Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, enigma said:

So many people now acting as if they weren't calling for Tuchel's sacking. One of the worse fans is Rory Jennings. Was falling for Tuchel to be sacked, then uploads a video today after his sacking as if now wasn't a good time. Pathetic. 

Rory is in it for the clicks.

However, nothing wrong with having an opinion that we might not agree with, , but his behaviour is ridiculous, AFTV is his inspiration.

1 hour ago, just said:

Right. First off I wanted us to stick with TT. At least until the World Cup to see if he could turn things around. But personally I don't see any of this differently to the Lampard sacking. He also operated under difficult circumstances. Transfer ban. Losing our best player in nearly a generation. Got a lot right, got a lot wrong but obviously had intelligence and always carried himself with dignity and had Chelsea running through his veins.

@Edinburgh Blue post about this is who we we are, this what we do, is spot on. We might not like it, we all will favour one manager over another. One we would stick with, one we wouldn't, (that was Sarri for me), but it makes no odds. Chelsea Football Club will pull the rug on ANYONE if the results aren't what's expected. 

And to those who have said Roman would not have sacked Tuchel already, they must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

My son is pretty gutted, he is 7, so this is his 1st real experience of losing a manager you like, but it's in our dna, so he will have to learn to deal with it unfortunately.

I was gutted when Gullit went, maybe even more gutted when Jose went. Now you just have to roll with the punches, look back and enjoy the memories and hope the next guy brings some good times too. 

1 hour ago, chelseaFanLA said:

You're kidding yourself if you think that the current owner doesn't care about the team as much as the Russian owner might have.  Do you realize that the players who are on the current squad, outside of the players that were just brought in, were pretty much all part of the previous ownership.  Do you also realize that TT's offensive scheme has sucked everywhere and he has been sacked at two of the other football giants and top teams in their league.

You can say what you want about Pulisic but the truth is he was NOT favored under TT.  The guy is still only 23 so you're talking about a player with a wealth of potential that lost his spot due to injury and has been plagued with injuries thus not been given a fair shot to reclaim it.  One can also argue that he's not of the quality to regain it which I would agree with but the personality differences with TT, who hates to be called out by ANY player (see Lukaku), was a big reason for this.  You can honestly tell me that the offense is tidy and aggressive and the goals are flowing?  So why not give Pulisic the chance he has plenty of quality and has shown glimpses of his ability.  But not for only 15-20 minutes a match, that's a hard proposition for any player.  

Lastly, one thing many fail to mention, is that the VAR decision on the weekend should not have reversed that goal.  I don't care who you support this is incontestable. So that too should have been a draw vs. a win.  This squad under TT will go nowhere, so why not try this same squad under Potter, the results certainly can't be worse.

Goodness me. What has anything got to do with Pulisic?!

This sacking has Abramovich written all over it. Yes he ‘sold’ Chelsea to Todd…because he had to…on paper. But we dont know the ins and outs of the deal and dont know whose really pulling the strings. I just don’t see Todd as the kind of guy to operate in this way. 
Abramovich was never one to show his emotions/feelings and with the fans to celebrate. He admired from far…and this way he can still do that.

4 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

This sacking has Abramovich written all over it. Yes he ‘sold’ Chelsea to Todd…because he had to…on paper. But we don't know the ins and outs of the deal and don't know whose really pulling the strings. I just don’t see Todd as the kind of guy to operate in this way. 
Abramovich was never one to show his emotions/feelings and with the fans to celebrate. He admired from far…and this way he can still do that.

If Abramovich was still pulling the strings you really think he would have told Boehly to remove Buck, Tenenbaum, Granovskaia and Cech ?

The similarity is down to them both being billionaires, and billionaires don't become billionaires without being ruthless.

Not that I was particularly shocked after our poor start, but the timing seems like lunacy. Surely it would have been better to wait until the world cup break, we would have a much better choice of available managers after that, and who knows if we gave it that time maybe Tuchel would have turned it around. Let's be real here, Potter has done a good job with Brighton, but dragging a relegation battler up to mid table is a very different thing to managing a champions league team. 

57 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

TT wasn't a "prick". It wasn't good at the end , but that's not the way to describe the man

Anybody who plays a youngster out of position and beats his confidence down mentally is a prick. Sorry - Americans hate Little Tommy T - you can argue semantics but it is true.

8 minutes ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Not that I was particularly shocked after our poor start, but the timing seems like lunacy. Surely it would have been better to wait until the world cup break, we would have a much better choice of available managers after that, and who knows if we gave it that time maybe Tuchel would have turned it around. Let's be real here, Potter has done a good job with Brighton, but dragging a relegation battler up to mid table is a very different thing to managing a champions league team. 

Yeah exactly, if we were cut adrift by Christmas like we were under Lampard then at least the sacking would make some sense, but 6 games in is insane. Liverpool have had a worse start to the season than us yet I highly doubt they'll give Klopp the boot

Edited by Drogba1

1 hour ago, The Rising Sun said:

All we need now is for Potter to turn us down to complete the saga

This is such a circus I don't really care TBH who comes in, or who turns us down.  While I feel for TT as a person, his tactics and pragmatic style of football was boring the pants off of everyone for the last 6 months or more.  If Potter or whoever comes in I hope they can work with the kids we bought in the summer and slowly integrate them into the team while casting adrift the dead wood.  

39 minutes ago, Phillip said:

This American did not hate TT.  Please don’t speak for all of us, Tim.  Makes you look stupid.

I don't give a sh*t if you hate him or not. Most Americans don't like the way Little Tommy T treated Pulisic, played him out of position. You can kiss ass because you are on a Chelsea site, but it doesn't change how the average American soccer fan feels. 

2 hours ago, haviet1 said:

You're going to need Satan's help if the incoming director of football is also American 🤣

Why...we'll have a couple of first round draft picks and be looking to make some trades.  And as long as they don't leave 'Top Secret' papers lying around of targeted players I don't think there is a need for concern. 

5 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Why...we'll have a couple of first round draft picks and be looking to make some trades.  And as long as they don't leave 'Top Secret' papers lying around of targeted players I don't think there is a need for concern. 

Haha there's a lot to unpack here. Well said.

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

Sources have also claimed that Tuchel’s relationship with a number of Chelsea’s squad has deteriorated, while his team selections have caused surprise and, at times, frustration among players who felt they have been unfairly left out or played out of position. (Telegraph) #CFC

Sources have claimed there have been issues behind the scenes at Chelsea all summer, which Tuchel has hinted at on occasion.

Regardless of Tuesday night’s defeat, concerns had been growing that Tuchel was not the right man to lead the new era under co-controlling owners Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital, and it is believed the German’s future was in doubt win, lose or draw in Zagreb.

Tuchel reiterated on several occasions that he did not enjoy becoming more involved in this summer’s recruitment process and consistently bemoaned the loss of Cech as the club's technical and performance advisor. That caused some raised eyebrows 

The fact Tuchel prefers to be left to work and solve problems on his own, along with his close circle of coaches, is not in line with the inclusive approach of Boehly and Eghbali. 

Sources maintain that Tuchel initially wanted to move away from a fixed number-nine, only to completely go back on that. “He’ll say one thing,” one figure says, “then complain when it is done.” 

That actually rings true to me.

I remember Tuchel saying on multiple occasions that he's someone who likes to work with players on the pitch rather than worry about recruitment. I remember seeing that and thinking how good of a match he was/could have been for Chelsea because of it.

The whole number 9 thing matches the club's actions in the transfer market too. Ditching Lukaku (who I think we should have persisted with) and going "strikerless" only to go pick up Aubameyang right at the end of the window.

The main issue for me is not that he was sacked, it's that we did it 6 games into a new season, right after the close of the transfer window and after spending over 250 million pounds on reinforcements that suit his tactical style. Why Boehly why?

Edited by Guest

Klopp blasts our new owners and says he does not really fear the sack, from Sly sports:

"

When asked if he is worried about his own future after Tuchel's dismissal earlier on Wednesday, Klopp said: "Not really, but who knows?

"The difference is they [Chelsea's owners] are different kind of owners. Our owners are rather calm and expect me to sort the situation and are not thinking that someone else should sort it.""

1 hour ago, USATim said:

I don't give a sh*t if you hate him or not. Most Americans don't like the way Little Tommy T treated Pulisic, played him out of position. You can kiss ass because you are on a Chelsea site, but it doesn't change how the average American soccer fan feels. 

Most Americans don't understand that half of the team is playing out of position and they're only concerned with their one guy. If it was up to TT, Haaland would be playing left back. This isn't about Pulisic.

I want to say that I share the overall sentiment of the majority of the fanbase towards his sacking and my reaction to reading the news was like:

"WTF, NO! This must be one of the most ridiculous sackings of all time, this is even more ruthless than Roman."

I really liked Tuchel as our manager and think he did an overall great job in his tenure at Chelsea and even if our performances this season were quite bad from a football quality pov, I don't think the results were that bad, that it would've warranted such a ridiculously early sacking, based on the results during his 18 months here before. Just seven competitive matches into the season and not even a week after the transfer window closed, while almost half of the outfield players of our squad are new to the squad and I don't know how many of our transfers just signed because of Tuchel's recommendation in the first place.

I mean if this was really preplanned by Boehly, why would've we signed Aubameyang, who basically came here based on his relationship to Tuchel?

Why have we sold/loaned some players because the manager didn't want them or because they wanted to flee from him, when they could've been fancied by the next manager if Boehly knew this was gonna happen?

Such planning and decisionmaking seems schizophrenic crazy to me and I would even call it treacherous towards Tuchel, if he wasn't inaugurated about his sacking beforehand. Towards the players that would've been very sneaky as well, if they came to work under Tuchel.

If nothing significant happened recently and the new owners really led him on to think he was their manager, so he bridges the start of the season period just to get stabbed in the back and schockingly sacked, these owners act like scumbags and this should be pointed out.

I would've trusted Tuchel to overcome this period and stabilize our performances, because he is a top manager and the negative patterns weren't something to bad that couldn't be recovered imo, but now the decision has been made and I hope the next manager will be a good fit.

I wish Tuchel the best and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he ends up at one of our domestic rivals next, or even at Real Madrid after Carlo retires.