehly didn't want to sell. 

Ziyech was representing himself and wanted a move back to Ajax. The club slapped a 40m price tag and didn't want to loan. 

That isn't remotely true.

Liverpool would never consider Pulisic, it was the most laughable rumour of the summer and didn't come from any serious source.

We apparently offered Puli to Juventus, Milan and Roma in the summer as part of player exchanges and none of them were willing to take him. 

The only interest in either of them were loans. 

United wanted to loan Pulisic but we told them we'd prefer to sell at which point they said f**k no and decided to spend nearly 100m on a winger from the Dutch league.  Ajax having recieved that sizable fee weren't willing to spend much of it on Ziyech.

They're just not very good players and they'll get Potter sacked if he keeps them around.

You can't have high expectations with such a low amount of natural talent in the forward positions.

Edited by HazardousChoice

A shame it has come to an end.

The way he stuck with us when Carragher and his media friends was trying to push the narrative that he should jump ship and go to Man Utd.

Also, the way he called out Anthony Taylor and the corrupt referees won’t be forgotten, only him and Mourinho would have the guts and care enough to take them the task IMO.

Thanks for all the trophies Tommy, and making us the World Champions that we are now.

59 minutes ago, jony92 said:

What can they say without pissing of the new owner and being transferred next window. I'm pretty sure the main team was behind Tuchel except for the forwards (what a coincidence that Zyiech, Pulisic, Harvertz, haven't posted any goodbyes). They all think they are better than they are. It's not on Tuchel even in the best of times they missed so much chances. And none of them proofed to be an elite premier league player. I don't think Potter will suddenly make them world class players. They are just not good enough. Same with Werner. They are not bad players but nothing for the Top 4 and ball-possession football. They need space to shine.

Apparently (and I haven't checked) Havertz DID post something, albeit much later than the others, and Ziyech (and also Kante) didn't post anything because they don't really do social media as a religion like most of the rest. Surprise surprise, Pulisic seems to be the main cry baby here though. I think all the other US Tour dissenters have already been moved out of the club, albeit some of them on loan. Others that didn't comment on social media are basically the players that have only come in this season, so won't necessarily have had any sort of strong relationship with TT.

Anyway, all water under the bridge now. I'm sure Potter will give everyone a fair chance. I doubt he'll come to any different conclusions, but you never know !

1 hour ago, HazardousChoice said:

That isn't remotely true.

Liverpool would never consider Pulisic, it was the most laughable rumour of the summer and didn't come from any serious source.

We apparently offered Puli to Juventus, Milan and Roma in the summer as part of player exchanges and none of them were willing to take him. 

The only interest in either of them were loans. 

United wanted to loan Pulisic but we told them we'd prefer to sell at which point they said f**k no and decided to spend nearly 100m on a winger from the Dutch league.  Ajax having recieved that sizable fee weren't willing to spend much of it on Ziyech.

They're just not very good players and they'll get Potter sacked if he keeps them around.

You can't have high expectations with such a low amount of natural talent in the forward positions.

Except, it is.

Paul Joyce (Liverpool's equivalent to Matt Law) confirmed Liverpool had genuine interest but we were pricing Pulisic far too high to the extent we wanted to break even. Juventus also keen but again but they couldn't afford. Swap deals were never ever an option considering Juve are still being investigated for the Arthur/Pjanic swap. When it came towards the end of the end of the window, Boehly vetoed any move. United's interest in Pulisic was probably a Glazer push. 

Ajax don't spend loads on a single player. Their record ever signing was £30 and we were pricing Ziyech at £40-45m. Of course they wouldn't. 

25 minutes ago, coco said:

Within 24 hours Tuchel sacked, Truss signed in as PM, and now the Queen on her death bed, and it's pissing down here.

Bring me sunshine.

I've had a fortnight of temps above 105F peaking at 110F, my air conditioning went wrong on Friday the hottest weekend of the year, $1300 to fix it on Tuesday, then yesterday TT gets the tic tac, I sure could use some bloody rain ! (there's a hurricane 'Kay' on its way to So Cal for Saturday, knowing my luck it wont make it to my gaff !)

Edited by General

I have a feeling Tuchel will come back and haunt us somewhere along the line. 

Could be at Liverpool by Christmas and facing Potters Chelsea in the league game away to them in January.

eta: We have them in 10 days, is it possible they could sack Klopp and install Tuchel by then ?