Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

24 minutes ago, TheGermanOne said:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/08/epl-how-chelsea-players-reacted-to-thomas-tuchels-sack/

Wesley Fofana, Reece James, and Raheem Sterling were some of the first Chelsea stars to pay tribute after new co-owner Todd Boehly dismissed Tuchel just seven games into the new season and 100 days into his reign at the west London club since replacing Roman Abramovich.

Apart from Fofana, James and Sterling, Edouard Mendy and Kepa Arrizabalaga paid tribute to the German.

Chelsea defenders Ben Chilwell, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kalidou Koulibaly, and Trevor Chalobah, also showed their respect to the former Paris Saint-Germain manager.

Mason Mount, Jorginho, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Mateo Kovacic also took to social media.

Mount posted a picture with Tuchel hugging him on the sidelines: “Thank you for everything, Gaffer.”

Jorginho posted a picture of him shaking hands with Tuchel and wrote: “Thank you for everything.”

Also, Kovacic posted a picture of himself being hugged by Tuchel, with the caption: “It was a pleasure to learn and work with you and your staff. Thank you, Boss.”

On his part, Loftus-Cheek went for a series of pictures on his story with one saying: “Thank you for everything, coach. Wishing you all the best.”, while Kai Havertz posted a picture on the Champions League winner’s parade with Tuchel, saying: “Thank you.”

Obviously most of Tuchel's starters paid tribute while the players on the bench are missing like Pulisic or Ziyech.

Pulisic probably typed out a long heartfelt message to Tuchel for letting him pretend he's a premier league footballer but missed the enter key when he tried to send it.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

If Lukaku posted his farewell to Tuchel....

“When people can’t control you, they control how people view you.”

Dipsh*t.

You've got to laugh. f**k the life of a modern footballer must be bizarre to be posting that sort of nonsense. Reads like something that Kanye West would post in his current paranoid delusional state.

11 minutes ago, coco said:

If Lukaku posted his farewell to Tuchel....

“When people can’t control you, they control how people view you.”

Dipsh*t.

I am guessing, since you said If, he did not post that for TT sacking, however given it is Lukaku it would not surprise me if he did.

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I am guessing, since you said If, he did not post that for TT sacking, however given it is Lukaku it would not surprise me if he did.

No thats what he said last year after he had been with us about 2 months.

31 minutes ago, Term_X said:

Newcastle manager in 2 years time when they finally sort out their shady Arab sponsorship deal.

He’ll be a nightmare to go up against when we face him, no manager in world football better for the big game prep and he’ll have a score to settle with us.

i think he will be Madrid manager after Ancelotti leaves

14 minutes ago, General said:

Apologies if this videos been posted but it’s a must see, included some extracts from the article which is behind a firewall 

54A94BE6-B68D-4ED9-8D58-559D4CC51B7F.jpeg

3BBAB279-D973-43FB-BEA2-25825A54E327.jpeg

A5311197-8EE2-4D72-81F1-A967D2742F8B.jpeg

F06A70D2-385A-4500-A9AF-A81F45AF8B63.jpeg

9242ADBC-DF61-4E1F-A264-26FDB7B662E9.jpeg

EE568C2C-1DAC-4458-AE22-24A3E76795FB.jpeg

E507D80A-F987-4E5B-992F-B371F9832983.jpeg

I’m not sure any of this stands any scrutiny. Loftus-Cheek must have enjoyed the highest amount of playing time at Chelsea since Sarri, and he wasn’t a favourite last season. So the theory that players left on the bench were kind of isolated and didn’t know how to get back into the team does not sound right.

Seems like perhaps there was more Tuchel could have done to keep the job. With that being said without knowing everything it's hard to speculate as there's two sides to every story. From the outside it does seem like Todd and Ed could have done more to reach out to Thomas and provide more support. 

Clearly he was struggling with all the responsibility on his shoulders alongside personal issues, perhaps trying to open the dialogue and have a heart to heart? Despite all of this many of us were aware of the character we were acquiring when TT was first appointed. Issues between himself and upper management were sighted in both his prior high level head coach roles, so perhaps that's just who he is and it was only inevitable. 

From the outside looking in this just seemed like an inevitable outcome. The difference between Pep/Klopp and TT is not only their coaching styles but also the way they handle their players and management. Good working relationships are essential in this line of work.

Despite how elite of a coach you may be if you cannot work up and down you will always have issues. We had hoped TT had learnt from his past experiences and when he first joined, up until recently he always seemed to be highly self aware and emotionally intelligent.

Earlier in the tenure he took a lot of responsibility for results that didn't go our way. Recently it's always the players fault (this doesn't mean it's not, but by passing blame it can't go down well with the players or managment).

I think he had learnt from his previous jobs (Dortmund and PSG especially), however his recent personal issues, plus all the other issues surrounding the club the past 6-8 months took their toll on him and resulted in a return to type. They say lepoards can't change their stripes or cheetahs can't change their spots and sadly it seems like this is the case. 

Whether everything that's coming out recently about the other side of TT that we don't see is true. One thing we can attest to is his touchline behaviour and his press conferences.

He does strike me as perfectionist and likely this group of players wouldn't have ever satisfied him. Overseeing a whole squad overhaul may have in the end proved a task too far for a man that just wanted to coach. 

Despite his character flaws he remains one of the most impressive men to ever step foot in this club. It still feels weird to not call it Tuchel's Chelsea, for me a top 4 coach in our history arguably top 3. I for a good handful of months have felt his football was boring and longed for a change (not managerial) just a fresh approach from Thomas. This one will take some time to heal, but just like Lamps, Carlo, Jose and Conte to an extent I suppose I'll eventually get over it. 

Still wish there was some sort of final chance/resolution meeting where he was given a public vote of confidence from the board and given at least until the end of the month.

I don't feel like holding on for that much longer would have been detrimental in acquiring Potter, and therefore can only imagine the data suggested TT would not turn this downward spiral around and this was the correct decision for sporting reasons.

9 hours ago, azpi28 said:

i think he will be Madrid manager after Ancelotti leaves

Can’t see it. Perez has publicly said they are signing the world’s best youngsters. How would that work when he buys a 19yr old talent and tells Tuchel he is getting rid of Kante? That is how the Casemiro & Tchouameni situation has played out. Leipzig & Juve is more his speed IMO, but we will soon find out where he ends up.

Not sure if anyone has posted anything like this in here yet. A look back at some of CFC most memorable goals under Mr Tuchel

Click the link since its a thread and I can't embed all the tweets in one shed post. If you click the second one I think you have to scroll up to the top but if you click the first one you scroll down. It goes from our first goal scored under Tuchel to the ucl winning goal and any other significant goal

FcP-SoWX0AAeNlL.jpeg

Edited by LongtimerLurker

I’d say he’s the most intelligent coach we’ve ever had, just lacking that ability to bullsh*t the players with Mourinho-style charisma, a tactics geek who just wants to be left alone with it; he out-thought the best coaches football has to offer. Shame geopolitics took Roman from us because from reports it seems Tuchel’s style is more suited to that detached style of organisation where he just speaks to big Pete. Clearly Boehly and co want some kind of ‘kumbaya my lord’ around the campfire work culture and pretend to understand things.

On 09/09/2022 at 08:55, The Rising Sun said:

You speak for the American soccer ball public ?

you might be surprised to hear that no one over here cares

Truly not caring would have elicited no reply from you directed toward me. Silence. The cold shoulder. Crickets.

The mere fact you did reply screams otherwise. 

Have a nice weekend, though.

22 hours ago, General said:

Apologies if this videos been posted but it’s a must see, included some extracts from the article which is behind a firewall 

54A94BE6-B68D-4ED9-8D58-559D4CC51B7F.jpeg

3BBAB279-D973-43FB-BEA2-25825A54E327.jpeg

A5311197-8EE2-4D72-81F1-A967D2742F8B.jpeg

F06A70D2-385A-4500-A9AF-A81F45AF8B63.jpeg

9242ADBC-DF61-4E1F-A264-26FDB7B662E9.jpeg

EE568C2C-1DAC-4458-AE22-24A3E76795FB.jpeg

22 hours ago, RMH said:

I’m not sure any of this stands any scrutiny. Loftus-Cheek must have enjoyed the highest amount of playing time at Chelsea since Sarri, and he wasn’t a favourite last season. So the theory that players left on the bench were kind of isolated and didn’t know how to get back into the team does not sound right.

Poor poor players, left to rot, forgotten and neglected, oh the agony they must have gone through.

I don't believe any of that, sorry, it sounds completely fabricated around rumours. Too much detail in who was thinking what, like the writer is in the subjects brain.

Seems to be a lot of stories from both sides and now its hard to know what is the truth. Whatever the case, it feels like the whole thing was just a mismatch between Tuchel and the owners and the relationship was never going to work. Had they just let Tuchel go at the beginning of the summer, a lot of anger amongst fans could have been saved. 

Thomas Tuchel's comments of ‘It’s the same players, so why should everything change?’ after #Chelsea's 4-0 defeat to Arsenal in pre-season were received terribly by the board. They felt they had an adversary rather than a partner.

[via @draper_rob]

Bot very wise