Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

59 minutes ago, Lampsy said:

Most Americans don't understand that half of the team is playing out of position and they're only concerned with their one guy. If it was up to TT, Haaland would be playing left back. This isn't about Pulisic.

Half of the team isn't playing out of position, and nobody has done so under the tutelage of Tuchel more than Pulisic. Not even close.  Spare me.

16 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I feel incredibly sorry for Tuchel. He protected us through that sh*t we went through before Boehly came in, handled himself professionally and gave Chelsea fans the belief that whatever happened, we would be okay. Amongst all of that, he was going through his own personal issues with his divorce. This is the thanks he gets?

It really is a disgrace. Honestly, I can't think of a more disgusting sacking in football. 

I feel sorry for Tuchel as well to a point given all that was happenning at the club and he conducted himself brilliantly throughout that seismic period.  I'm not sure his personal issues should come into it though.

His achievements are there for all to see and he deserves our wholehearted thanks for those but lets not gloss over the fact that we seem to have regressed in the last year. You need look no further than this forum to see and hear how despondant the fans have become with week after week of turgid football with no sign of improvement. 

I tend to agree with about 90 per cent of your posts Scott, but not this one.  Something had to change and fast.

Also I now hope we sell Pulisic he can play for some other team and show all the Americans how great he is when played in whatever=ver his best position is. 

what ever Tuchel and Chelsea’s problems blaming Tuchel, who isn’t little and even if he was so was napoleon, for Pulisic not being an American hero comes across  very poorly to this Australian. Still people can think what the wanna think. 

40 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Also I now hope we sell Pulisic he can play for some other team and show all the Americans how great he is when played in whatever his best position is. 

what ever Tuchel and Chelsea’s problems blaming Tuchel, who isn’t little and even if he was so was napoleon, for Pulisic not being an American hero comes across  very poorly to this Australian. Still people can think what the wanna think. 

On the plus side, this whole episode has certainly flushed out a few twats to add to the "ignore" list, which is no bad thing. Silver linings and all that 🙂 

Most of us here haven't been happy with the football we've played for a while now, we can't just see it as 7 matches only. I'm not shocked at all that TT has gone if I'm honest, things just aren't working and the players look devoid of enjoyment whilst playing.

I actually think Potter would be a great appointment. I don't care that he hasn't won big trophies yet, everyone has to start somewhere and this is his opportunity. In the modern era you need a manager that can get the best out of players, to be able to adapt to various characters/personalities without freezing them out, understanding what makes them tick and where to utilise them.

Look at TT berating Connor in the previous league match, is that fair to a young guy trying to carve his way into the team?. That isn't going to give him the belief, or the confidence, to feel he has the managers trust.

51 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

On the plus side, this whole episode has certainly flushed out a few twats to add to the "ignore" list, which is no bad thing. Silver linings and all that 🙂 

How do you put someone on the ignore list?

edit:
nevermind i found it. you have to move the mouse over the profile name but not click into their profile (i couldn't find it in there)

Edited by Guest

I'm going to miss his celebrations in the dug, his leadership out and his in depth press conferences. Also won't forget how he basically was the face of the team to face the press everyday during the Roman Sanction situation. I especially won't ever forget that Champion's League night against City. Definitely the highlight of the last decade. Unfortunately though, the hiring and firing cycle at Chelsea continues and it's time to move on.

Thanks for the joys and the memories Thomas, you will forever be in our history.

1_GettyImages-1320712468.jpg

At one point this summer, Thomas Tuchel is said to have asked his #Chelsea players outright who wanted to stay and who wanted to leave and not been happy about the answer he received and number that wanted out.

Towards the end of last campaign, the number of #Chelsea players Thomas Tuchel had a strong bond with reduced, with his treatment of some of those who felt mishandled, a big factor.

[via @AdrianJKajumba]

This would make sense from the performances that we’ve seen from March onwards. Scrapped over the line and it didn’t look right then. 

Jason Cundy said yesterday that he had heard things from being around Cobham that made him worried. He didn’t say what it was but I suspect it’s around the engagement of the squad. He also said the mood at Cobham was similar to Jose 2.0. 

Regardless of whether Potter is the right man or not, I think Todd is right to get rid of Tuchel. He clearly had lost his spark. 

22 hours ago, enigma said:

Why would Potter come to Chelsea when he's got a cushy job at Brighton where he is being praised and adored? Also, I'm not sure that big of a jump up for him would benefit us. 

The thing the press (and a lot of fans) fail to understand is that Potter is not why Brighton are so successful.... it is because Brighton has a GREAT (with a capital "G") owner. The managers get too much credit and the owners too little. Look how much hardware was won here under so many different managers? What did it all have in common? Roman. Potter will fail miserably here if he is hired because he is not the reason Brighton is doing so well.... there owner is. It all starts there. And our new owners already seem out of their depth. So hiring Potter accomplishes nothing. The saying goes "Fish rot from the head, down."

No one can deny Tuchel did a brilliant job here. He was always ready to deliver in any post he was needed: whether he was coach, face of the organization or handling transfer related matters, he did them. 

New ownership came and they effectively swept everyone out. Maybe they should have let Tuchel go immediately. It would have been best for both parties. 

For some or many reasons he didn't fit the owners plans. We all know Tuchel is an intense person. Conor Gallagher for me looked like he got the old SAF dryer treatment as he has looked so scared and in a shell. In 2022 I think you can't handle players like that. Well you can if you know they can handle it. But clearly TT doesn't know Conor well enough. 

Openly admitting in a presser he was sad to see Petr go seems like a statement you shouldn't go and say even if that is true. You give a disjointed image of the club itself. 

I really miss hearing Tuchel talk openly about his team. I hope the next coach is something like that too. He is also highly intelligent and driven person. Inspiring to watch him talk really. 

I always get on board with the new manager barring Benitez that is and I think that happens with the next one as well..

By the way we should always label the manager "The next one" in Jose style.. because that is the truthful way to describe them 🤣

The only surprises is that this happen very early in the season. 

You can sense that it is coming. The performance of the team has been poor since December last year and even with new player there is no sign of improvement. 

Furthermore, our game vs Zagreb was very strange because like I said there is nothing that Tuchel did wrong in that game. 

I went back and had a look at Lampard and Tuchel's stats towards the end of their stints and how they compared.

They were very similar, and you could even argue Lampard was given even less time to turn things around then Tuchel was. Not saying it was right to sack him this quickly, but it is interesting to compare.

Last 5 games (all competitions)

• Lampard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 = 3 wins, 0 draws, 2 losses (9 points)
  • Tuchel 🇩🇪 = 2 wins, 0 draws, 3 losses (6 points)

Last 10 games (all competitions)

• Lampard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 = 4 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses (13 points)
  • Tuchel 🇩🇪 = 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses (15 points)

Last 15 games (all competitions)

• Lampard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 = 7 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses (24 points)
  • Tuchel 🇩🇪 = 6 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses (23 points)

Last 20 games (all competitions)

• Lampard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 = 12 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses (39 points)
  • Tuchel 🇩🇪 = 9 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses (32 points)

9 hours ago, USATim said:

Anybody who plays a youngster out of position and beats his confidence down mentally is a prick. Sorry - Americans hate Little Tommy T - you can argue semantics but it is true.

You only support liberal use of the word there Chelsea cause Pulisic plays for us so you're basically a soccer mom and how dare anyone have a go at you're special little guy.

Leave Britney GIF - Leave Britney Alone - Discover & Share GIFs

9 minutes ago, Jezz said:

I went back and had a look at Lampard and Tuchel's stats towards the end of their stints and how they compared.

They were very similar, and you could even argue Lampard was given even less time to turn things around then Tuchel was. Not saying it was right to sack him this quickly, but it is interesting to compare.

Really interesting comparison. Plenty of us thought it was based on this season alone and that the board had acted too quickly. That being said I don't think Tuchel has been sacked purely for the decline in the results, seems plenty went on behind the scenes and perhaps the board identifying that he was not the man for a long term reign.

7 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

You only support liberal use of the word there Chelsea cause Pulisic plays for us so you're basically a soccer mom and how dare anyone have a go at you're special little guy.

Leave Britney GIF - Leave Britney Alone - Discover & Share GIFs

Uhhhhh...no. But thanks for playing.

1 hour ago, Qaz said:

How do you put someone on the ignore list?

edit:
nevermind i found it. you have to move the mouse over the profile name but not click into their profile (i couldn't find it in there)

Just in case you are using mobile Qaz you go to Account > Ignored Users and type in whoever is rabbiting on about Pulisic this time. 

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

Also I now hope we sell Pulisic he can play for some other team and show all the Americans how great he is when played in whatever=ver his best position is. 

Reminds me of the "we sacked xyz manager because they couldn't get the best out of Torres/Shevchenko period". Except those guys were actually good. We paid 60m for potential and frankly Pulisic hasnt really developed. No manager worth their salt is playing him ahead of Sterling, so it will be amusing to watch the meltdowns when he doesn't start under the new manager.

Btw I don't think it is just Commonwealth posters thinking this is all a bit odd. Plenty of quality American posters on here who are just as disturbed by the carry on of a select few as everyone else. 

28 minutes ago, Jezz said:

I think this might suggest how ruthless we were with Frank moreso than whether it was time for Tuchel to go. I say that as someone who thought Frank's sacking was a disgrace and as someone who didn't want Tuchel. But then again if I had my way Carlo would still be manager 12 years on haha.

32 minutes ago, Jezz said:

does not make sense to compare. While for Lampard is was the middle of the season and he did not deliver at all.  

With Tuchel the spirit was clearly broken a bit after the Madrid game last season. Also Chelsea was comfortable on the third Place on the Matchday 32. with 8 points to Arsenal and way better goal difference. So the players were just not so focused as everything seemed already decided which was due to a very good season at this point thanks to Tuchel.

It's not really fair as a lot of players wanted to go due to lack of game time or because they thought they were better (even though they are just average players) . Which Tuchel mentioned a couple times in press conference. If 5-8 players want to go, it is not a nice atmosphere and it is much harder to deliver. 

Should have sorted the players out in the beginning of the transfer market and get a team together as early as possible instead the new transfers were mostly last minute and had no preseason with the team. How can you work on things if you have seriously no time? This is not football manager, you can not buy players from all over for big money and they will perform in the first games on their best level.

How can you sack a manager that made comfortable Top 4 last season, came from 10th place to 4th, won the CL, Made it to 2 FA Cup final , 1 League Cup in just 1 1/2 years ?and not give him a little bit of time, let him clear the deadwood and let him work with the new signings. 

For me this was decided quite early but Boehly did not want to sack him right away because of the popularity he had with fans. So he waited for the first sligh slip in form. For me, it is a pure ego thing to show who's boss as he wants to get all the credit for the future "success".  

Edited by jony92

4 hours ago, ozboy said:

Personally I think Tuchel is a great coach but it all started going wrong when we bought lukaku. Not sure why it’s come to this but makes me sad. 

Exactly..

Tuchel is one of the Top5 coaches, so unless they get Poch, they will most likely not get better, i can't see it. The problem as i see it is, that Tuchel gets the maximum out of players, which makes him overrate them and a general inability to get fitting high quality players in, which i said right when he started here. 

Nevertheless i will always remember that half year after he took over, one of the all time great coaching performances.

Edited by maik2021